What makes you decide to review a club?

Friday, April 23, 2021 2:17 AM
I would imagine that most club reviewers make a lot more visits to clubs than the clubs they end up doing reviews here on. What makes you decide to review one club but not another?

28 comments

If I have a really great time. If I have a really shitty time. If it is the first time at a club and it deserves a review. If I am traveling somewhere where I have never been and the club was decent. If I get lucky and connect with a dancer who gave me a real good time.
latinalover69
3 years ago
Latino Lover hit most of the points. A few more I would add are: The club has few or no reviews. Current reviews don't have enough information about the club layout. Things have changed recently in the club. My experience was different than the other reviews.
rl27
3 years ago
Several reasons but one is for me. By me raviewing (Juice's spelling) a club I now can remember I have been there when I look back over time. There was a time when I was traveling a lot and maybe I would be in a certain city once a year. By going back and looking at the club(s) I went to it reminded me if I need to go back to that club or try another.
shailynn
3 years ago
My VIP account privileges ran out on tuscl. 😉
CarlitosPeligro
3 years ago
First time at a club deserves a review I would think. I stopped thinking about VIP a while ago I think I'm a good through 2035.
Muddy
3 years ago
Even though I was hitting Follies twice a week during it's heyday I only did a review on it when there was a significant change or ever 3 months just to let my buddies know I was still alive and still at Follies.
shadowcat
3 years ago
Carlitos nailed it.
skibum609
3 years ago
I like getting Desertscrub's feed back when I write a glowing review.
datinman
3 years ago
I try to review most of the clubs I visit. However, if I’ve gone twice in a short time - I will write a single review to cover both trips. Good or bad - I think it’s helpful to others to share experiences. I try to be objective when writing a review. I don’t think it’s informative to write emotional reviews to flame a club or dancer over a bad experience.
Cashman1234
3 years ago
Early on I reviewed almost everything I visited. But now with 5 years of VIP in the bank, I tend to be more selective. I review a solid majority of travel clubs, but not all. The litmus test for me if whether I collected enough intel to write a meaningful review. If I popped in for 10 minutes and decided to move on, I generally pass unless something atrocious drove me away. For local clubs, it tends to be when something has changed, for good or bad. But I do keep one in reserve for a number of reasons. When one clubs frequently in the same small city where other hounds routinely visit, it doesn't hurt to keep something out of the public domain.
rickdugan
3 years ago
"What makes you decide to review one club but not another?" I find value in the TUSCL reviews, so I do try to write them but haven't posted many lately. The clubs I go to the most I'm least likely to review after a visit unless there are big changes. For the other clubs it's mostly time available. When I was traveling all the time and seeing the most clubs, I was traveling all the time and busy working so reviews weren't a priority. Now I'm traveling less but writing reviews is still pretty far down the list. And boring. The minor details aren't really interesting to me anymore, so it's a chore to write them out so they don't read like boilerplate content. Plus I bounce around clubs, so I don't notice things like prices unless it's an $8 domestic or $12 mixed drink with rail liquor. Or $40 to walk in on a day shift with seating I prefer when it used to cost $0 (thanks pandemic). When I'm in the club I'm busy with the girls, so I'm not jotting down notes to pacify the bookkeeping crowd. When I was in a bunch of different clubs on business trips I had notes mainly to keep the girls straight, but now not so much. Speaking of the pandemic, around where I live the COVID response in clubs were changing so often over the past year I didn't feel like going back to the so-so clubs for updates. Even when I do start a review, most of them end up half-written and not posted because I don't get around to finishing them.
wallanon
3 years ago
If I feel like getting VIP status on here
Icee Loco (asshole)
3 years ago
“ When one clubs frequently in the same small city where other hounds routinely visit, it doesn't hurt to keep something out of the public domain.” In other words, “I’m too much of a giant pussy to ever risk running into another person from this site and letting them see what a giant pussy I really am.”
doctorevil
3 years ago
Hey doc evil, I'm getting your post was another entry in your standing fued with Dugan. But I don't completely disagree with keeping some of finer points of how a club works out of the reviews. For one, YMMV and for some things YMWV. That's obvious stuff for the longtime TUSCLers, so my point on this is dancers and clubs do read here from time to time. I pick and choose which details to share because I don't want problems with dancers and managers in places I like.
wallanon
3 years ago
@wallanon I would tend to agree with you except in Dugan case he is such a narcissistic it’s all about me type, that I think doc reads him 100% correctly
twentyfive
3 years ago
I learn enough to be of value to others. Many times, I’ll walk in a club and leave after my first drink. Might be too few dancers or too ugly. Not worth reviewing.
mark94
3 years ago
Wall: I completely agree with picking and choosing what details to share for the protection of dancers or clubs, or maybe you don’t want the dancers or club staff to recognize your review. I do the same thing. That’s not what Ricky Boy said. He limits info because there might be other “club hounds” reading. Well, duuhhh . . . Isn’t that what this site is all about?
doctorevil
3 years ago
Wall, DE actually did read what I wrote perfectly correct. Of course he overreacted in his usual shrill angry girly fashion, but one can expect no less from 25/DE. I have zero interest in being associated with the Pedo Express Band that is a subset of this site. I have my side fun, anonymously post about it on here, and life moves on. My cup overfloweth with other community and social obligations, many of which run very contrary to this type of activity.
rickdugan
3 years ago
But wall, I also agree with holding back certain details regarding dancer interactions. Nobody here could name a single dancer I've ever had serious fun with and I've lost track of the count. It's the decent thing to do.
rickdugan
3 years ago
^ I have come to the conclusion over a long period of time RickiBoi is most likely on the spectrum, my non professional opinion is PDD which is a developmental disorder where they get fixated on untruths and innuendos over and over, ad nauseam, it is generally characterized by people posting and attributing their own behavior to others, and their obvious lack of any humor is the tell that is when you would expect to find the disorder You should consider seeing a qualified psychologist or a professional that can help
twentyfive
3 years ago
===> "I have come to the conclusion over a long period of time RickiBoi is most likely on the spectrum..." Says the guy who recently argued with another troll that stripping is easy money and couldn't comprehend why girls might experience emotional and psychological challenges in doing it. Next he'll be quoting things like situational and emotional awareness like his Asperger's has ever allowed him to experience either. 😉
rickdugan
3 years ago
^ Goes to complete lack of a sense of humor, but thanks you completely proved my points
twentyfive
3 years ago
My reasons for reviewing have been posted by others. I post when: - my first time to a club or a club I only travel to once or thrice a year - every few months for my local regular clubs to confirm current state - if there’s been a notable change to dancer roster, prices, mileage or something else I think is important - I need vip weeks I also try to keep myself anonymous. I may sit on a review or change some details to protect the not so innocent. Nothing that would make the review unfair or inaccurate. Just something to give me plausible deniability should a dancer or other club employee suspect I am reviewing here.
Hank Moody
3 years ago
Initially, I wrote some reviews because some individuals encouraged me to. Now, it’s more to piss off Scrubby and Minny 😁
nicespice
3 years ago
^ As if the dry and slightly irritated tonal quality of your post came across as whimsical to anyone but you. 😉
rickdugan
3 years ago
Sorry - that was for 25/DE.
rickdugan
3 years ago
When I was heavily-SCing, I tended to write reviews of most of my visits even if that meant reviewing the same-club a couple of times a year; I feel each visit is unique onto itself and I feel I can usually relate something interesting about a particular visit even if I’ve reviewed the club b/f – having said this I generally avoided writing a review of the same club within a month (in part b/c liking variety I tend to have a club-rotation vs sticking to a particular club) - my review-frequency had nothing to do w/ VIP as I purchased a lifetime VIP when I first joined TUSCL b/f I ever wrote a review (actually my motivation for purchasing the lifetime VIP was b/c I originally just wanted club-info but was not interested in writing reviews – the lifetime VIP no longer exists AFAIK but was only $79 at the time I joined TUSCL on 01/2012). So my motivation for writing reviews kinda goes hand-in-hand w/ my motivation for strip-clubbing – I started burning-out on SCing around 2017 and as time passed the more burned-out I was on it and my reviews started to become less frequent.
Papi_Chulo
3 years ago
What @JimmyMcNulty said. I'm way ahead on VIP time. New club, haven't reviewed regular clubs in a while, changes at regular club.
Tetradon
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion