Stripping vs. Commercial Air Travel

Thursday, June 29, 2023 7:49 PM
I've read that commercial air travel as we know it would not exist without first class passengers. You could have a viable airline with only first class seats, but not one with only economy seats. Economy class only exits because the marginal cost of providing each economy seat (on a plane with first class) is enough so them selling at a price the market will bear is profitable. Is striping the same? Do strippers need PLs who spend $500+ per visit for it to be a worthwhile occupation? Or, can strippers grind out a decent income with PLs who spend $100 per less, and expect strippers to spend at least as much unpaid time hanging out at the table as the time they pay for?

15 comments

"big butt"- Wtf do you know about running an airline ? Airlines and stripping are drastically different businesses. Airlines are intensely capital sensitive, and more highly regulated than a stripping. And much more about market share than stripping. (Have you checked new and used aircraft lease/purchase prices lately ? Fuel costs ? ) Besides getting a local permit in some cities/or counties, what regulatory hurdles must a dancer pass? I've seen several first class only airlines go out of business. Nope the revenue enhancers for airlines are the myriad fees, and the belly freight, especially in the larger aircraft. Numerous airlines that went out of business could be traced to poor management. In that case, stripping may have something in common. Even a stripper who doesn't land a VIP whale, but during a 4 hr. shift sells dances with 6 - 8 different customers who spend $60 on her dances could make a decent living if she doesn't go overboard on her spending.
minnow
a year ago
Gee minnow you got so mad you shit yourself, and you forgot to mention strippers can't fly.
ilbbaicnl
a year ago
Minnow sounds pretty stressed. Maybe he's an air traffic controller.
ilbbaicnl
a year ago
Spirt, Frontier and even Southwest Air lines do not have first class seating...all couch seating, Further: "Airlines are scrapping first class, but it’s not dead just yet May 8, 2023 — 4.50am Source: https://www.smh.com.au/traveller/reviews-and-advice/airlines-are-scrapping-first-class-but-it-s-not-dead-just-yet-20230507-p5d6hd.html Maybe strippers should follow suit.
shadowcat
a year ago
Generally speaking the common denominator for both is good value for what is offered and is relatively to competition
Specialj
a year ago
The airline industry might be the least profitable industry in history. Successful strippers understand the concept of customer service and repeat business.
mark94
a year ago
OP resorting to ad hominem attack vs answering my questions posed is a good indication that he doesn't know shit about the subject that he raised.
minnow
a year ago
Southwest has all coach seats and does well with a loyal base so the comparison makes absolutely zero sense. In fact, I recently read that airlines are getting rid of first-class seats in favor of coach because few buy first class any longer and the people sitting there are on free frequent flier upgrades or miles. At Club Desire, the dancers who make the most, make the most on regulars, usually by appointment and new customers are a bonus.
skibum609
a year ago
Yes minnow it's too bad we can't all have a polite and civil tone like you do.
ilbbaicnl
a year ago
I like to fly rick-class. That’s where you put on a stylin’ suit and ride on the back of an F-16 while receiving a lap dance from an uber hot female hairless ape. ROAR!!!
rickthelion
a year ago
Domestic first class is pretty much a scam. The bigger seat is nice but it's definitely not worth the exorbitant upcharge for a flight that lasts 2 or 3 hours. The value proposition for long international flights is a lot better, where a lie flat seat could be the difference between arriving rested and being a zombie. I don't think it's worth the extra outlay but I have friends who swear by it.
caseyx
a year ago
I as shadow pointed out, I think the thesis is fundamentally incorrect. There is evidence that airlines can and do survive without first class. There may not be large planes full of first class, but there are things like NetJet's that kinda do. With strip clubs, there's room for both. Again, there is evidence of both. Just looking around in south Florida, we have low end clubs where a $500 customer is a career day for a girl. And we've got clubs where girls will roll their eyes, flip their hair, and walk away from a guy who'll only spend $500. I don't have details on the financials of the big players in either industry, but from the outside looking in it would appear that the more successful clubs tend to cater to both. A big part of the value to the bigger spenders is that they get to feel special and be noticed. That works much better when there are a bunch of lower spenders around. With airlines, the ones selling a variety of service levels seem to be doing quite well too. Which would make sense, as there are a variety of buyers out there with different needs and budgets. Varied product lines allow them to operate at scale while still catering to a wide range of customer.
Dolfan
a year ago
Among the business strategies that work: - Having the highest quality at a premium price - Providing the best value for the dollar - Meeting a specialized need Any business can succeed if they do a great job with one of these strategies. Most airlines have tried to serve both the premium market and the low cost market. As a result, they don’t serve either market very well.
mark94
a year ago
I've considered this a bit, if Strip clubs and strippers need whales to function. I think it depends on the kind of club and the business model. Most clubs run on stage fees or alcohol sales or both. Door fees are a revenue stream but club that gets lots of PLs in the door who don't drink or buy dances isn't gonna thrive. So for the girls it depends if they make their money through stage tips, dancer drinks, lap dances, or all of the above. If a girl can make $100+ each time in stage she doesn't need to sell a ton of dances. If she makes $1 each from two guys, she needs to make her money elsewhere. Overall I would say dayshift is more whale and regular dependant and night shift deals more in volume. We've all been to a club that sells alcohol where the naked girls are the entertainment but not the main way the club makes money. Meanwhile juice bar clubs need to sell dances I think complicating the question is tourist dumb money.
JamesSD
a year ago
I think a lot of people in first class fly for business at least once a week. They're not paying what someone who flies once or twice a year would pay.
ilbbaicnl
10 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion