average stripper retirement age

Monday, September 14, 2020 10:33 PM
Among the girls you've known in strip clubs, what was the average age that they decided to quit stripping? Did you think they left at about the right time, should have stayed in it longer, or stayed a little too long? For me, most of my regulars left around thirty. Their strip club income slowly dropped as they got older and when it got to about the same level they could make in other jobs very few stayed after that point.

39 comments

I've seen no less than two strippers in their 50s. One told me she was 53 whilst smacking her gums
kingcripple
4 years ago
Old strippers never retire, they just fade away.
TheeOSU
4 years ago
For every stripper who works for a long period of years, then retires, there are 100 who strip for a matter of months, or a couple years, then move on to something else.
mark94
4 years ago
The girls I know who quit did it coz they got decent paying 9 to 5s or got married. But I've seen dancers way into their 60s
IceyLoco
4 years ago
Two CFsretired at 22 I met one at 19 and the other at 20.
Bavarian
4 years ago
Damn. Where’s the edit function. Two favorites I guess since they are retired.
Bavarian
4 years ago
The ones that dance for a long time tend to be really hot women who continue to make money, have great genes, age well and take care of their bodies. I find that very attractive as a guy in my late 50s
Studme53
4 years ago
@DesertScrub - what did Mustang ever do to you? We both know that she is nowhere near 70. And part of the reason she is a legend is her personality - she is an absolute sweetheart.
winex
4 years ago
I'd say by age 28 half of the strippers I've known retire. Between ages 35 and 40 seems like another mark of determination to step away for about an additional one-third of the dancers I've known. I do know at least 10 dancers that range in age from 40 to 53 that I continue to get dances from. Along with young spinners under 25, I am a big fan of women whose bodies and looks defy the typical aging timeline or degradation. To the best of my knowledge the oldest dancer that has entertained me in a strip club is 53 and is 8 years younger than I am.
rockie
4 years ago
Blondie at the Clemont Lounge in Atlanta is 63. https://www.wsbtv.com/news/exotic-dancer-blondie-focus-and-star-new-film/242308533/
shadowcat
4 years ago
I think a lot of girls make less money as they get older due to burnout and getting tired of hustling and tired of bs etc. I've seen it in a few "older" girls that were absolutely beautiful but they just kinda wanted to do something else at that point.
blahblahblah23
4 years ago
^I would too if I were dancer and had to be dealing with PLs while in my late-30s+. Must be mentally and emotionally exhausting, balanced against the cash $$ flow
DeclineToState
4 years ago
The older strippers just move to South Florida . Its not uncommon to find them in their 50s in some clubs.
Warrior15
4 years ago
I always assumed dancers left the biz due more to burnout vs aging out; but can't say that is the reason for sure. I *assume* the following types of dancers: + those that try it out and it's just not for them from the get-go + those that don't like it but stick w/ it b/c of the $$$ but they never truly come to grips with it and quit when they just can't take it anymore even though they can still make $$$ + those that just wanna start a new phase in life even if they are doing well dancing (relationship/marriage/forming-a-family; wanna have a fully civilian life including working a civilian job; etc) + those that that can still make $$$ but are past their peak and it's not as easy as it used to be to make $$$; they may get a lot more rejections than they used to; may not be hired for the best shifts or the best clubs, etc; and thus probably feel it's time to make a transition but would o/w keep going if she was near the top of her game + the ones that have decided to make it a career and they've taken the steps to somewhat ensure they can still make good $$$ (find a good fit for a club; have accumulated, or are good at accumulating, regulars; work hard at taking care of themselves; etc) In my mind I sometimes make the analogy b/w dancers and NFL players - a few actually quit from the get-go b/c it's not for them (can't take the demands); the avg one that sticks it out lasts about 4-years; a few make a good career of it (more than 4 years) but at some point burn-out even if they can still play (again b/c of the demands); and some play a long time.
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
^It appears you have covered all the sociological factors in typical Papi detail
DeclineToState
4 years ago
😛
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
Years ago I had one in Vegas tell me she was 46. Before that I just assumed they were all young until I took a hard look at some of them.
dr_lee
4 years ago
^Amazing the positive effect club lighting can have on looks. I clubbed shortly pre-Covid and this late-30s gal looked hot on stage then we went and sat away from stage in better lit area, and she correspondingly dropped from 8.6 down to 6
DeclineToState
4 years ago
^*8.5 down to 6
DeclineToState
4 years ago
What did you see up close that made her looks drop down so much?
blahblahblah23
4 years ago
Weather beaten face and acne scars
DeclineToState
4 years ago
Probably 22
Muddy
4 years ago
One thing that really makes it screwy is that a lot of dancers don’t look their age at all. Either good genetics or Botox or something. Another thing that makes it screwy is that it seems as the years go by, the plans to quit either get delayed or reversed. I remember when I was going to quit sometime May 2019 at the age 25. But here I am.
nicespice
4 years ago
^please stay. And hit Calif
DeclineToState
4 years ago
^Tell Calif to stop having stupid laws.
nicespice
4 years ago
My ATF was 50 when she finally retired, and still had the hottest body in the club. Other favs are 42, 42, 46, and 42. I've had two experiences with 19 year olds, but neither of them could hold a candle to those older women.
ATACdawg
4 years ago
Average stripper retirement age. Used to be 65, but now a sliding scale between 66 and 67 based on date of birth. (or 62 with 30% reduction in benefit.)
datinman
4 years ago
If a dancer is the type who will give in to pressure from someone they're involved with romantically to stop dancing, she'll generally be in and out of it. Depending on her financial and/or romantic ups and downs. Depends on several factors when you finally stop. Age and/or pregnancy can cut your earnings. What other jobs your qualified for (or can get qualified for) and how much they appeal to you. You can keep going much longer if you don't take the nos personally. If you're strong enough to keep rolling up on custies after hearing a bunch of nos, you'll find the ones who are turned on primarily by how motivated the dancer is.
ilbbaicnl
4 years ago
^ I mean there is some truth to that I guess. The biggest money makers I'd ever seen that weren't just straight up hookers (or at least not obvious about it) were all older but much more bueatiful than avg 18 year olds lmfao.
blahblahblah23
4 years ago
Also I notice clubs full of like 18 year olds are lower money for everyone. The bitches who make like absurd moneys 200k a year or w/e are filled w/ older beautiful chicks. ie manhattan
blahblahblah23
4 years ago
^ That’s a good point. Palazio had older dancers too. I feel like when you’re younger(18-20 range), you get the attention for being an adorable ingenue fer sure but also prone to more bull shit thrown your way. Even when a younger dancer *can* hold a conversation, it’s tougher to filter through the more predatory types like to specifically target younger dancers. (Not saying all customers who prefer the very young dancer are predatory but that correlation exists for a reason, and not just because jealous older women say so 😝) It seems the clubs that specifically hire the young dancers are structured in a way to kind of filter that by making it more about dances than really spending time together. At the Golden Dragon for example, there’s no option for rooms past a half hour. It keeps interactions with customers lower stress when you don’t have to deal with as much with people’s emotions. But with emotions comes higher income potential. So there is that and it’s a trade off.
nicespice
4 years ago
Idk even in wanna dance type situations I've given plenty of 18 year olds a run for their money, granted I am not old enough for that to be bragging rights. I don't get this weirdness about age honestly lol. I find Portland weird also because a lot of these clubs seem to wanna know your age if you contact them over the phone or something. I never had that kind of bullshit in other cities. Just seems odd to me. But then Portland is weird and low class in general.
blahblahblah23
4 years ago
^ Interesting. Yeah the Dragon didn’t explicitly ask for age over the phone. Nor did the manager say anything when I handed over my ID. Only realized the really young MO when looking around the room later on. Think Portland clubs ask for age on the phone is because they want you 21+? (To be able to legally sell dances and not just do stage if selling liquor)
nicespice
4 years ago
It depends on the dancer and the club. However I have noticed a significant portion of the pretty young ones quitting around 23 or so. I would guess a lot of these are college students who dance to pay for college, then either get a job. The next largest group seems to be dancers who relied on looks and not dance quality, and those seem to retire around 35 or so. Then there are the rest, veteran dancers who keep up their bodies and looks, and give great dances. Many of these can dance well into their early 40's. One of the oldest I recall was around 46 when she retired while still on top and hotter than most of the dancers there. I have also seen a few dancers that danced well past their prime, including a few who were favorites of mine when they started.
rl27
4 years ago
I know a place where a dancer told me she's 53 but I think she lied. Looks more like 65.
misterorange
4 years ago
Good point rl27. I do think there is something to what you said about different phases of “cuts” of when a dancer exits the business. It would be nice if there was actual data on this but sadly I doubt it exists, even from the corporate chain clubs. @heaving yeah, I feel like strippers as a group tend to be an outlier group of women in general...on both ends of the bell curve.
nicespice
4 years ago
Hmm. A quick glance at one group where I specifically searched retired dancers—most quit after 10-30 years. But then again, if one is motivated enough to join an online group, that probably isn’t accurate enough to describe all the girls who may dance intermittently for a few months before being done for good. But then again I remember back to the first time I worked at a club. And there was a friend group I was kinda in and that gave me the “encouragement” to even start dancing. I remember there was about seven of us. (With a lot of fall outs end ended friendships because it was a catty group). Our age ranges were 19-23 at the time. And I think 4.5 years later only 3 of us are still dancing?
nicespice
4 years ago
By comparison, you could ask "what's the average retirement age from food service?" Will differ a lot depending if it's working the counter at a fast food joint, versus wait staff a restaurant where a meal typically cost $50+ per patron. If you can qualify to dance in a club in Manhattan or half a block of the strip in Vegas, you've got more motivation to stick with it and stay healthy.
ilbbaicnl
4 years ago
Oh I forgot to mention. A lot of pretty "older" dancers have their bodies fall apart on them and so don't really have a choice except to exit the biz. Knee issues is prob #1 lmao. Crawling around on hard stages not good for the knees.
blahblahblah23
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion