OT: SONGS BY NEWER BANDS OLDER ONES NEVER WROTE

Monday, April 4, 2022 1:38 PM
once i read that in the still of the night is the best led zeppelin song that wasn't written by led zeppelin. pretty weird that jimmy page would actually play that song live while on tour with whitesnake's david coverdale during the early 90's. anyway i soon realized that this is a tough one to come up with a lot of examples. no covers to refer to. i can only think of two others: clean my wounds by corrosion of conformity - thin lizzy you get what you give by the new radicals - todd rundgren

6 comments

I am not sure if I get this thread, but Greta Van Fleet sounds just like Led Zeppelin... If Led Zeppelin sucked.
datinman
2 years ago
Together Pangea - What It's Like How is this not a 1966 Beatles song. [view link]
datinman
2 years ago
^you more than got the gist of what i was going for. greta van fleet - yeah i doubt any songs written by them would have anyone from zep saying yeah man i wish i wrote that. then again you never know. i read that robert plant actually likes listening to those guys. that beatles sounding one probably would be something that john or george would have written and sung. even has the my sweet lord riff in there.
rattdog
2 years ago
Georgia Satellites “Keep your hands to yourself” and “Battleship Chains” are 2 of the best Rolling Stones song they never played.
Studme53
2 years ago
Johnny Winter would have slayed just about any ZZ Top song.
anothercraig
2 years ago
When “My Sharona” by The Knack first got radio play it exploded and many personal people thought the Beatles secretly recorded it. But I’m not sure I’m playing the game right
motorhead
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion