How to follow Discussion?

Thursday, December 19, 2019 5:38 PM
I must be old and blind but I have done some extensive posts here in reply to others but do not see how to easily return to see further replies i.e. guys asking me further questions. In profile see some posts but not since the new board and not in follows, not in conversations, etc. It is very hard to have to scan zillions of topics to remember and find one you posted in to see if further replies. Do not get any email notice.. am I missing something where I should be able to follow posts here?

16 comments

When you look at the discussions list, be sure to select "sort by last comment". That should do it. You can also instead go to Groups, "sort by last comment", and only on the group you have posted in, like Front Room or Politics Room, for example. Welcome to TUSCL, SJG
san_jose_guy
4 years ago
founder... we need our past comments contributions listed please. thank you
Jascoi
4 years ago
If I want to return to a topic I posted on a few days ago, "sort by last comment" doesn't really help much since sill have to look at all the topics to find down to the one I am interested in.
davephx
4 years ago
^^^^ agreed, long ago it was like that, and I used it all the time. Also having a per post URL really helps. If we could get that right off of the post, that would be the very best. Many message boards today are just like that. SJG
san_jose_guy
4 years ago
Odd my last comment above now gets listed in my Conversations but not about five other comments in threads I posted on in the last few days.
davephx
4 years ago
Well, right now the software does not give you a list of your comments. Conversations means PM's. But you can look up the Discussions you have started. And just looking at the discussions lists you can pretty much find your stuff. Either you are the last to post, or others have further bumped it. SJG
san_jose_guy
4 years ago
You're missing davephx's point, SJG. People contribute in a lot of threads that they didn't start. With the new system there is no way to find those posts in a list like before. If you start a bunch of discussions then yeah you can easily see stuff there. But a person like me who doesn't really start discussions and just contributes in others, there is now no way to find those posts easily.
TFP
4 years ago
TFP - yep you expressed it well. I am getting email notifications of new replies to this discussion but only because I started it. It would be great to be able to "subscribe" to any thread like on many boards. For example [view link], where I have 2400 posts on, is so easy using the popular vBulletin software. This TUSCL board is nice and bright and clean just very hard to follow discussions. I still haven't figured out how to mark a strip clubs as favorite. Doesn't seem to have the emblem that use to control it.
davephx
4 years ago
davephx said "I still haven't figured out how to mark a strip clubs as favorite. Doesn't seem to have the emblem that use to control it." Go to the club's page and select "Follow" at the top. That's how TUSCL does "favorites". No, you can't subscribe to a thread to be notified of updates. It used to be easier to do this under a previous iteration of the site. Unfortunately, that function went away. But I'd like it to come back.
Call.Me.Ishmael
4 years ago
Used to be able to highlight threads just like follows but now you can only follow a person or a club maybe founder will realize that he keeps tinkering with stuff too much it’s going to start turning people off.
twentyfive
4 years ago
Founder! you brought it back! thank you sir!
Jascoi
4 years ago
TFP and Davephx, there was no easy way, you just had to list the discussions or the contents of a group in order of last post and see. Hopefully you will recognize the titles of the threads you have posted on. But now, Founder has restored our list of our posts! So today I started off with that! Thank you founder for letting us see the list and count for our comments. I really helps in getting going on this site. Also, I have always limited the number of new threads I start. Too many threads makes it harder to navigate. So I never start a new thread until I have made at least 100 comments. SJG 25 TYPES OF KISSES!! [view link]
san_jose_guy
4 years ago
LMFAO thank you so much @san_jose_creep for being considerate enough to reply to yourself at least 100 times before creating yet another one if your echo chamber threads with you making 99% of the posts. It really helps to limit the number of your spam threads that clog up the boards. 😂😂😂
SirLapdancealot
4 years ago
I have to say I don’t understand why some you guys get so upset with San Jose guy. if you don’t like what sjguy posts... just simply don’t read it.
Jascoi
4 years ago
@Jascoi I've been trolled by him numerous times so I just have fun with him and his posts. I have a general policy on internet boards to troll anyone that has trolled me. It's fun!
SirLapdancealot
4 years ago
^ and yeah, if I want to ignore a post, I just scroll by it in real life. I don't need the ignore* feature. *I do use the thread mute feature just to save scroll time.
SirLapdancealot
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion