FAVORITE CHOCOLATES

Saturday, October 30, 2021 3:58 PM
noticed a thread about halloween treats so i got inspired to start one strictly on chocolate. maybe i'll notice some brands that i've never seen or heard of before. for the post part i like most of them, whether regular or dark. a couple that stand out for me are perugina and ghiardelli (raspberry squares) the one that i detest though is the chocolate round pieces that are wrapped up like gold coins - that's some nasty tasting shit!!!

17 comments

[view link] a Warren Buffett company.
shadowcat
3 years ago
Mmmmmmm. Ghiardelli raspberry squares. My very favorite.
ATACdawg
3 years ago
^ If you like chocolate raspberry squares, you should try the Joya Chocolate Covered Raspberry Rings it's a kosher brand but they are delicious
twentyfive
3 years ago
Jacques Torres makes the best I've ever had
Tetradon
3 years ago
I like really dark chocolate. Like with really high percentages of cocoa so its really bitter. Or dark chocolate and salted caramel. I like rich treats not overly sweet ones.
Icee Loco (asshole)
3 years ago
Godiva is great, I'd have to say it's my favorite. But I'm not enough of a dedicated chocolate lover to spend that much on a fucking box of candy. As for the relatively cheap stuff I love a Chunky bar. The raisins make it irresistible. An interesting aside to this conversation: Any old school Yankees fans will certainly remember the REGGIE! bar from the late 70's, produced in honor of Reggie Jackson after he famously hit three consecutive home runs in Game 6 of the 1977 World Series against the Dodgers. What most people don't know is the REGGIE! bar wasn't actually invented for Jackson, but was simply a little-known existing candy bar (the "Bun Bar") that was temporarily re-branded for marketing purposes. Nowadays it's still made by Pearson's Candy Company under the original name, Bun Bar. It comes in three flavors: Maple, Vanilla, and Caramel. The Caramel is what used to be the Reggie! bar. A few years ago I bought a whole box of them as a fun thing to take on a camping trip with a bunch of fellow Yankees fans. Before posting this, I tried to find anyplace where they are still available, but every seller I found said "out of stock" so I don't know if there are production delays after the Covid thing or it's been discontinued. [view link]
misterorange
3 years ago
John & Kiras (original every flavor box) - order online, makes a great Valentine's treat for your ATF.
SalaoLikeSantiago
3 years ago
By far my fave: [view link]
Papi_Chulo
3 years ago
[view link] Excellent chocolate
RockAllNight
3 years ago
Favorite I think so far is Askinosie. Toured their facility once in Springfield MO and realized how involved they were with sourcing and growing. Their different chocolate types were all amazing For a more “mainstream “ brand, favorite is Green&Black
nicespice
3 years ago
Ferrero Rocher chocolate candies; smooth chocolaty cream surrounding a whole hazelnut within a delicate, crisp wafer all enveloped in milk chocolate and finely chopped hazelnuts. 😋 Is only second to this caribian chocolate: [view link]
CJKent_band
3 years ago
Ferrero Rocher are definitely the best. I like all 3 of the chocolates they make the coconut, the dark chocolate ,and the hazelnut one.
Jazzyjazz01
3 years ago
There's a store in one of the malls here called Lolli and Pops. They use to have a thing that was a chocolate covered thing, with peanut butter and caramel in the middle, dusted with a bit of powdered sugar. They were fire. Fortunately, they don't carry them anymore.
georgmicrodong
3 years ago
^ This chocolate dusted with a bit of powdered sugar, or not, is already on Fire Hot Chocolate on Fire [view link]
CJKent_band
3 years ago
I guess I’m not much a connoisseur of fine chocolates. Some years back I knew a girl who had a small business making homemade chocolates. Her specialty was having molds made with a company logo or sports team and such and molding chocolates. She imported expensive high end chocolate from Switzerland and Belgium. Personally, I didn’t think it was that great. I guess I just like simple store bought Hershey bars.
motorhead
3 years ago
I'm not that big into sweets - when I was a kid my fave chocolate-bars were: 1) Hersheys bar 2) Twixx 3) Kit Kat 4) M&Ms These days I sometimes buy some dark-chocolate at the store not b/c I prefer dark-chocolate over milk-chocolate but b/c supposedly dark-chocolate has antioxidants (if it has 70%+ Cocoa AFAIK) - although I imagine the store-bought dark-chocolate I get is probably not that healthy/pure at some level(s) - I keep some in the fridge for the once-in-a-whle I feel like eating something sweet after eating something at home buy it's not something I eat-regularly.
Papi_Chulo
3 years ago
Lindt 70% cocoa for one you can pick up at the grocery store. I think one of the big boys owns them now though
magicrat
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion