EVER DEAL WITH GIRLS THAT TALK LIKE THIS?

Wednesday, June 21, 2023 1:48 AM
never at a strip club though as the girls there are straightforward and genuine. one of the best tv clips i've seen in quite some time: [view link]

8 comments

That's how girls used to talk in the San Fernando valley back in the 80's. Hence the "valley girl" accent. And as far as meeting strippers that talk like that, uh like totally like yeah like awesome.
Muddy
a year ago
Man I don't know what the fuck that is but it was funny as shit. I never heard a girl talk that way except on TV as a joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a real thing in Califreakia.
misterorange
a year ago
I used to work as a consultant in a clothing company. Full of dumbass fashion people. Guess what, the under 30 women all talked like the girl in this video. Like nails on a chalk board. Now I work for one of the big 4 software companies, where everybody is super fucking smart. Annoying in other ways, but never dumb. Guess what? NOBODY talks like this where I work. They may have barely intelligible Chinese accents, but it's not this shit. Vocal fry is not just an affectation. It's an affectation for stupid women.
drewcareypnw
a year ago
totally cool fer sure.
Jascoi
a year ago
You know that the guy in the video was a progressive.
skibum609
a year ago
^he's also a yale grad fwiw. just on that i would have to give the actor the benefit of the doubt that he has the acting capability to not have his personal beliefs bleed onto and affect a good television scene. just differentiate between the character in the scene and the actual person playing that character.
rattdog
a year ago
Actresses do this in their real lives. How did Madonna develop an English accent after growing up in Detroit ?
mark94
a year ago
I have heard this in strip clubs and other places, but not in a long time. Vocal fry was a thing about 5 to 7 years ago and then it mostly disappeared. At least around here.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion