Should the strip club shutdowns end?

Monday, January 11, 2021 8:15 PM
Heavily locked down California just passed Florida, a state with few restrictions, in Covid cases per million. California should have had fewer since they rank forty second in average age versus fifth for Florida. California is also approaching the same deaths per million as Florida. Deaths lag cases so California may pass Florida there too in a couple of weeks. I just checked the reviews for those two states. It appears there are 28 reviews for Florida in the last month versus eight for California and that most of the California clubs are shut down at the direction of the state government with only a few trying to remain open. Since the lockdowns didn't work in California is it time to start thinking about maybe letting the strip clubs open and operate there along with everywhere else?

12 comments

Should California open? Well, since it seems shutting down doesn't control the virus it seems CA should stop punishing small business. Will it happen? Not as long as Gavin Newsome is in charge. He is facing a recall election as 1 million signatures have been gathered of 1.5 million needed by March. People tend to get passed when you tell them to stay home and violate your own rules at the ultra expensive French Laundry restaurant. Covid numbers in the state are the worst they've been during the entire pandemic but Newsome insists he has science on his side to justify the lockdown. It just doesn't make sense since we are in the 5th week of our 3rd or 4th lockdown of restaurants and bars. This last closure is going to be the end of lot of small businesses.
mike710
3 years ago
Per capita all the worst states are relatively "open" (except maybe Rhode island?) Florida and California are basically tied. But as we saw during that criminal raid on a scientist in Florida, the numbers coming from the state are made up lies. There are zero available ICU beds in socal. For me that is the current measuring stick. Until we vaccinate enough people to improve that we need to stay relatively closed. All that said, I do think restrictions have been harsh on small retail compared to Walmart.
JamesSD
3 years ago
Time to end the lockdowns? They never should have started.
gammanu95
3 years ago
change delta flight We are broadly waiving change fees for travel impacted by coronavirus, including any flights purchased before April 17, 2020, departing March 2020 Link- https://www.reservationdeltaairlines.com/change-delta-flight/
amitdikshit25
3 years ago
United Airlines Reservations Book your flight reservations, hotel, rental car, cruise and vacation packages on unitedairlinereservationsdeals.com today. Book airline tickets and MileagePlus award tickets to worldwide destinations. ... You have options when it comes to changing or canceling your reservation. Link- https://www.unitedairlinereservationsdeals.com/
amitdikshit25
3 years ago
Florida is fine. Lockdowns didn't work. Fuck California.
skibum609
3 years ago
===> "But as we saw during that criminal raid on a scientist in Florida, the numbers coming from the state are made up lies." The "scientist" in question was doing low level data entry and has a PhD in Geography, lol. She decided she knew better than the real scientists who she reported to as to how to interpret the numbers, which is why she was fired. She also has a...questionable past, including a history of mental instability. Net-net her nonsense was discredited a long time ago by anyone other than fringe nuts.
rickdugan
3 years ago
Nevada just followed California again and continued restrictions for another 30 days. Nevada also ranks 47th out of 50 states in vaccine distribution, and until last night the tinpot “governor” prioritized inmates over vulnerable seniors. As a healthcare worker, the problem with hospitals is actually related to the families not wanting to take back their loved ones out of fear. After their 5 day course of medications they can go home, families won’t take them and thus the hospitals are bottlenecked.
lotsoffun201
3 years ago
Some of the clubs here in Indiana never reopened after a month long shutdown here in the Spring. I think if the state government orders lockdowns then they should financially assist the businesses they shut down, both the owners and employees, and then increase taxes to pay for it. The voters can then decide if it is worth the higher taxes to keep businesses closed. The costs are falling disproportionately on certain groups while others receive the benefits. Andrew Cuomo in New York just announced they are going to start reopening businesses because if they don't there won't be anything left to reopen. They have had multiple extended lockdowns there.
docsavage
3 years ago
Lockdowns were designed to get the young used to government control and were never intended or expected to work on the disease itself.
skibum609
3 years ago
At this point I say yes. But I'm highly biased. We've been in lockdown so long in CA that life is flat out boring right now. And even despite the lockdowns we still have more and more cases everyday. Makes me think at this point why even bother with all this shit.
TFP
3 years ago
Cuomo's face is a horse's ass and his mouth is the anus.
misterorange
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion