OT: YOUTUBE DISLIKE BUTTON

Tuesday, November 16, 2021 2:50 PM
i'm not the type who hits like/dislike after watching a clip. i just watch and then move on. but what i have noticed within the last couple of days it seems like every time i watch any clip the amount of dislikes is not being posted. the number of thumbs up still appears but the other just nothing. so is this some sort of way youtube is removing any signs of disapproval, regardless of what type of content is in a clip. that's kind of fucked up no?

9 comments

I have begun liking and subscribing, recently. There is so much crap out there that I feel it important to help recognize and promote the channels I like. These algorithms can be brutal.
gammanu95
3 years ago
Stifling viewpoints that go against their own is exactly what YouTube is doing. If there's one thing the radical left does well it's presenting wildly UN-popular views or opinions, and then making it seem as if a majority of people support them. Yahoo is doing the same thing. This "temporary" message has been at the bottom of every news article they post for almost two years already: "Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting." How exactly does one create an "engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions" when the users are prevented from commenting? That makes about as much sense as a supermarket saying "Our goal is to create a better shopping experience for our customers, so we'll be keeping our doors locked." The Yahoo comments and like/dislike counters were almost always weighted heavily toward right-leaning viewpoints, and often sarcastically pointed out the hypocrisy of the left, so they just got rid of them.
misterorange
3 years ago
I've noticed my Youtube search results have become biased to legacy media. Now my searches only return videos from legacy media and no independent videographers or smaller news outlets. It's almost useless now.
yahtzee74
3 years ago
case in point: [view link] this clip is a Q&A with one of my all-time guitar faves. it would appear to be an innocuous video. there are no political statements sprinkled anywhere, no negative speak that i observed, and son forth. the last time i viewed this clip was several months back. there were a number of thumbs down. how many i do not know but they were there. were the thumbs down clicked on by people who think this guy is a eddie van halen wanna be? who knows. were those clicks done by people who abhor anything 80's glam? once again who knows. regardless of who those people are, they have every right to indicate their disapproval, even though their viewpoints may be opposed to those who support demartini. it would be very hard perhaps to remove negative commments in the comments section of a clip. but then again, would youtube remove the comments using some kind of system that can detect negative words like sucks, overrated, wannabe, shit, etc. is that where all this is headed?
rattdog
3 years ago
YouTube and other social media have a personal agenda and are not trustworthy to be unbiased purveyors of info - they show you what *they* want you to see and in the way they want you to see it.
Papi_Chulo
3 years ago
“To the supermarket analogy, you'd lock your doors if 85% of the customers jerked off on the floor “ I thought everyone masturbated in the produce section [view link]
motorhead
3 years ago
“To the supermarket analogy, you'd lock your doors if 85% of the customers jerked off on the floor “ Any reasonable supermarket would stay open and put up a sign reading “FREE MAYONNAISE” You’re welcome.
DoctorPhil.
3 years ago
Anyone who goes to YouTube (or Facebook or Instagram or any social media) to get news is as naive as they come. Anyone posting “newsy” articles on social media has an agenda or an ax to grind, and they mostly will bend the truth to grind it. But they sure are funny sometimes (Borax bath to unvaccinated yourself and not as a joke) hilarious, right up there with drink bleach to cure COVID.
3 years ago
I want Instagram to add a dislike button
JamesSD
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion