Two drink minimum at PT's

Saturday, January 21, 2023 9:04 PM
I went to a local strip club this afternoon, PT's in Indianapolis. While I was walking in the manager said, "just so you know, there is a two-drink minimum". A number of local clubs require a drink purchase, but I had never run into a two-drink minimum here in Indianapolis. I said that to him, and he then told me he had worked in strip clubs across the country and that's the rule in every strip club in the country. Is that true, in every strip club in the country outside Indianapolis you have to buy at least two drinks?

27 comments

Certainly not every strip club in the country. Perhaps only in every club where he worked (perhaps because he implemented it at all the clubs where he worked, to help pad his pockets).
funonthaside
a year ago
No not everyone but a lot do have that rule. If your not paying it up front, it's not strictly enforced in most places.
Muddy
a year ago
Agree with Muddy. At least in NJ it seems like most clubs don't have a drink minimum. And most that do only enforce the minimum during certain times.
Rdog001
a year ago
Before they got bought out by Ricks last year, the PTs clubs in the Denver area did not have a drink minimum.
BaggerRider
a year ago
A 2 drink minimum is very common. A lot of place enforce it more now a days
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
How does the two-drink minimum work? Do you pay for both drinks when you come in and the waitress brings them to you? If you don't, how does the waitress mentally keep track in a club filled with customers which ones have bought only one drink and need to buy another one and which ones have bought two? Consistency is important to me. I don't like it when I go in this club and am told I don't need to buy a drink and then the next time I go in the same club a waitress or manager barks at me that I need to buy two drinks and glares at me like I'm trying to cheat them by sitting there with no drink. I don't like it when I go in this club and a dancer sells me a lap dance for $25 and then the next time I go in this club and ask a dancer for a lap dance I discover hers cost twice as much. I don't like it when I go in this club and they say there is no entrance fee because I have a military identification and then the next time I go in the club they say it's ten dollars to get in when I show my identification. I don't like it when I visit this club one afternoon and it's open and then the next afternoon I go visit it's closed. I don't like it when they say they won't charge me to get in because there are no dancers in the club and then the next time I go there they charge me full price and then I discover there are no dancers in the club after I get inside.
docsavage
a year ago
"Is that true, in every strip club in the country outside Indianapolis you have to buy at least two drinks?" No. That's bullshit but funny that some guy would try and speak for the whole country. Tell that guy a random customer told him he's full of it lol. "If you don't, how does the waitress mentally keep track in a club filled with customers which ones have bought only one drink and need to buy another one and which ones have bought two?" A lot of clubs that claim that don't really enforce it. Some will try and have the waitresses do it, but if you give her a decent tip on the first drink she'll let it go unless the manager is really on the staff about it. My local clubs don't do this, so I'm only dealing with it when I travel. The funniest drink rule I ran into was this club in New Jersey that made you buy a drink and all they had was water. Most of the time if I'm not sure I'm sticking around I'll have the bartender pour a double shot to get the two drink bs out of the way. Or I'll get two cheap beers and leave them sitting there.
wallanon
a year ago
They're pretty good at keeping tabs on who bought drinks. Especially if uts a smaller club. Otherwise they have you buy tokens. Some will walk you to the bar. In many waitresses will hound you kf you don't have a drink in front of you
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
The only time I've ever encountered a 2-drink minimum (or any drink minimum for that matter) was in Vegas. I've never once been told in Indy that I needed to buy a drink. Then again, when I go into a club in Indy, I pretty much NEED a drink, so it's the first thing I do. Also, I remember when PT's was a good club. It's been a while since I've been there, and the last time I visited, I can say the place truly sucked.
tdn77
a year ago
It's fairly common but by no means universal among strip clubs. Also, a lot of the clubs that do post a 2 drink minimum don't really enforce it. Basically it just gives the club a way to kick out people that come in and don't spend anything.
whodey
a year ago
"Is that true, in every strip club in the country outside Indianapolis you have to buy at least two drinks?" Every strip club in the country? Absolutely not. Not saying the policy doesn't exist in some clubs; I've actually seen signs saying that. As others have said, it's not universally enforced. I've been to probably 300 different strip clubs all over North America, and I can think of only one or two where I was *told* they had a two-drink minimum. Now, it may have been the case that a lot of clubs I was in actually *had* that policy, but I've never seen it enforced -- even in the one or two where I was told about the policy. Maybe it's only enforced when PLs just sit and watch and otherwise don't spend any money. My drink of choice is bottled water, which I nurse for quite a while, but I am always interacting with the girls -- and usually stage-tipping, getting dances, or doing VIPs. As they say, a rolling stone gathers no moss.
EastCoaster
a year ago
Total bullshit. At a guess, he's getting a kickback for every drink sold and set that rule for his own benefit. For comparison, the PT's in Louisville is *also* owned by the Rick's chain, and nobody has ever made any fuss about me buying only one bottle of water. So he's blowing smoke up your ass.
georgmicrodong
a year ago
What the manager meant was, "I can lie to you, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it." Let us know if he runs for Congress next year.
From978
a year ago
Not much to add, most of the comments covered what I'd say. I'll just add that I can say without reservation that I've been to many of the clubs in south Florida, bought one drink, didn't like what was there, and left without buying a second. I can't recall ever being told there is a two drink minimum, although I have on a few occasions heard managers say something to guys sitting around not ordering drinks or tipping or anything. My MO is always to go in, sit down, order a drink. So I can't ever see this impacting me. If a club did insist I paid for a second drink before leaving, I'd likely laugh in their faces. If I'm leaving without a second drink, it's cause it sucks in there. If I'm buying dances and tipping on stage and shit and someone told me there was a drink minimum, I'd be fucking shocked.
Dolfan
a year ago
No drink minimums in any of the clubs I go to around here.
Subraman
a year ago
Those of you acting like drink minimums don't exist coz you personally haven't encountered them or been made aware of them come across like 🤡 with your adamence
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
Last time at Desire, I wasn't drinking much, and after turning away the roving bartender a few times, she told me there was a 2 drink minimum. I told her I just got out of the VIP, and wasn't asked again. They just want to make sure you're dropping money.
Tetradon
a year ago
Only two times I’ve had that. One time the manager walked up to me after I had been there all of 20 minutes and I saw an empty glass. “What are we drinking bud?” Diet Coke. Charged me another $5. $11 for 16 ounces of soda in 20 minutes lol. The other time I got the “free lunch” that precluded the two drink minimum and tip, so it technically costed $15 for the “free lunch”. It was an ok deal, just funny how it’s advertised as free lol. They get you one way or another, but after all they are in the money making business
Specialj
a year ago
I think a lot of times the intent is to buy yourself a drink and one for a dancer. I've also seen the 2 drink minimum more enforced at clubs without alcohol. I prefer the setup where the cover is basically the price for drinks and you get tokens or drinks right away when you enter. Usually I just get a drink and have the waitress bring whatever girl is on stage a bottle of water. It's not a big deal
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
If I don't feel like drinking and there is a minimum I just double my tip to the bartender and am left alone. The rule applies to those who don't spend and is merely used as an excuse to get rid of the chafe.
skibum609
a year ago
I have never heard of a two drink minimum in any bar, strip club or otherwise. Some clubs do enforce a rule mandating you have a drink in hand, but that's not universal.
DandyDan
a year ago
I’ve only experienced a two drink minimum a few times. It’s only in clubs that are struggling. It’s a good sign that you won’t be treated well.
mark94
a year ago
The “2 drink minimum” thing is all over-the-place w.r.t. SCs – some don’t have it – some have it but don’t enforce it and most-custies are unaware it exists in that club – some clubs charge a higher cover-charge but give the custy a ticket for a free-drink or two (as a way to get the custy to indirectly pay for 2-drinks) – some clubs have a 2-for-1 (vs half-priced-drinks) where you pay full-price for 1-drink and they give you a ticket etc to claim your 2nd-drink (to get the custy to pay for at least one full-price drink vs nursing just one half-priced drink); etc etc. So – the 2-drink-minimum is not unheard of and may perhaps be more common in certain cities – AFAIK Pt’s is a national-chain so perhaps why it may be a thing in that club vs other Indy clubs? Or perhaps it was that particular manager being anal? Or perhaps club-biz is down and they are now enforcing it? I can see one being-taken-aback being confronted w/ this for the first time – IMO it’s not worth-the-hassle to make a big-deal out-of-it since different clubs have different-rules we have to follow as custies (the juice is not worth the squeeze w.r.t. making a big-deal about-it when it’s only a couple-of-bucks) – IME one is often left alone as long as one is holding a non-empty-drink in their hand. As custies there is often a certain amount of bullshit we have to put up with in this hobby of paying women so we can grope them. In the end having to pay for a 2nd-drink is not really that big-a-price to be able to look at naked-women – in this hobby we at times have to “choose our battles” and some battles are not worth being “the PL-hill we will die on”.
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
I think the "drink in hand" at all times is more often than not the real rule (vs officially enforced for 2 drinks). I can recall only once that I paid for 2 at once, and given tokens for drinks.
funonthaside
a year ago
When I used to go to the Admiral Theater in Chicago, there was a two drink minimum. It was included in the entry price, and you got two tickets which you gave to the waitress when you ordered. Non- alcoholic, of course, and the waitress' tips were cash.
gammanu95
a year ago
===> "No not everyone but a lot do have that rule. If your not paying it up front, it's not strictly enforced in most places." This. IME most clubs, except for nude juice bars, have a rule like this. But IME enforcement is light in most places. Keep in mind that most clubs that sell alcohol make a good chunk of their profits from bar sales. If you walk in during a dayshift with no cover, nurse a single $3 coke and decide not to buy any dances, the bar actually lost money on you when factoring overhead costs. For these reasons I can't begrudge a club from imposing a drink minimum when it's providing me access to T&A in return.
rickdugan
a year ago
Yeah I feel like if I’m in a club for more than 30 minutes or so and haven’t spend anything or than a nonalcoholic beverage than I’m being a cheap ass and should either leave or spend
Specialj
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion