ENTERTAINMENT AT SB HALFTIME?

Sunday, February 7, 2021 5:00 PM
i'm going to rock out to accept live at wacken 2017 during halftime. is anyone here going to just stay tuned in and watch the weekend halftime performance or enjoy something else until the second half starts?

28 comments

To me the superbowl halftime show and any Hollywood awards show are the most overrated from of entertainment of the year.
mike710
3 years ago
I’m making some apple pie moonshine. Beats the fuck out of NFL football any day and every day!
Nidan111
3 years ago
I'm watching it. When they started playing "The Hills" I thought it might turn into the most epic SB halftime moment ever. But alas...
wallanon
3 years ago
Worst halftime show ever! Even some of the cardboard cutout people were seen leaving a stadium
elmer
3 years ago
That was horrible! I wasted 45 seconds of my life! Forget the weekend. How about "red suit guy that isn't Santa clause". No too long to say, never mind.
Heellover
3 years ago
Eh, the halftime show music was sorta like music at the club: didn’t really care about it; didn’t really listen to it. Too bad the game was a blow out.
IfIGottaBeDamned
3 years ago
Strippers fucking love the Weeknd. Maybe because he's big into cocaine.
JamesSD
3 years ago
"Strippers fucking love the Weeknd." This is truth. Different ages. Different ethnicities. His stuff is an easy win if you need something to listen to when the dancers are around. For now at least. Something else will come along.
wallanon
3 years ago
yeah they probably do luv that guy. they all party hard together until they can't feel their faces no more. that dude probably is snorting that shit up with one hit from the left titty to the right at this moment at that 2001 odyssey upstairs spaceship.
rattdog
3 years ago
^ teehee! You were sucking balls alrighty! 😉
BBBC
3 years ago
The music industry has changed. There’s few new artists today who have universal appeal and hit after hit everyone hears on the radio, like the Beatles, Supremes or Elton John. They all have their niche audience. I couldn’t name one “the Weekend” song. Beyoncé? The “put a ring on it” song and that’s it. Naturally it’s hard to get into music you never even heard before and the queer choreography and piped in cheering doesn’t help. Verdict - halftime show is a good time to eat and do other things before the 2nd half begins.
Studme53
3 years ago
I was a little underwhelmed by the halftime show, too. Not every year can be Shakira shaking her ass and JLo on a stripper pole. But the Weeknd did have his biggest hit last year, and if you stuck around and for the closer have probably heard that 80's style riff somewhere. From a Detroit News article: "And then of course there was closer 'Blinding Lights,' the worldwide smash that has set a record for longest-running Top 10 hit in history. (It's currently the No. 3 song in America, 14 months after its release.)" [view link]
wallanon
3 years ago
Yesterday's halftime show was terrible, which is too bad because I like Weeknd's tunes and consider him very talented. By far the best halftime performance I've seen in past 20 years was Bruno Mars (the one he headlined, not the one he popped into with Coldplay), except for the part when the Chili Peppers stepped in for a song.
DeclineToState
3 years ago
blinding lights = slight rip off of or "inspired" by rod stewart's young turks.
rattdog
3 years ago
The halftime show has been consistently horrible for years, it's purely a result of arrogance on the part of whoever is booking the acts. This latest edition was simply unwatchable, the Weekend looked like Buckwheat from the Little Rascals, and just can't sing worth shit.
twentyfive
3 years ago
I forget where I read the headline - but I almost laughed out loud (an almost lol). The headline was - The Weeknd is the first African American artist to headline a Super Bowl halftime show since 2019. I guess there was a brutal year gap! Maybe a two year gap would have been better - as his performance wasn’t very exciting. I think he dated Belle Hadid? The quiet Hadid sister. Anyone watch the Miley Cyrus pregame jerk fest?
Cashman1234
3 years ago
It seems to me like the last 15 years has been the entertainment industry pushing pop bands on a fan base who aren't primarily pop listeners. I've never even heard of The Weekend but I know who Trace Adkins is.
Sgtsnowman
3 years ago
Now these are the TUSCL board themes we know and love. Had to wait for some of these guys to sober up after the big game lol
wallanon
3 years ago
There was a halftime show?
Longball300
3 years ago
I would like to nominate Ariana Grande for 2022 Superbowl halftime. Even if I mute the sound, I'm still watching!
Heellover
3 years ago
I went and shoveled snow during halftime. Didn't see a minute of it.
crosscheck
3 years ago
Check out the half-time show from super bowl 5 - the first after the merger. [view link]
yahtzee74
3 years ago
^Anita Bryant singing Battle Hymn of the Republic. And 33 years later we got Janet Jackson's bare boobie.
DeclineToState
3 years ago
That was a hundred times better than any other halftime show in recent memory. I'm going to save it to watch during next year's SB halftime! Interesting side note: I didn't realize they had artificial turf all the way back then.
misterorange
3 years ago
For the last 6-months I’ve been avoiding most TV-programming due to the woke/social-justice virtue-signaling – I haven’t watched any NBA either last-season nor this-season; and I didn’t start watching the NFL till about week-10 b/c curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to see how Tua was doing w/ the Dolphins (and even then I didn’t find the games that interesting till the conference championship games). Thus on Super Bowl Sunday I assumed I was gonna get some social-justice shit shoved down my throat thus I avoided watching anything pre-game (and just watched a little-bit of the post-game coverage on CBS); and also avoided watching the halftime show in case it was gonna be some “stop systemic racism” woke-fest– I actually recorded the game and started watching it about 2 hours after it started so I could fast-forward thru the commercials and avoid any social-justice-signaling.
Papi_Chulo
3 years ago
Papi may have taken the best approach to this years game and halftime show. Fast forward could have saved me about 4 wasted hours of my life.
Cashman1234
3 years ago
>Interesting side note: I didn't realize they had artificial turf all the way back then. I don't think they actually had much grass either. A lot of painted dirt. I just watched the 82 NFC championship game of Dallas at Washington and Sumerall made a comment about the whole field being green painted dirt. Also just watched an NFL Films show called "End of an Era 1968-70" and at the beginning they talk about the new astro turf and have film of it's first installation in Philadelphia's Franklin Field. [view link]
yahtzee74
3 years ago
Eh, it wasn’t awful. Wasn’t very memorable either. I guess Up With People must have had a previous engagement.
Huntsman
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion