David Crosby, legendary Crosby, Stills & Nash and Byrds founder, dead at 81

Friday, January 20, 2023 12:08 AM

12 comments

Bummer. But he got to wear out at least 2 livers, having the rock and roll life.
gSteph
a year ago
not for everyone's tastes... [view link] rip david
TheeOSU
a year ago
i wonder if he's jamming with eddie van halen right now. most likely not as eddie probably wouldn't give him the time of day.
rattdog
a year ago
All those Boomer musical idols are going to start passing away one right after the other. Strippers would only be vaguely aware who any of those people are just as my Boomer generation only vaguely knew who someone like Benny Goodman was. For strippers, this was music their grandparents listened to. When asked once, I told a stripper one time my favorite band was the Beatles. She asked if any of them were still alive and seemed surprised when I said two were.
docsavage
a year ago
I generally don’t speak ill of the dead, but Crosby was a sanctimonious prick. Or, as londonguy might say, a bit if a wanker He didn’t think Eddie Van Halen’s guitar skills were anything special. He hated Jim Morrison and The Doors. None of his former band mates - Graham Nash, Stephen Stills, and Neil Young will talk to him. And Nash is just about the nicest guy out there I can celebrate him as a musician and 2-time Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, but as a human being he’s a POS
motorhead
a year ago
I'd have a higher opinion of him if not for his blind liberal hatred and hypocrisy.
gammanu95
a year ago
RIP yeah those harmonies were great. Two songs I'm a fan of that involve David Crosby were The Byrds turn turn turn and Southern Cross by CSN. BTW every butcher I go to looks like David Crosby for some reason.
Muddy
a year ago
It's almost inexplicable how he managed to live to 81. Keith Richards still marches on against the odds...
crosscheck
a year ago
Southern Cross was written by Stephen Stills who also sang lead on it. I've read a couple other comments online that mention Croz and that song.
magicrat
a year ago
I don’t really know much about his music. Didn’t know enough about him to have an opinion as to if he was ok or a bit of a wanker. His passing got a lot of airtime on our news channels.
londonguy
a year ago
The harmonies of CSN were pretty amazing. They had some great songs. I’m sorry to hear of his passing. RIP.
Cashman1234
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion