One of the owners of one of my old regular clubs passed away

Sunday, February 12, 2017 12:51 AM
Back when I lived in Omaha, which ended in October 2016 (so it wasn't all that long ago), I used to make the hour long trip to Shotgun Geniez in Hamburg, Iowa. I had many fun nights, oftentimes filled with activities that were of questionable legality. Anyway, I made my once a month visit to the SCL website, which still exists, and I go to the Shotgun Geniez page and the first thing I see is the owner, a man named Terry Rutledge, died. I thought it was weird, because he was more or less my age, but I looked around and yes, he has passed away. And my guess is so has the club. His obituary [view link]

15 comments

My condolences
JuiceBox69
7 years ago
A Lil funny how the guy looks like a church deacon lol...also a Lil funny that the Wright up called his business the restaurant and service industry. On a real talk moment is this is a sobering reminder to us all that no matter how old, or Heath or wealth we can all make the great and final exit over night...dude looked healthy and the piece on him said nothing of chronic health issues. I pray the Sacrifice of our Lord over his many sin's and that The Father will Graciously Embrace our dear brother into his eternal rest
JuiceBox69
7 years ago
For the living and reading these words let this inspire you to cling to what is left in this life...love more, argue less, be forgiven, judge no one, release bitterness, cut loose of greed, enjoy your labor, enjoy your meals, enjoy your strippers, enjoy making sweet love every time you get for this is a blessing from the Lord Let this moment move us to great things in life
JuiceBox69
7 years ago
In the name of Jesus the Christ Amen
JuiceBox69
7 years ago
Thank you for posting this..with members like MoterHead and Mikeya gone this was a great opportunity to hold a online service to address this situation verses ignore it...let's keep them in prayers and thoughts and reflect on the good memories of them our brothers..
JuiceBox69
7 years ago
@juicebox69 Actually, for a time, the other half of the building had a restaurant that was at least in part in his name so that part is accurate. He even owned the town's used car dealership. Probably did more for that town than 90% of the residents. And yet they gave him hell because he ran the local strip club. Sadly, in my opinion, he was running it into the ground, but when you are in the middle of nowhere, it's always a challenge. Also sadly, I believe this is it for the club.
DandyDan
7 years ago
He looks like he would be a good guy...with all he was running in town makes you wonder the impact it will have on the community In my town we got some families that own a decent amount of things and do good for the community at large. So I understand that aspect Makes me curious how he got involved into the business in the first place ? Love of the industry ? Was it a good price with good numbers ?
JuiceBox69
7 years ago
To be honest, I always thought he was something of a scam artist. Like I said, he ran the local used car dealership, at least until he sold his share of the business. I believe he got involved when the previous owner, who himself has passed, needed a new partner.
DandyDan
7 years ago
Gotcha lol...so he has a wholesome image but ran Shit side ways LMFAO I know a few seedy guys at some mega churches in my location that fit this kind of descriptions... I feel yeah
JuiceBox69
7 years ago
Sad, I had this happen at a regular club of mine. Manager passed away in mid 40's. They had a funeral at the club
crazyjoe
7 years ago
Wow only 45.
thapimpster
7 years ago
So the club closed or will be closed?
sinclair
7 years ago
There's a club here in Detwaa on 8 Mile, in its' day it attracted the top sports heros here. Kirk Gibson, of the Detroit Tigers and his sidekick pitcher buddy, Dave Rozema married 2 of the dancers. Amazingly those guys are still married to the beauties. Great club with plenty of extras. For a while my brother was one of the DJ's there, and I used to hang with him, he always clued me in on the best dancers for extras. When the owner died several years ago, an urn with his ashes in it was placed behind the bar. It was a strange thing to see. It's still open, under a new owner with a different name now.
vincemichaels
7 years ago
I have no idea whether it is open or not because I don't live close enough to check it out and most of the ladies I was ever in contact with there I don't keep up with anymore
DandyDan
7 years ago
Bumping a damn good sermon
JuiceBox69
7 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion