Two loads during OTC

Monday, July 3, 2023 2:34 AM
I may be moving soon to a place with no washer and dryer. I'm wondering how much I should offers strippers to let me do a couple of loads of laundry during OTC. If you do OTC in nicespice's car, I wonder how much extra she charges to let you use her favorite rock in the river that she scrubs her clothes on.

15 comments

You could do your whites with a load of her diapers.
shadowcat
10 months ago
Curious how you afford OTC, if you cannot afford apartment with washer/dryer.
funonthaside
10 months ago
I have good spending priorities.
ilbbaicnl
10 months ago
“Curious how you afford OTC, if you cannot afford apartment with washer/dryer” — Find an HE washer and dancer
motorhead
10 months ago
@motorhead: Where would one find one of these Happy Ending washers? Asking for a friend.
georgmicrodong
10 months ago
I have a comforter that's too big for my washer. Took it to the laundromat yesterday and it cost me $13 just to wash one blanket (including the dryer time). I don't know how all those broke-ass people with 4 kids can pay that much to do their fucking laundry. I see them coming in there with like 3 big sacks of clothes.
misterorange
10 months ago
2 loads during OTC sounds too expensive for me
Specialj
10 months ago
I never used a laundromat in my life except while staying in a hotel after hurricane Katrina. During the brief few years I rented an apartment, I only looked at units that included the washer and dryer, not just the hookups.
gammanu95
10 months ago
^^ in the past 40 years or so I’ve had to use the laundromat a couple of times. Once when my washer broke down on a weekend and needed to do laundry before a new was delivered the next week. And last year when I moved I went once before my new W&D Was installed. Spending a view hours in a laundromat can really put things in perspective. You don’t know how lucky you are until you see a single mom struggle to carry in multiple loads - often with a baby in one hand and a string of kids from 4-14 with her. And you see every container imaginable. Laundry baskets, suitcases, plastic storage totes, trash bags.
motorhead
10 months ago
i hand wash in the sink when at the cabin.
Jascoi
10 months ago
During my early years I had the displeasure of relying upon laundromats. Where I lived during my early to late 20s, the old buildings which had been converted to cheap apartments had neither W/D hookups nor separate basement laundry rooms. Yes it did suck hauling my laundry and supplies to these places, usually for me and whichever live-in GF I had at the time. Finally, a couple of years after I graduated from college, my income rose enough that I could afford a nicer apartment with laundry facilities on-site. Nowadays I have a large capacity washer in my home that can handle almost anything. But even still it can't deal with large comforters and heavy blankets, so once or twice a year I bring them to a laundromat in the hood. Sure I could bring them to my dry cleaner, but fuck that for the money they want. It would cost me $250 JUST for the big stuff, which I do as a matter of principle when I can go to the laundromat with two rolls of quarters and detergent from home and get it done in less than 2 hours. Best part is that most of the time is waiting time, so I plan other errands in nearby stores during the wash and dry cycles.
rickdugan
10 months ago
That should have read: "...which I WON'T do as a matter of principle..."
rickdugan
10 months ago
—>“I have a comforter that's too big for my washer. Took it to the laundromat yesterday and it cost me $13 just to wash one blanket (including the dryer time). I don't know how all those broke-ass people with 4 kids can pay that much to do their fucking laundry. I see them coming in there with like 3 big sacks of clothes.” Yeah, when it comes to laundromats, the cost of doing laundry only goes slightly higher when you use the supersized machines vs the smaller ones. It’s a better value to bring a lot of stuff. And I was going to reply to the OP by linking to just one or two products, but it looks like there’s quite a few options nowadays that I didn’t know about. All which seem like a better way than a rock. https://thehomesteadinghippy.com/best-manual-washing-machines/
nicespice
10 months ago
Strippers who hang on TUSCL would prefer a rock, because they really love a challenge. Also, be suspicious of websites that claim that something that runs off a USB cable is "non-electrical".
ilbbaicnl
10 months ago
I let the strippers do their laundry at my place. That way we both can do a few loads.
Dolfan
10 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion