What is the best type of customer for strip clubs to target?

Saturday, December 12, 2020 6:37 AM
From what you have seen from your club visits, what type of customer do successful clubs target? What I've noticed is younger guys are more likely to go out on weekends than older ones. Club managers like it that they buy a lot of drinks and fill up the club and give it more of a party vibe. The girls like the attention and probably like the younger guys more than us boring old farts. On the other hand, I've had several high earning very pretty strippers tell me it is the old guys who have more money to spend. Targeting a younger crowd requires more loud hip hop type of music and they say their old customers complain about that and it helps reduce their visits. The younger crowd is also more rowdy, even to the point of starting fights, and that drives away the old guys. I've also had some girls tell me young guys waste their time, are more disrespectful and don't spend money. By targeting a younger crowd, the club may make more money on drink sales but the top girls may make less money and in the long run stripper quality might decline with negative overall consequences for the club.

25 comments

Depends on what's a "successful" club. One club fills one niche, another goes after the next one. If you're talking about making money and staying out of trouble, go after older professionals with cash to spend and without the hormones to cause violence. Have an official policy against extras and put up signs about it to keep away the heat, but look the other way if your dancers treat the VIPs especially well. You can't go wrong anywhere with a cornucopia of gorgeous women. To paraphrase, it's the dancers, stupid.
Tetradon
3 years ago
Back when things were normal the older regulars would think of it as no big deal to spend 100 to 300 On A Slow Night Assuming We Thought It Was Good Value For The Money. That Can Add Up To A Lot More Than Some Newbie Coming In The Club Thinking He Is Going To Wow The Dancers With His Money. If He Tips 20 Or 100 At A Time. No Contest With Me. If Every Dollar Or Two Dollar Tip I Ever Gave Was A 20 I Wold Have Tipped Over A Million Or More.
orionsmith
3 years ago
Now im making more money than ever but have nowhere to go with all the restrictions.
orionsmith
3 years ago
Depends on the area. Since I’m starting to get an impression of where this thread is headed: I’ll play devil’s advocate on this one. Older white professionals can be a solid bet on the likely income, sure, but sometimes (depending on area) since they view themselves as the top of the hierarchy have more entitlement and demands. In Texas, they would be the group I’d approach after the younger and more ethnic guys. Because for every one who was a great easygoing spender.there are two more who would be a headache. When I was a baby stripper, I did the opposite and that experience made me conclude the that group was overrated. The only reason I will avoid referring to them as a Karen is because they never asked to speak to my manager. Having to be more diligent against some customer groups (thugs and 2amers) may be more necessary in some places than others, depending on location. A place that attracts younger customers won’t be rowdy everywhere. But in areas where they have more peaceful personalities. the older white customer can be an enjoyable group to hang out with and cater to. At my home club, at least when it’s open, most of my customers currently are older and white. Generally, I prefer clubs that attract a diverse group of people. Keeps things more interesting. There is positives and negatives to every group. Only reason to only focus on white professionals is if we could roll the clock back to a time period that strip club visits were tax-deductible for businessmen.
nicespice
3 years ago
In Atlanta black clubs out number mixed clubs 4 to 1. The mixed clubs seem to stay open for longer periods of time. While most of the black club are constantly shutting down. changing ownership, changing names and reopening. There are no clubs that I would call white like I have seen in other parts of the country. This indicates to me that the clubs with the old white guys as customers do better than the young hip hop culture black clubs do. Economics 101.
shadowcat
3 years ago
I make my best money circle jerking white dudes! My best night yet was when I circle jerked all of the Rick's! 😉
BBBC
3 years ago
Bottle service
PaulDrake
3 years ago
A successful club has to focus on high customer volume. Different theme nights qnd specials to attract an array of customers. Niche marketing eventually leads to stagnation and end up distracting more potential customers than it attracts.
Icee Loco (asshole)
3 years ago
"Targeting a younger crowd requires more loud hip hop type of music and they say their old customers complain about that and it helps reduce their visits." I opine most young strippers like "younger" person music (including loud hip hop type of mysic) is probably the reason clubs play this music and if old customers complain about that, tell the older customers to look for clubs that play Frank Sinatra or whatever shit they want to listen to... Lol Reminder: it is 2020, not 1950 (SMH).
Cristobal
3 years ago
Whales. Whales will pay for 50 other strip club customers at a minimum.
Liwet
3 years ago
My favorite kind of music is heavy metal. Metallica, Rob Zombie ,AC/DC, etc . Wondering if strip club Expectations Would Change A Lot If K. Harris Legalizes Prostitution Like I Heard She Might. If Strippers Have To Compete With Sex Workers Might Work The Job Into Clubs Then Typical Customers Might Change. Actually Could Make Strip Clubs Fun Again Like Platinum Plus Gone Wild.
orionsmith
3 years ago
Everyone is different but my current financial situation makes me a hell of a lot better customer in my 50's than I was in my younger life. I would spend before but I was more selective about where I spent and would leave a club with whatever money I was going to spend if I didn't find what I wanted. Now, I have "don't give a fuck" money every month that makes me more open to explore with a girl that might not be my exact type. This freedom has opened me up to new opportunities because I have found a few girls that were fun and I wouldn't have given them a second look before. As far as the music, I have my preferences but don't expect to hear them in a strip club. If I'm engaged with a girl, I would have a hard time even noticing what song is playing. I have noticed that, in a lot of clubs, the older crowd will come in earlier. After 10, the younger crowd starts to come in and by midnight it's usually crazy. It tends to bring the energy level up in the club but I just pay attention to the dancer in front of me most of the time. The only time I notice what's going on in the club is if I don't find a girl that interests me or between girls.
mike710
3 years ago
I think many clubs around the country target different customers for different shifts. Day shift and Happy Hour are more laidback and skew more toward older guy or working professionals. The night shift is more of a party atmosphere for younger guys, couples, groups out barhopping, etc. Regardless of age, strip clubs want to target customers that spend money. They are making less money when the capacity is filled with broke guys who nurse a bottle of water for two hours and don't even tip the stage. With regards to the pandemic, the older customer base has seemed to have disappeared, at least at the clubs I have visited during the pandemic. I almost never see anyone over 40 or 45 in the clubs anymore.
sinclair
3 years ago
Clubs make most of their money off the dancera. Not customers. House fees and tip outs bring in morebthan drink or VIP sales. In turn customers who spend on the girls attract more girls per shift so the club makes more
Icee Loco (asshole)
3 years ago
It depends on several factors. First, where is the club located? If it is in a heavily tourist town (Vegas?) the one-off party mode customers are going to dwarf the regulars. Conversely, in places like Erie or the maga-burbs of Pittsburgh, where there are no tourists, regular repeat customers are going to dominate. Second, what is the business model of the club? IMO, most clubs tend to fall into one of two types: bars with strippers, or strip club that may or may not have a bar. IMO, the straight up strip club is going to be more heavily dependent on regular repeat customers. Honestly, I can see the bar first model going either way, but the bar first model is better at bring in the one-off customers on top of any regulars. Third, I agree with Sinclair. Clubs that have both a day shift and a night shift can target different types on customers on different shifts. Day shifts being more for regulars and night shift being more one-offs. Although, not all clubs have multiple shifts.
mjx01
3 years ago
I agree that these concepts are not mutually exclusive. Different types of customers tend to gravitate to different shifts. A club can tweak its operations to cater to retirees and the alternatively employed during weekday shifts, older white collar workers on early/midweek night shifts and weekend days, and the younger party types that are more prevalent on Th-Sa nights. In some of the more urban club settings with very late closing hours the party types also come out late during weekday nights, often from midnight on, when many of the older white collar types have left to sleep before work the next day. Some of the adjustments happen naturally as different types of dancers tend to gravitate to these different types of customers. The rest of the adjustments come from clubs hiring different types of dancers for these shifts, playing around with drink and food discounts during day shifts, using different DJs and bartenders for different types of shifts, etc., etc.
rickdugan
3 years ago
Men who like naked women. It seems fine to have a day shift to cater to business travelers and older guys and then turn Friday and Saturday night into a party
JamesSD
3 years ago
From a moral point of view, polite ones. Who will always throw a buck or two on stage if need be, so the dancer doesn't end up with nothing. This has business advantages too. Dancers are only human, and a some point will decide tolerating the rudeness is not worth the money. Clubs rely on some mix of three revenue streams, a cut of the dancers' money, booze, and food or other. Obviously, you need a base of dance buyers to hang on to your dancers. But boozehound gawkers can be valuable too. Many clubs get the boozehound money and take little of the of the dancers' money. Which attracts more dancers that boozers want to gawk at.
ilbbaicnl
3 years ago
A full club doesn't mean a high profit margin. It depends on spending
Icee Loco (asshole)
3 years ago
Icee, a full club is generally good for the house. Not necessarily for the girls.
JamesSD
3 years ago
The best type of customer for a strip club to target is the one who comes in to spend money.
georgmicrodong
3 years ago
Someone respectful, consistent, and spends money on dancers and drinks/staff. One who's successful and generous but then these types don't need SCs. NAAAASTY
NAAAASTY
3 years ago
Sometimes it helps to have a different feel at different times. A party theme late and on weekends but cater to older big spenders during the day.
boomer79
3 years ago
If you want to feel bad about yourself, watch the protrayal of strip club patrons in Metallica's video for "Turn the Page."
gammanu95
3 years ago
Target da ones wit da shit coinz. We are da 1%
MackTruck
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion