The Spy and the Stripper

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 8:53 AM
Robert Hanssen recently died in prison. He was an FBI agent, a conservative Catholic and a Russian spy. He also had a relationship with a stripper that did not involve sex. Weird. [view link]

9 comments

Interesting story, but damn, life really wore her down. She's 65 and looks 95. Lol
misterorange
a year ago
Kind of interesting to read the details. He was a spy for 20 years then served 20 years in prison to net only $1.4 million. In hindsight not at all worth it. He likely would have earned far more than that working a regular job over 40 years
motorhead
a year ago
Straying off topic but Hansen was an inmate at ADX Florence. (Supermax) Somehow, the board didn’t post and discuss the death of another former ADX Florence inmate - Ted Kaczynski - the UNABOMBER who committed suicide last week at a medical prison in NC
motorhead
a year ago
The movie Breach tells the story of Hanson’s spy activity while he was with the FBI, and how he was ultimately caught. Chris Cooper plays his character, and the dude definitely had some sexual issues, like videotaping sex with his wife without her knowledge, and seeing strippers, hookers, etc. The story of how he was caught is classic spy stuff within the FBI. Supposedly the material he sold to the Russians was some of the most damaging in US history. Glad to hear he’s dead so my tax dollars don’t pay another penny to keep him alive.
azdd
a year ago
Kaczynski - Man, I wonder what made him finally end it after all those years in jail. You'd think someone facing the rest of his life in a supermax prison would do that early on.
misterorange
a year ago
Hansen should have been executed. Kaczynski took the easy way out. COWARD!
PepsiMan
a year ago
^ I would guess being in his 80s his health deteriorated too much and he said screw it…
shailynn
a year ago
In general, people spy for reasons other than money. Usually, there is something or someone they are getting back at, or an ethical position that compels them to the deed. The money, sex, favors, threats, etc are additional inducements.
drewcareypnw
a year ago
Maybe he just really liked Russian vodka.
shailynn
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion