When do you give up on a strip club?

Tuesday, December 13, 2022 4:54 PM
I just want a lap dance from a normal sized female in her twenties or early thirties, but that goal is becoming harder to meet. Local clubs have been slowly declining for years and in some of them I have made several trips in a row without finding anyone. When do you just give up on a particular strip club and stop going?

31 comments

When I find another one to take its place.
Mate27
a year ago
There have been a number of strip clubs I've told myself I was giving up on due to poor talent or poor service. The truth is, the change and turnover in this industry is so fast that there have been several clubs where I dropped in six months to a year after swearing them off and been very pleasantly surprised. Rather than giving up, I now put them in a mental penalty box for a year or so. Then, I go back for a reconaissance mission to see if has improved.
RockAllNight
a year ago
If I find myself questioning why I’m in a club for any reason, it’s probably time to move on, either from that particular club or by taking a break from clubbing if my questioning is not club specific. As to anything in the category of spending discretionary money and/or spending discretionary time, I look at it from the perspective of opportunity cost. If I’m in questioning mode, I ask myself if I’d rather p4p differently, buy a new shotgun, just keep the money and get stuff done around the house. If any of those options are appealing to me, it probably means I move on. Assuming I want the p4p thrill but a particular club isn’t appealing to me, My default is to get a sensual massage from a naked hottie. I’ve had some fun and can more objectively decide what I think of that club without being of a needy mindset. At that point, I almost always realize that it’s time to leave that club behind.
Huntsman
a year ago
I'd keep an eye on reviews, and/or go in every 3 to 6 months. Always lots of dancer turnover, may be for the better. Clubs that suck, if they're not money laundering, may have management turnover for the better. (Either that or close.) Even if a club only has one (reliable) dancer that I like, I'll go regularly, just drop $500+ on her.
ilbbaicnl
a year ago
@ilbbaicnl You wrote and I quote: “Even if a club only has one (reliable) dancer that I like, I'll go regularly, just drop $500+ on her.” Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen. :D
CJKent_band
a year ago
I go without expectations now a days and just treat them like regular bars. The girls are a lot worse quality. I stop going when I don't have a good time.
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
“I stop going when I don't have a good time.” This ^
Hank Moody
a year ago
cost is a factor too.
Jascoi
a year ago
If I go a few times and don't like what I see, then I try a different club for while. But I will occasionally return to that other club, because clubs and dancers at clubs go through cycles. So, there's not definable trigger event. And I'm always willing to revisit a club. So, technically, I almost never give up on a club.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
===> “I stop going when I don't have a good time.” +1. That's not to say I won't pop in from time to time to see if anything has improved, but I'm not inclined to spin my wheels in an entertainment venue that I no longer find entertaining. The worst example I can remember around here is a club that closed down a few years ago, Paradise Gentlemen's Club. The sad part is that it had every advantage possible. It had a good location right near a highway entrance; it was the closest club to an affluent suburb of Jacksonville and the area was seeing so much population growth even back then that other clubs were actually opening. It just had an absolutely shitty ownership group, none of whom had ever owned a club before and collectively could never get their act together. I very much wanted the club to succeed for convenience reasons, but it wasn't meant to be.
rickdugan
a year ago
What rick said. A couple of clubs here went downhill in different ways. Blue Diamond jacked their prices way up and dropped their service way down. Fantasy's Island went out of business because the owner just didn't know how to manage a club. Among other things, they refused fix the various structural problems with the building. The roof leaked, and the floor sometimes felt like it would collapse under your feet. I still go into BD every two or three months to see what's up, and did at FI while it was still open. Seldom more than a 10 minute stay though.
georgmicrodong
a year ago
Same as the last few responses, more or less. There's a direct relationship between how much fun I've had a club in recent visits to how likely I am to go back soon. I rarely completely give up on a club for being shitty though, I still stop in the worst clubs every year or two, for a few minutes at least. I do stop going to clubs that simply don't suit my style though. There's a couple of clubs that are either too snooty and pretentious or too dirty and classless for me. They could still be successful places, not bad per se, but not my style. But if I'm going to a club, obviously the place I've had good times at recently is much more likely to be my destination than the place that's been a waste of time.
Dolfan
a year ago
I've talked about giving up on several clubs because of how bad things have been for years but I still drop in every once in awhile hoping for an improvement. 99% of the time there's no improvement but because of limited options and being a diehard I will try again another time.
TheeOSU
a year ago
If I don't see nothing I'm head over heels for, I'm out. I will not waste money just because, fold and live to fight another day. Too many options not enough money on my end to conduct myself otherwise.
Muddy
a year ago
This seems like a simple question, but it depends on why a club dropped off. This is independent of my total clubbing coming and going in cycles. If I'm just not seeing dancers I like, I'll give it a few months to turn over. If subsequent visits don't get any better, I'll go longer and longer between visits until it completely drops off my rotation. Fantasies in Providence is like this--it dropped from once a month to once every 3 months to once every 6 months to once in the last 10 years. If they increase prices but service stays the same, I'll visit fewer and farther between. I'd rather pay $600 half as often for a great experience than $300 just as often for a mediocre one. If the service takes a hit, I'll drop off until I hear reports that it's changed back. This was a lot of clubs during COVID. Also happens when clubs change management. Or in small clubs when one regular dancer made the place and her absence broke it--this happened at Mickey's in Cumberland; Cali there was one hot, personable chick in a sea of sub-5's.
Tetradon
a year ago
I mean when you say you don't find anyone like what do you mean? Are you seeing them in the club, but for some reason not getting dances or interacting at all with these girls? Or you meant that often times you come in and see a club full of nos?
blahblahblah23
a year ago
@blah, could mean I didn't see anyone who excited me enough for dances (or at Desire, they're locked up with regulars for hours), or I've gotten subpar dances from them in the past.
Tetradon
a year ago
Is there a reason things changed? Management, local laws, etc? If you have options you can try different clubs, days and shifts. I think there's a website that has reviews of clubs. Sometimes clubs cycle. The customers leave so the girls leave so the club sucks. Then a new manager comes in and lures in girls and PLs and the club rebuilds. It's ok to put a club on break for a few months.
JamesSD
a year ago
@James, could be any of the above. But I'm not going to keep testing out the same club in the hopes that things got better. I'll wait for positive reviews here.
Tetradon
a year ago
I don't like to give up easy. When Allure was Babes it was my favorite. I met some CFs there. I had a lot of memorable times. It wasn't pretentious like Scarletts/Vixens snd it wasn't too ghetto/ urban like Lookers. My first visit back after it emerged from COVId lockdowns as Allures was a train wreck. The dancers weren't only train wrecks, it hurt to look at them. The ones that weren't fat and ugly were straight ugly. Then they were hit and miss for a while, but my last several trips there were no dancers and shit bar staff. I guess you give up on a club when it drops from being your first choice to your last, and then from your last choice to a less attractive option than just saying "fuck it" and going home. .
gammanu95
a year ago
No silver-bullet per-se – there are multiple variables such as: + how many club-options are there in one’s metro-area (some areas don’t have a lot of options so one is kind locked into a “beggars can’t be choosers” dilemma) + a PL’s “clubbing style” – is the PL the type to enjoy hitting different clubs for variety; or is the PL the type to like finding a club they like and sticking to it + etc I think many of us form an “attachment” to certain clubs given the good-times we had in them over-the-years – the club then starts changing (for the worse) and it can often takes us some time to finally accept it’s no longer the club is used to be – at first when the club starts changing one can think “it was just an off day” or “maybe I just wasn’t feeling that day” etc – but if the bad/meh visits start outweighing the good-visits then it’s likely the club is trending in a bad-direction vs it being “an off day” or “we just weren’t feeling it that day” etc. Along the lines of what has been posted already: 1) go w/ “no expectations” and have a backup plan – that backup plan can be planning on hitting another club if the club is not doing-it for you; or just calling a night vs staying there for 3-hours hoping it’ll get better 2) as others have mentioned – clubs can often turnover – not only w.r.t. dancers; but also management – sometimes a shitty-manager can drive away dancers and single-handedly fuck-up-a-club 3) trying different shifts – again not only different dancers and a possibly different vibe – but also different managers dancers may prefer (there are cases where dancers won’t work certain shifts when a particular-manager in on duty) As I’ve often posted; I’m a variety-PL thus I like having multiple-clubs in a rotation – there is usually a club(s) in-my-rotation that I like/hit more than others; but I like to jump around to different clubs in the rotation – sometimes I may add or take out a club from the rotation; in the case I take a club out of the rotation I’ll usually poke my head into that cub every 3 or 4 months just to see how it’s doing but when I do I go w/ low-expectations and a backup plan of hitting another club or just bailing if the club is still not to my liking. One should also consider taking some trips to clubs in other areas/cities if one has that flexibility (but of course this is not as practical as clubbing locally).
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
There are so many reasons. I'm permanently off RIDolls because the raised their lap dance price to $30. It wasn't worth the former $25 price, considering the talent and the competition. I'm off Boardroom for now because the manager was an asshole to me. I'll probably end up going back because there are quite a number of girls there I've been friendly with for years, but I'm too pissed off right now to think about going back. Every now and then I try out 229 Centerfolds and Lamplighter II because I occasionally find a hot new girl who does a more than enthusiastic LD. Maybe once every couple months. I check in on Mickey's fairly regularly in case I find a relatively hot new girl, and the LD value is off the chart. Mostly, though, Mickey's is the last stop for dancers on the stripper highway of life. I haven't been to Desire's forever, because none of the girls really want to do lap dances -- they're geared for the 15 minute private dance. So the $35 price is too high both because of mileage and general lack of enthusiasm. etc. etc.
loper
a year ago
If there’s no dancers I want to see there, and if they aren’t getting new talent. I may go every few months if they have new dancers. If they’re posting new dancer names, I would call before going to confirm they’re there, so I don’t waste time seeing the same old dancers. Loper, $30 a dance sounds fair enough? About $90 for 10 minutes?
rickmacrodong
a year ago
When I find something better to do.
bang69
a year ago
The hunt can be part of the fun. When a club disappoints me, I’ll still stop by every few months to see if anything has changed. Eventually, you’ll discover a hot dancer to put a smile on your face.
mark94
a year ago
There was one club I quit going to because they changed business models. It went from paying a cover to enter, which was fairly cheap, to paying for an annual membership. I believe this was done so they could legally allow alcohol consumption. However, it led to a major downgrade of dancer quality because the good looking dancers didn't want to deal with a bunch of drunks. Then COVID happened and it closed down.
DandyDan
a year ago
I’ll give up on a club when it stops being fun based upon firsthand experience, OR when the reviews indicate the place isn’t worth the time. For example, Delilah’s in Toms River used to be a reliable source of fun. You could always find a solid 7/8 in there, even on the day shift. All the reviews of the place (I’ve gone once post-Covid) indicate that’s all changed, that the place is even more run down than usual, that the girls are of lower and lower quality, and that the manager seems to be running the place for the amusement of his buddies. They can’t even be bothered posting a lineup on their Instagram any longer, instead just repeating the same pictures of random women.
uniquename
a year ago
Unfortunately, in my experience, the best you can say about the accuracy of information in reviews is "better than nothing". I've often found clubs to be better than I'd expected based on the reviews (so I write a more positive one).
ilbbaicnl
a year ago
When the ROI is not worth it.
shadowcat
a year ago
It's usually one of three things. 1. Dancer quality has taken a big hit. 2. Prices have gone way up. 3. The number of dancers has declined. The one thing that is usually the root case is management style and club vibe has changed, which often affects the above three.
rl27
a year ago
1) Moving to another city, obviously 2) Decline in talent 3) Really bad service
dr_lee
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion