Recent website changes here at TUSCL

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 4:28 AM
First, Applause to the site for making efforts to improve the website. It was laready the most glorious website on earth, and every cool kid's home page, and they deserve credit for nuturing the best use of the internet. We are grateful. I think we need a place to clarify what changes are being made, so that we aren't all wondering: - what's missing - what happened - what features are new and what are gone so I figured I'd start a page on it, since I haven't seen another one. Few things: - things seem to change every day as they add features, which is good, but hard to keep up with - Direct Messages are now called "Chats" but the big thing is that you don't see a count of new messages, so it's not obvious that you have messages. Instead, on the right hand side, of your Feed, a thing called "chats" will literally blink from black to dark gray, so it's almost impossible to see. I clicked on it, and saw a bunch of messages I didn't know I had. I'm really popular here, so I had a lot. - You can bookmark a review from either your feed or inside a message by clicking an icon that looks like a bookmark. In your feed, it's the 3rd icon over under a message, near the thumbs up, thumbs down and comments bubble. (And I just looked, and that feature is now missing). Inside a message, it's just to the right of the title. The bookmark is supposed to mean that you get an email every time someone comments, but they appear to be lagging behind, since I haven't gotten a lot of emails. - the site appears to be slow. You click on the Feed button, and nothing happens for a 10 seconds or more, and it doesn't say it's doing anything. Then you get your feed. If you submit a review or post a comment, it also takes a long time. - sometimes, if you click on a bookmark in your web browser that takes you to your Feed, it will tell you that it can't dfind it. CLick the Feed on the right, and it then appears to work - some people have a yellow checkmark beside their name meaning that they're verified. I'm not sure what that means, but I will work tirelessly to acheive that status someday. My impeccable reviews and site popularity have not gotten me there yet , but I have a long career ahead. Some people like me have a $ beside their name, because we are as valuable as cash - when you click on a person's name, you can no longer see the number of posts they've made, or comments, or anything. - Desertscrub the douchebag got deleted, and at one point he had 15,000 comments, mostly calling people a liar, or saying they wrote a club ad or a shill review. You can no longer see how many comment or reviwes someone wrote, so it's hard to tell if they're a known contributor. I tend to share much more detail with known contributors. That's just some of what I've found, and hopefully others will contribute. "Founder", who runs the site, and all of his accomplices, should have a God logo or King logo near their name, for making every visit to this site seem like Christmas eve or a bachelor party.

26 comments

What a great contribution. Thank you so much for your help.
nelly76
a year ago
I can see peoples' review count. Good to hear about desertscrub, he was a literal shill for two clubs but spent all day calling others shills. 15,000 times. Verification is where you send a photo under dashboard -> manage account. All this does is prove you're human and not a bot. One thing I liked that they temporarily did was in your bookmarks of clubs, they put the date of the latest review. So every day I knew right away if there was a new review, rather than checking manually (or now by remembering the text preview of the latest review).
Wakawakamoo
a year ago
You're right. If you click on someone's name, you can see their review count and discussion count, but not the comment count. Ahh, thanks for the info on being Verified. Is there any upside to doing it? They seem to be getting better, and hopefully if you bookmark a club, they'll send an email saying that there's a new review. I just bookmark a few local clubs, so I can see it from my Feed.
nelly76
a year ago
Thanks to founder for all of his work on the web site and also to nelly76 for his thoughtful suggestions. I'll add two more suggestions: When traveling, it is difficult to use the strip club list to identify clubs in your vicinity because many of the clubs are listed by neighborhoods, not by large adjacent cities. The map feature seems to default to Las Vegas and it is awkward to resize and drag the map to a specific location. If the map could start by selecting a state (or country), that would make it easier to locate clubs on the map.
Electronman
a year ago
Boom. Love it, Electronman. I have been in other cities, and the site assumes you know something about the city, so you have to use Yelp or Google maps, asking for Strip clubs, in a separate window, to get the right info.
nelly76
a year ago
Nelly: Have you tried the "nearby strip clubs" feature. If you allow google maps access to your location, that feature is pretty good. It works pretty well but only if you are already in the area. What is missing is the ability to search for clubs in an area where you are planning to travel to (but are not yet there).
Electronman
a year ago
Electronman: "strip club list", "country", "state". "city" - gets you there. It is not intuitive. I miss "My Feed" and the ability to see immediately the posts of contributors that I have grown to appreciate over the years. Since I don't necessarily see those posts, I didn't notice that nelly76's little buddy SCRUB was lost to us all. Has OWG been notified that the little tumbleweed of annoyance has been scrubbed per se. Without further adieu, I nominate Nelly76 for the yellow checkmark of acceptance!
rockie
a year ago
Electro, Just tried it and it works pretty well near where I live. Thanks. I'm sure I tried it when I was out of town at some point and it wasn't that great. Yeah, I like that idea to put in a zip code where you're oging to be, and have it give a list of the closest clubs. You would think that would be easy if it can do it in my current location.
nelly76
a year ago
Rockie, I'm not positive, but I think "Feed" in the upper right still does all the clubs and all the contributors that you have bookmarked. The post about Desertscrub the douchebag being "kicked out the club" was posted by someone I don't know named "Mate27", and I think the only reason a lot of us knew about it was that [view link].ishmael posted about it on the Desires page, with a link, and then good news travels fast.
nelly76
a year ago
You seriously made a post, then responded to it saying thanks to yourself? Then you liked our own post? Okay, setting all that aside. If you want to get verified, go to dashboard, then manage account, then pick get verified & follow the instructions.
Dolfan
a year ago
Dolfan, Yes, I made a post, and then responded thanking myself, and I will probably do it again after a few more comments. I am very appreciative of the time I spent. Wakawaka told me how to do the verification, which I had seen at one point. I just never saw the advantage to doing it.
nelly76
a year ago
'I am very appreciative of the time I spent.' ^ Very full of yourself is a better description. 'so I figured I'd start a page on it, since I haven't seen another one.' ^ Probably because you didn't take a moment to look for one. [view link]
TheeOSU
a year ago
Yes, I didn't look back to February
nelly76
a year ago
You didn't have to look back to Feb, before my earlier post a few minutes ago , there was a post just yesterday. It's been an ongoing thread with multiple posts every week.
TheeOSU
a year ago
As I read this, I was thinking, "who didn't already know about these things." Day late, dollar short and no shit sherlock fit in this situation. What a loser, complimenting himself.
mickey48066
a year ago
You could have posted this as an article. The discussion forum threads turn over a lot and this will get lost.
wallanon
a year ago
Stick with me, I'll be making changes frequently. I'd also recommend using a mobile device for accessing the site, as that is my main focus (nearly 90% of our traffic is mobile and iPad)
founder
a year ago
The formatting and margins look good now on an iPhone. Great job. I liked the splash of color that was here for a few days
motorhead
a year ago
Folks will post wherever, but I suspect that the better place to post site bugs and requests is founder's thread here: [view link] He created that thread, so he gets an update every time someone posts to it. Posting feedback/requests to multiple threads probably won't work well.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
Dolfan: Nelly isn't the first one to give himself an "attaboy" on Tuscl. And it is an attaboy discussion from start to finish without Scrub wighing in from the Desert! CMI: You are correct, but I bet you that everytime there is a post that says "Founder" there is an alert to him. It is cumbersome to find prudent linkssuch as your proper one above presently on TUSCl for this elder. Nelly: Attaboy! The "feed" on the right of my screen is looking the part, but not playing the part
rockie
a year ago
I’m just scratching my head about why a guy who seems to only go to one club in Providence spends this much time critiquing the site. The observations are legit but he doesn’t seem to need this site at all.
captainfun
a year ago
HA. I go to a lot more than one club, and have reviewd a lot more than one club, but that one is my local one, so I do reviews there more often. I’m just scratching my head about why a guy who spent time to research me can't understand that I use this site to get and to give information, and these tips will help people, especially since they probably don't know that they have messages in their "Chats".
nelly76
a year ago
As often happens among "humans" unnecessary "changes" are made, just to say "changes are being made."" Then then "humans" attack the "extremists" opposed to the radical changes. I
Dave_Anderson
a year ago
I have never identified as "human "
Dave_Anderson
a year ago
^ No surprise here
twentyfive
a year ago
I like the changes. One request: Restore on the list of "nearby strip clubs" the date of the last review for each club. I used to go to "nearby" page first to see what the new local reviews were. Now, I have to go to "club reviews" and look for local clubs.
Robert999nc
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion