Shortened lap dance due to club rules

Saturday, March 5, 2022 4:58 PM
Last night I went to do a lap dance with a girl. The hour and a half that I was in the club I was the only customer to ask a girl to do so. When we got back to the lap dance area it was already over a minute and a half into the song so I asked her if we could wait until the next song to start. She told me the management there says you can't be in the lap dance area unless you are doing a lap dance so I reluctantly went along and did a shortened lap dance with her. I would say over the years ninety per cent of girls I've done lap dances with would be fine with waiting until a song starts and most of them seem aware that guys want a lap dance that lasts the length of a complete song and are happy to comply. About ten per cent of the time, though, something like last night happens. The management in these situations seems oblivious this might lead to unhappy customers and loss of business and don't set up something to avoid this happening. How often does this happen to you, how do you handle it when it does and what kind of system should a club set up to deal with a customer and a girl getting to the lap dance area in the middle of a song?

16 comments

What club is this, and if that’s the rule I’ll never get lapdances there.
twentyfive
2 years ago
In all honesty, I don't believe the girl. Of course, it's not totally unbelievable -- the stupidity of strip club management should never be underestimated. But even a strip club manager should know that if a guy pays $30 (or whatever) for a song, he'll feel ripped off if he goes in and gets half a song. In my experience, it is ALWAYS the particular stripper making this choice, she's a hustler and she either stops and the song's end, or she claims "we're halfway through this song so we'll go to halfway through next song" but her judgement of where halfway through the next song is is very short. Could you have said "okay then, let's walk back out and come in again when the next song starts"?
Subraman
2 years ago
It's highly likely that she was lying right to your face. I would have not gotten that dance.
Call.Me.Ishmael
2 years ago
There are some clubs where bouncers might be assholes about wanting to collect the dance cuts twice for going to the lapdance area midway between a song. 🙄The solution there is to hover at the entrance and rush over as the song is in its last five seconds. Thankfully that is not the case at most clubs with bouncers. I agree with the previous comments here that it sounds like the dancer is probably full of it
nicespice
2 years ago
Well now you know why nobody was getting dances from her all night.
shailynn
2 years ago
She got paid the same for less work. In her mind this was probably a net win, probably didn't want to be dancing in the first place.
RandomName111
2 years ago
At some clubs, most of the dancers will not be willing to wait for a new song. Sometimes it's a sign that all or most of the dancers are extras dancers. We PLs are who are up in TUSCL discussions are generally legit sexual degenerates, and we often forget that not all PLs are like us. There's lots of scene boys, who go to strip clubs because rappers or sports stars have made it the in thing to do. They don't care if they're wasting money. It's a big part of why they are there, to flaunt wasting money. The more a club is targeting the scene boy money, the less us legit degenerates are going to like it there. Generally, in any club, there is at least one dancer who won't wait for the next song. People who hate (among many, many other things) the opposite sex gravitate towards strip clubs, either as dancers or customers. A dancer like this would rather only get $40 of your money if she can make you feel like you got ripped off, rather then $400 of you money that you were happy to give her. And, of course, paying by the song only makes sense if you have shit for brains. Aside from wasting valuable dancer time waiting for a new song, songs can last anywhere from 2 and 1/2 minutes to 5+ minutes. You should pay by the minute, with a timer provided at each seat in the lap dance area. We pay by the song because strip club owners are almost always dumbasses. Why? because they are accustomed for being stigmatized for being dumbasses. So, they barely notice it when they are also stigmatized for working at a strip club.
ilbbaicnl
2 years ago
@docsavage I will play along and comment on your discussion. You should know, in advance, when negotiating with the dancers when the DJ says it is a new song, or pay attention to when the dance starts, before getting in the dance area. In this particular case, since you were walking into the area, mid-dong, you should have told her, not asked her, to wait for the start of a new song. And when she she said “you can't be in the lap dance area unless you are doing a lap dance”, you should have said, “let’s then wait for the new song outside the lap dance area”. “You teach people how to treat you.” Use positive reinforcement, reward appropriate behavior, and walk away when their behavior is not appropriate.
CJKent_band
2 years ago
Nothing wrong with handing money to women, but buying dances is a chump's game. SJG 70s Electric Miles Davis Mix (Jazz, Jazz Funk, Jazz Rock, Fusion..) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBTQzsxfPBw
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Yeah - I assume she wanted to get you for one extra-song - I can see the club not wanting people to hang-out in the lap-dance-area which I think is a good thing, but common sense says that dancers and custies usually wait for a new song to start; i.e. there’s a difference b/w hanging-out in the LD area and waiting for a new song to start - could be the club is super-anal about not even waiting for a new song to start but that doesn't make sense; either she's taking the rule "too literally" or she was just trying to hustle an extra-dance (I assume the latter). It's rare that I get dances halfway thru a song especially if they are $20+; and I don't do the "I'll go into part of the next song" dancer BS either - we either start at the beginning of the song or we're not getting dances and I just get up and walk out if she insists b/c I take it as her being greedy and trying to pull one over on me.
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
@CJKent "In this particular case, since you were walking into the area, mid-dong," ... Freud says "very interesting... please explain further"
CandymanOfProvidence
2 years ago
"She got paid the same for less work. In her mind this was probably a net win, probably didn't want to be dancing in the first place." Agree that there's a certain mindset at work here. For some strippers, it seems like getting over a customer gives a needed self-esteem boost, that is obviously worth it to her. If it's a busy Saturday night and she'll be busy all night with customers anyway, maybe she doesn't care. I've always said that strip club hustle culture in general is like this, though. Why do so many clubs cut the songs short when offering 2-for-1 dances? are they really banking so much more by robbing us of those 45 seconds? Is it really so terrible that for one moment, the customer felt like they actually got a decent deal? Cutting 2-for-1s short by 45s doesn't do shit for club coffers, it's just something managers can't resist doing, because they feel like the customer needs to be hustled at all times.
Subraman
2 years ago
"Agree that there's a certain mindset at work here. For some strippers, it seems like getting over a customer gives a needed self-esteem boost, that is obviously worth it to her. If it's a busy Saturday night and she'll be busy all night with customers anyway, maybe she doesn't care." It wasn't busy. I had been there an hour and a half and neither she nor any other dancer in the club had sold a single lap dance the whole time I was there. I do think I agree her mindset was, as you and some of the other commenters here have mentioned, an attempt to pull one over on me and it gave her pleasure thinking she had done that. I had planned to do more than one lap dance but cut her off after one dance because of the way she acted so she actually lost money. This is the closest club to me. I've had regulars here in the past I've spent thousands of dollars on. They always treated me fairly, so I always picked them for lap dances. The honest dancers in a club actually benefit from a girl like this because she makes them look good by comparison. I won't have her as a regular. If this is a situation where she is planning to quit, she's not losing out on anything but if she is planning on staying then she needs to treat the customers fairly because Indianapolis is not a tourist destination and this is a club that depends on repeat business from locals. There seems to be a recent increase in this club and other local clubs of girls who don't grasp that.
docsavage
2 years ago
I agree with waiting right outside the dance area. This is a situation where clubs that have dance timer machines have an advantage.
lapdanceking82
2 years ago
I've noticed shorter songs in most places. Guess that's why girls have 3 sets on stage at a lot of places now
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
This sounds like shrinkflation. Like when you go to the grocery store and the half gallon of orange juice is 50 oz now and the price is still the same. Or your favorite snack bars are 5 ounces each instead of 7 ounces and say they are now reduced calories, or reduced sugar.
crazyjoe
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion