Post-covid club atmosphere

Saturday, May 30, 2020 4:07 PM
I am an older customer who goes to clubs. From my experience, I see three categories of girls in clubs. The first category largely treat the strip club as a night club and go there to drink and have fun with younger guys or the better looking guys. The second category are primarily focused on money and often complain to me the young guys are just there to drink and waste their time talking to them and don't spend money. They are the girls who pay attention to me. The third category splits their time and try to have fun but also spend at least some time trying to make enough money to pay their bills. What I see happening is that many older guys with money will shy away from the clubs because of the new health risks or because they lost their high incomes. There are a lot of landlords and small business owners among the old guy group and I know some of them have reduced incomes. I am an older customer with no loss of income but this may not be good for me. I will have less competition for the girls who are looking for customers like me but there may be so few customers like me left that many of those girls will just give up and quit. That will turn the clubs more in the direction of a place for younger people to hang out together. Besides fewer girls still being there who might be interested in me and the other older customers, I think we would feel more out of place when almost everyone around us is a lot younger. This would have a snowball effect and cause even fewer older customers to show up. Could this cause a long term change in strip clubs?

9 comments

"Could this cause a long term change in strip clubs?" I don't really think so. If the money comes back, there will be dancers there looking for it. Eventually those younger customers will be age into spending more, if they aren't already and the dancers are just selling the same old story about broke young dudes.
wallanon
4 years ago
One of the biggest changes I've noticed is that most dancers now ask for permission to sit in your lap, instead of just presuming you want them to. I like that.
Chili Palmer
4 years ago
In Arizona I haven't found this to be true, the clubs are full even with some stricter dance floor contact. I suspect that in a few months it will be completely back to preCOVID atmosphere.
SaltyNuts
4 years ago
We appreciate the theoretical whitepaper. As long as Covid is still a threat, it will be a new-normal per se - time (along with the virus) will tell - for now IMO things will continue to stay in flux given irregular variables such as: + clubs are just beginning to open and in just some areas + as long as UI benefits are available, hard to tell how many dancers will be motivated to stay on the sidelines vs selling-some-ass It's a different state of affairs right now - *IMO* the virus, and UI benefits, will be the stronger-headwinds vs PLs not being able/willing to spend $$$ (I think there is a good-amount of pent-up-demand).
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
Every owner of a high-milage club has been breaking the law for years, is very comfortable with risky activities as long as it pays well, and won't remember a customer or a dancer's name 12 hours after they drop dead. I expect every club to be 100% back to normal within a week or two of opening.
misterorange
4 years ago
SaltyNuts says: "In Arizona I haven't found this to be true, the clubs are full even with some stricter dance floor contact." Thanks for the report. Here in Indianapolis they aren't able to open until June 14th. I've been looking for any information I can find about what is happening in other states as they reopen their clubs.
docsavage
4 years ago
I see the scenario doc laid out being a factor to a certain degree over the next year. Additionally, I see this pandemic accelerating the ongoing trend to a more, if not fully, virtual world. I recognize some inherent advantages that the online world offers. However, I don't enthusiastically relish the prospect of too many brick and mortar stores permanently shuttering, or having video conferencing supplant f2f meeting with doctor, banker, financial advisor. Ditto for call centers. (How the fuck is having an online assistant going to help me if my computer is broke, or my server down ?) Those online faq's answer every question EXCEPT for the one THAT APPLIES TO MY SITUATION. I like what online can do, but don't fully embrace it supplanting long held constants in daily life. Yes, the effects of pandemic transcends the macro dynamics of strip club visits.
minnow
4 years ago
"How the fuck is having an online assistant going to help me if my computer is broke, or my server down ?" Good question. Just like cam girls have been around for over a decade, but I prefer tipping dolla dolla billz in g-strings not mouse clicks.
wallanon
4 years ago
The title of the discussion is deceiving. We are far from being post-Covid. The virus is nowhere near finished spreading. Areas currently open, may need to clamp down again. While New York and New Jersey were the hot spots a month ago, Illlinois and California have now taken the baton for most new cases each day. Maryland and Virginia are also bad. I think the current George Floyd protests/riots and large gatherings (Lake of the Ozarks parties, Atlanta parties) will give a new boost to the spread of the virus. I see a lot of schools are planning on reopening in the fall, but then closing at Thanksgiving break. The thought is that even if we can get the virus fairly under control this summer, it will reemerge by winter. The only thing that will bring this to an end is a vaccine and everyone getting vaccinated.
sinclair
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion