hiring strippers who look like fashion models

Monday, April 4, 2022 12:48 AM
I was reading a review of a book on nightclubs that target rich men and spotted the following: "At a top club, a promoter might get paid $1000 a night to bring out a dozen models or women who look like models. Notably, model-like beauty is much more highly-prized than conventional beauty - e.g. the clubs don’t allow access to women who aren’t unusually tall. Everyone selects for models even when they don’t personally find the model look as attractive, because the fashion industry has established this as the Schelling look for high-status women." [view link] I've noticed over the years that top level strip clubs often do this too. Do you think this is a good idea or are strip clubs making a mistake when they do this?

13 comments

I remember going to the place Howard Stern used to promote when he was on FM radio. Although not fashion model types, they all appeared to be from the same cookie cutter and seemed strange to me. I imagine going to a place full of fashion model types would I would be googly eyed at first then it would wear off shortly. I prefer having variety.
CandymanOfProvidence
2 years ago
While it is nice to have some traditional model types available at a club I think it would be a mistake for a club to only hire those types of girls. Everyone has a different type of girl that they are attracted to and if the only option available is the tall slender model style that would turn a lot of guys away. For instance, I think PapiChulo would be sadly disappointed if he went into a club and all of the girls were 6 feet tall and weighed 100 lbs with small breasts and a small ass.
whodey
2 years ago
Yeah who would want a dance from her, she's got a gap in her front teeth, not model material. https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=4644
ilbbaicnl
2 years ago
Bourbon Street in Phoenix seems to favor the tall thin body type, or at least those that appear that way. They still have girls of different body types as well but most of them have the tall thin appearance. I say that they appear tall and thin in stripper shoes. Some, when they take off the shoes, are not so tall but still thin body type.
mike710
2 years ago
I prefer thin with bedroom eyes (yes, I fuck the face). Variety in height/tits/butt/race is fine, but there's no cottage cheese cellulite in my SC fantasy world. I'll pay more for the ringers. DG
psycho_trick
2 years ago
I go more towards the alt model types rather than fashion / runway model sort. But that's just me. I think that smart clubs have a range of dancers to appeal to a range of tastes.
Call.Me.Ishmael
2 years ago
Everyone wants to go to the 7+ factory. Now, what rates a 7 or better varies to the individual. As a society, we have made the determination that the tall, thin, leggy look is preferred. Before we address the outliers like Papi Chulo modes and Ishmael's alt models, think of the Oscars. You have a couple of fatties for diversity, but most leading ladies (the highest-paid box office draws) look like Cherlize Theron, Scarlett Johannson, Naomi Harris, or Ana de Armas. The general demographic of the US strip club clientele wants to see girls like that naked. Furthermore, it is much more difficult to see these women naked irl outside of the strip club. But in the SC, they come to you, hopefully that work to pretend to seduce you, and you get to see them naked and hope for mileage and extras. That is what drives traffic in a SC. After that, you need diversity like PCMs and inked angels to fill out your roster. In short, it is a good idea/smart business model to staff the club with mostly these beauties. If you can run a prosperous club with only these beauties, then more power to you. The mistake is clubs full of narrow(er) interest girls. These clubs do notably, demonstrably, observably less business.
gammanu95
2 years ago
I don't want strippers who look like fashion models (very tall and thin). I want Playboy models.
jackslash
2 years ago
I think in the real world, clubs are so desperate to find dancers to work, that they will "hire" just about anyone to work. Quality has sucked since Covid.
shadowcat
2 years ago
The clubs dont even pay strippers any salary or any money or benefits... arent strippers actually paying like $50 or some fee each night they work...? Ive seen some very gross and ugly strippers before and assumed the club would just hire anyone willing to pay the fee?
rickmacrodong
2 years ago
@Gammanu95 the majority is based on the demographic. Starlets thrives because it's in an urban community where man men prefer big booty judies. Thin white women thrive in white majority areas. Imagine Fulton st in Brooklyn having majority White spinners? They'll flop so fast and the few black and Hispanic big butts women will make all the dough because a goofball manager tried to force the community to change their preferences. But at least the night club will thrive. It's not about the country's preference. It's about the community's preferences. Do people even watch the Oscar's anymore?
Estafador
2 years ago
That does look like an interesting book. https://www.amazon.com/Very-Important-People-Status-Circuit-ebook/dp/B0824B49LS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3ING4XOAAFA3L&keywords=Very+Important+People&qid=1649198332&sprefix=very+important+people%2Caps%2C571&sr=8-1 We need to set up venues using the Membership CLub / Private Party model to replace retain strip clubs. Then we could have places as good as TJ. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Strip club management cares about money. At this point they'll hire anyone to get that house fee. As far as business models that try to please everyone go. You'll end up pleasing no one
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion