When should a stripper retire from stripping?

Saturday, May 13, 2023 8:51 PM
When should a stripper retire from stripping? I know the answer to this is "when she wants to". However, what factors should they most be looking at such as declining looks, stripper burnout and the need to get an education, start a second career or find a lifetime partner? Looking at the most important factors, what would be a good age for the majority of them to leave? I've known a few situations where the stripper stayed in the profession too long and then struggled when she finally left. She might have made the transition better if she had quit stripping earlier.

31 comments

If they have a kid/s to support that makes choices more difficult. I think in their 30's if they can.
shadowcat
a year ago
When they can't make enough money for it be worth doing as a job.
wallanon
a year ago
My former ATF was 52 when she finally quit, and I still miss her. My present ATF is 44.
ATACdawg
a year ago
When she decides to retire.
georgmicrodong
a year ago
I know some "retired" dancers who dance only once or twice a year
lapdanceking82
a year ago
The really smart ones will get a education find a career very early on strip part-time. I've only known a couple who followed through One recently used to bring her laptop in study during slow periods
elmer
a year ago
When I get done WRECKING THAT PUSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Just kidding. I guess when she wants to. I see several girls in their 40s and I enjoy the mature women very much, albeit in different ways than the young ones.
drewcareypnw
a year ago
My atf is 40 and just came back to dancing after about 2 years (pandemic related-only reason she left). She looks better than ever (I wasn't the only one thinking that and I saw her for around 6 years prior to her hiatus). She's hotter than a lot of the dancers in mid 20s. Also the club I frequent at night has several dancers in their Late 30s and early 40s that are so fine. They have lots of younger ones as well there. Only made it in one dayshift in the last year and there was an Asian dancer that said she was 47 (I didn't ask, she just told me). She was so hot it was unbelievable. If I ever make it back there during the day, I am looking for her! So age is just truly a number haha.
Heellover
a year ago
Money vs stress is all the matters. Some girls are a 9 or 10 and don't make money, because they don't know how to sell. "Wanna dance" works for some girls but if they don't have the right attitude guys will still say no. At my club there are two girls who are basically 10s and one gets $100 plus thrown at her every stage, the other got nothing except what I threw. The first one get so many dances I don't even see her when she works except to ask for her right after stage. The other is sitting at the bar, working up the courage to approach guys for an hour and 'waiting for a regular' to maybe show up that night. She's new and I'm sure in 6 months she'll either figure it out or quit. I've seen lots of these girls quit. Point is it works at the retirement end too. All that matters is the money a girl can pull in.
Wakawakamoo
a year ago
A lot seem like professional athletes--they have found a lucrative career that suits their talents, and think they can do it forever, when in truth they hold a depreciating asset. Over the medium term, increasing skill can cover for decreasing natural ability, but in the long term, Father Time always wins. Unless you're a super-duper-star who has made so much you'll never have to work again, the time to plan your exit is _well before_ Father Time makes that decision for you. Of course, if you can find rich customers with a GILF fetish, that changes the rules. Hey, if some guys are into amputees and midgets, have at it.
Tetradon
a year ago
When she either gets burned out with the lifestyle or stops making more money in the club than she can make elsewhere based on her education and skills. Or when their goal is met. I had a favorite for a couple of years who started dancing at 26 after divorcing the guy she married when she was 18. Stripping was her secondary job (primary was some type of sales) and her goal with dancing was to pay off the house she had after the divorce which she told me she owed about $75k on it after the outcome of the divorce. She danced 2-3 nights per week for about 6 years until she paid off the house and then she left dancing for good. If every stripper was as good with their money as she was there would be a lot of wealthy former strippers out there.
whodey
a year ago
When their titties start touching their knees. Just kidding, GILFs need love too.
Mike Rotch
a year ago
Yeah - no right answer to this in-part since PLs' tastes are so varied - an additional variable is that not everyone ages the same way nor takes cares of themselves the same way. I also wonder if some girls get used to the club-lifestyle and remain in it bc they like ir or gotten used-to that environment.
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
I've known some 60 somethings (not dancers) who still looked pretty fine.
Tetradon
a year ago
When that butterfly tattoo on her titty starts to look like a moth, it’s time for her to call it a career.
twentyfive
a year ago
Age is a number. Each job that is performed typically has a stop. The NFL player, the Victoria's Secret model, roughneck/wildcats, the construction worker, the stripper and so on. In the case of stripping, IMHO, it's what the customer wants. Some like spinners, some like muffin tops, some like big booties, some like huge or tiny sweater puppies. One of the best strippers I've ever had a LD with was probably 20 pounds over weight in her early 40s most would rate as a 5-6. She had an incredible sparkling personality and gave an incredible dance with excellent stick shifting and had this lovely smile the entire time - this was in a Mid-West, very small town. Then I've seen some 20-somethings that look like crack-whores or whatever that I avoid like the Plague. Plus, fake tits, heavy tats and too much make-up are right out for me, that is ME, and there are those who love those things. I even had one stripper years ago take me back for a LD , I asked what was OK to touch and she broke into this Devilish grin and said,"Anywhere as long as I can molest you." She was probably in her early 30s in NJ at was The Erotic Cafe (a real dive but fun). My point is simple: what works for the customers, the strippers when know when tips drop off. The hope is they'll leave the business before it is too late, and will have planned for a good retirement.Treat it like a real profession.
mogul1985
a year ago
There are two books I know of. One called Sunshine: Diary of a Lapdancer. The other book’s name escapes me at the moment. In this second book she quite emphatically states that every year a woman strips makes it harder to walk away. 20 years of stripping will make it very hard to walk away. Accumulation of wealth: 20 year old stripper makes 100k per year gross, puts 20%/20k annually for 20 years into DIA or SPY. Based on past 20 year performance, it will be 900k, pre tax. This is at age 40. (At 51 without any further contributions, it will be 1.8 million). At 25 years of age she buys a 400,000 condo with a 15 year loan term. At the same age 40, a fully paid off condo that could have a resale value of 800k or more. At 40 she has potentially close to 2million pre tax. Now if she wants to and can keep stripping past 40¿ It’s much more on her terms based on the liquid value financial security. Important caveat: these equations assume she doesn’t marry her stripper years boyfriend named Jazzy or Spike. The potential returns under that scenario are likely extremely poor.
Brahma2k
a year ago
There's too many variables to answer definitively, but I think that every dancer should start thinking about and planning for retirement at 30 years old at the latest.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
Whenever she never gets around to walking back through a club’s doors, because she’s too distracted with whatever else is going on. “Retire” is this word that implies finality and seems mostly used in the context of collecting social security payments. And let’s face it, even when a good chunk of us turn 65 years old, that type of thing is unlikely to be there anyways. 👍
nicespice
a year ago
Ideally most dancers would have a plan to move on before they have to quit. As to when she can be successful that varies greatly.I’d say most should probably move on by their mid 30s but some can dance into their 40s. Then again some lose their looks early. Whenever that is I think they should always have a plan for what’s next. Few girls when they start dancing plan to dance until they can’t do it any more.
boomer79
a year ago
I know one dancer well into her fifties that is still very successful and is in VIP so much that at times you don't know she's there because she stays busy. She has the home and other things to fall back on but why quit if you are still making a good living? This is more of a exception but I've seen more than one dancer do well into their fifties because of genes and a loyal customer base. I think there is no one size fits all answer.
mike710
a year ago
it's not so much the age of a stripper as it is. the shape of the stripper. at least that's what I look for. no fatties.
Jascoi
a year ago
They should retire when they start hating the job & the customers. For some, that’s Day 1. Some keep going for the money despite their feelings, but that’ll only last so long. Some have better attitudes & last until their appeal fades & the money dries up. I recently watched one who was still successful in body & attitude & income until 60 (!), then she suddenly hit the wall hard on the first two and quit. Another quit at 52 and then started managing the club, still gets more dance asks than most of her employees but stopped for personal reasons (money not an issue). Both had great attitudes & fitness discipline, and that’s why they lasted so long.
RiskA
a year ago
No set age....simply from her perspective, though, when she cannot earn a suitable amount for effort put forth. She may need to move from one club to another, but as long she can get attention from PLs, why stop? I've seen dancers in their 40s and early 50s garner more interest than others at their clubs. And then there are the infamous clubs filled with Brazilians, which seem to not discourage women even into their late 50s.
funonthaside
a year ago
I've seen dancers in their early 20's burn out and others go on seemingly forever (40+). I think the factors are that if a dancer has the right mentality and can handle the unique stresses of the job, and isn't abusing drugs/alcohol, they can have a pretty long career.
groundball
a year ago
As long as she's providing BBBJCIM she should just keep on going.
misterorange
a year ago
No doubt Trump is flawed as a politician (and even as a person) – IMO Trump’s support (coming out of nowhere in 2016 where hardly anyone gave him a chance; and in 2020 getting more votes than anyone in history “other than Biden”). is more a sign of how a large number of Americans feel about the political establishment vs how highly they think of Trump.
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
^ shit - wrong thread :)
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
Lol Papi
Specialj
a year ago
If theyre no longer willing or able to provide lapdances or unable make enough money from selling them. If a club is officially offering lapdances but you get an air dancer then she should just retire imo. Regarding amputees they can look normal and there are probably a good amount of hot ones? But when it comes to people with dwarfism i havent seen any hot ones i think whichever hormones are involved in dwarfism also cause their face to develop differently than normal…
rickmacrodong
a year ago
Hell if I know. I've known two who were in their 60's. They both swallowed. One of them went far beyond just swallowing. The 20-something burnouts weren't even worth their offers of a lapdance. Not that it typically works like that.
DandyDan
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion