Police Raid Club Atlants

Monday, April 4, 2016 5:13 AM
Here's something I never seen in a club. About midnight on Saturday all of a sudden about a dozen police (plain clothes I believe) walk into club Atlantis philly. They didn't go crazy looking all over, they just kinda hung out in front talking with managers. They did go back to dressing room with one girl I believe. It was kinda funny to see what people did. The DJ kept playing music, girls kept dancing (some girls even took guys back for private dances), some guys fled, most just kinda hang around to see what happened. I was leaving anyway so I rolled. There was like 6-8 police cars outside. Would love to know what happened. I never found this club to have any thing illegal going on. Anyone there?

8 comments

Sounds like they were looking for a specific individual.
shadowcat
8 years ago
It could have been several different reasons. 1. Tip on drugs inside the club. 2. Not sure what the "permit" or "registration" requirements are for dancers in the state of Pennsylvania but sometimes they will go in to make sure dancers have the proper documentation and are of age. 3. Or like shadow said, they were looking for a specific person. They always like to bring multiple cars. I'll never forget in college I pulled up to a friends apartment and a cop drives up behind me and starts talking to me. Apparently someone robbed a house that night driving the same car as me. While we were talking I turn around and 5 other police cars are behind me! I got pulled over 3 more times on my way home that night, which was only a 4 mile drive.
shailynn
8 years ago
harassment?
CaraLynn87
8 years ago
Yeah - does not sound like the typical strip-club police raid
Papi_Chulo
8 years ago
I've had a similar experience. 4 Detroit cops came in to a club I was at in Detroit. I was sitting at the bar when they came in. They didn't do much except stand by the door and talk to the door girl and the bouncer. They stayed for a few minutes and then left.
warhawks
8 years ago
^^^ Community Watch Patrol.
shailynn
8 years ago
One of the Brazilians bit the dust. Offered a UC the works for $200. Got everything on tape. She had her visa on her - she's getting deported. Real bummer but they left after grabbing her. They hit Orchid & Oasis too from what I understand
bigman226
8 years ago
The 4 Detroit cops were there for their weekly bribes.
jackslash
8 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion