Biggest surprise at a strip club

Sunday, June 25, 2023 4:59 AM
After hundreds of strip club visits, I think I had my biggest surprise ever. I went to a formerly popular strip club here, now called Jiggles but previously known as Babes here in Indianapolis. At eleven on a Saturday night the door guy told me there were no strippers in the club and hadn't been all day. I left without even going in. Would you consider this a sure sign a strip club is about to go under or have you seen strip clubs in this type of situation limp along for a while longer or even turn things around and become viable again?

10 comments

A have hit a couple of my favorite clubs in Louisville (Thorobred and Pussycat Lounge) at times when they had no dancers, but never on a weekend evening. I wouldn't think that one stop on one day without any dancers is a sure sign that the club is dying since we all know how unreliable dancers can be, especially at clubs that don't enforce any type of schedule on their dancers. Given on subpar my last few visits to Indy have been I will say that the entire strip club scene in Indy seems to be in a death spiral. Most cities seemed to struggle trying to come back after the covid lockdowns but it hit Indy worse than most places and they still haven't recovered to anything near pre-covid levels. If I remember right there were a couple of clubs that ran into legal trouble just before covid so that may have had something to do with it since mileage dropped significantly just before the lockdowns so customers weren't exactly eager to go back knowing that the mileage wasn't going to be there. I used to hit Indy clubs about every other month while in town for work, but honestly since covid I usually just drive on home back to Cincinnati instead of bothering with the clubs when I am there.
whodey
a year ago
Zero dancers is a sign of poor management.
JamesSD
a year ago
I also just recently ran into a club last Saturday night with no dancers (it just became a regular bar though) Some clubs are gonna go down coming up. All the signs of people running out of money, car market right now is a big indicator, nobody money for cars no more. Shopping habits, the steaks ain’t selling as much anymore now it’s more frozen burgers. The lesser clubs just hanging on are going down. But I gotta say there are some strip clubs that have zero to worry about, it’s those fringe ones.
Muddy
a year ago
My closest strip club option has occasionally been closed on weekends due to no dancers. I would have thought COVID-19 would have killed it for sure, but it's a low cost operation in a small town. I suspect when the owner goes, the strip club goes.
DandyDan
a year ago
I agree 100% with JameSD. Also if the out side and the inside of the club are run down. It can have a great affect.
bang69
a year ago
That area town is going down hill. Most people don’t feel safe to venture out there. Only thing valuable is the fact Indy isn’t opening up anymore strip clubs so the license is valuable.
Longdong454545
a year ago
This has happened several times over the course of the last couple of years at Blue Diamond here in Louisville. I personally think there's something else going on there. They're only open about half the time when I drive by on a Friday or Saturday night, and even when they are, there's seldom any cars.
georgmicrodong
a year ago
ever since COVID. my visits to strip clubs is way less than it used to be. except for HK, the kind of girls I like seem to be more rare and much more expensive.
Jascoi
a year ago
I find it goes in waves. If things gradually decline, either a good manager will make big changes or a bad manager will close the doors. My favorite club was being taken over ( in my opinion ) by 15-20 fat Cuban dancer, driving out others. Then, suddenly, they were gone.
mark94
a year ago
One individual place on a single even can be due to (fill in the blank)/an outlier. In general it is very unlikely there will be such an extreme shortage of women who will work as strippers — provided the proverbial juice is worth the squeeze. Which is to say they can make good money without working conditions and safety conditions being unacceptable. This assumes the long regulatory arm of government isn’t in play here.
Brahma2k
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion