In Metro Atlanta, what clubs/shifts are the best $ for dancers?

Monday, July 24, 2023 11:28 PM
There are a couple of clubs here that have very cheap dances on dayshift (Strokers for $5, Vivide for $10). But, when I've gone, plenty of dancers I find very attractive. The songs are relatively short, maybe 3 minutes average, but still, a deal. Anyone know the backstory for the relatively low dance prices? I can see two possibilities: 1) All the dancers are black, and/or immigrants with limited English. But I've been in clubs in other cities with the same dancer demographics, and the dance prices were more the typical $20+. Because the combo of the dancer demographics and low price feels cringy, I 've always tipped big. From the dancers reactions, I don't think big typing is typical at these clubs. Are they shut out of other clubs/shifts, and for whatever reason, don't choose to leave the ATL area? 2) Is this the proof of the theory that reasonable dance prices are actually best for dancers who can handle high volume? I can go to one of these clubs and spend $800 or so, and walk out feeling ready to die, because my life is complete. Whereas, at these out west clubs that charge $40 a dance, I feel like I"d spend $800 and still walk out frustrated, so why bother? When I clubbed in Vegas, the only club where the dancers banked off me was Chicas Bonitas. Because I got very good dances for $25 a song, which you can't seem to find anywhere else in that town.

17 comments

I don't understand your question and the question doesn't match the body of what you wrote. However, I would approach it the opposite. IMHO, the metro Atlanta area actually charges what services should be valued at. The question should be why does clubs outside metro Atlanta value those same services for twice, 3 or 4 times more. Even if a lap dance lasted 5 minutes, it would not be worth $20 or more a song to me. For some, not only is it worth it, it's worth it even if it's an airdance.
ww
10 months ago
Also, from a dancer perspective, there are actually some that are into putting in a "hard days work". There are girls who work the $5 dollar clubs that at a minimum could work the $10 clubs or go out of area, but choose not to. They enjoy being "blue collar" dancers.
ww
10 months ago
@ww the “not worth 20$ or more per song” is Egh. MOST CLUBS take a percentage of dances Not sure guys even think about that (it’s not just tip out at the end of night) it ranges from 10$ - 30% of what ever the posted price is. I sure in the hell don’t want to working my ass off giving a amazing LD for 10-13$ after the club gets their cut. That’s why a lot of women upsell the single dances they aren’t worth the work after club fees Just my 2 cents
Cruz_LV
10 months ago
^^ All clubs don't work that way, especially the majority black clubs, which is what ATL consists primarily off. The dancer pays to work the club and whatever she earns is hers.
ww
10 months ago
All the strippers I've gotten friendly with work at clubs where the dances are $15 or more each. They try to keep their rent under $1500 and are nursing along older cars. So, seems like $5 or $10 a song would not cut it. I guess at Vivide, you need to do VIPs to do OK.
ilbbaicnl
10 months ago
And even taking 10-15% off per dance of a $20 or higher lapdance cost, that is still making more than $5 or $10 a song in metro ATL or elsewhere. That's a lost of 2 or 3 bucks. But I'm not a hater. I'm good with the game as it is. Just don't bring it to ATL....lol!
ww
10 months ago
$15 in ATL or elsewhere?
ww
10 months ago
15 in Atlanta sounds like Fannies. TT is 10 or 20. I feel like for the most part dances in Atlanta are a way to get by but VIP is where dancers can make more. However the cheaper dances can help sell the VIPs.
boomer79
10 months ago
At clubs that take a piece of each dance, it's usually easy to see. There's a club employee noticeably keeping track of the dances. I've only been in one club where they didn't keep careful track, but wanted a haircut from each dance. And, no, strippers on the honor system does not work so great. $15 was in downstate Illinois. The dancers at that club raised hell about it, so the owner decided to let them set their own price. Most started charging $20. There was another club that charged $10. I was only there once, there were only 2 dancers.
ilbbaicnl
10 months ago
Why is there this endless fascination on this board about how much money the dancers make? The only time I care is when I am talking to a dancer about how much she is about to might make from me. Otherwise, I don't really think it's any of my business, and I don't really care.
doctorevil
10 months ago
This topic comes up periodically on TUSCL. Girls can make $75/hour doing $10 dances, as long as either (a) the club has a steady flow of custies &/or (b) they have regulars that can be relied upon to show up consistently (which is not much of a stretch for girls which provide good service and who have an older clientele, particular on dayshifts which are more about spending money than partying). I agree with OPs theory that I walk away feeling happier when I got $10 dances with $x vs getting fewer number of dances for the same amount of money. So, it's merely a matter of how hard a girl wants to work for her money. It's my theory that a girl has an easier job collecting funds via $10 dances from regulars than she has by needing to hustle new custies constantly. At the clubs that I frequent where the girls have pricing flexibility, I stick to the lower-priced dancers. Every now and then, I will retest a girl that I put out to stable, to see if she has come down on her pricing. If she's still demanding top dollar, she's sent out to graze again. Will a girl buy a Benz every year with $10 dances? No. Will she make far more, and in far fewer hours, than working a low-skilled job that pays only $15-$20/hour? Absolutely! The cries of "but I'm poor" need to stop. They blow their money on candy and tattoos, then complain they should be paid more. Most dancers earn far more than non-skilled workers, as long as they don't hide in dressing rooms.
funonthaside
10 months ago
I've told this one before. I knew a dancer that lived in Tampa and danced at OZ in Clearwater. She had family in Atlanta and whenever she came up to visit them, she worked at Follies. She told me that at OZ dances were $30 but that she could make more at Follies at $10 a dance because of volume. At $30 a dance she was spending more looking for customers than she was actually dancing.
shadowcat
10 months ago
The only $10 club I’ve ever been in was the Hip Hugger in Kokomo Indiana and it’s been almost 10 years so not sure what their model is now. The place is a bit of a dive but generally had pretty white girls. $10 dances, no house frees unless you were late. The place made money on drinks and the jukebox. If the dancers were smart they begged money from the customers to feed the jukebox. At least on weekends, I’m sure the hardworking dancers made good money because they often went non stop. We often talk about lazy dancers - but I will give a lot of credit to the girls - one needed to be in pretty decent shape to go at it with minimal breaks
motorhead
10 months ago
But if Vivide dayshift was really the best money, you'd think you'd see more US-born white dancers working it. Although, I would have to say, white strippers (on average) seem to be more prone to self-defeating ego trips. Like preferring to do one $40 dance per hour than ten $10 dances per hour.
ilbbaicnl
10 months ago
I think the $10 dance is a regional thing. It doesn't work in large cities, particularly among the US born (regardless of ethnicity), because of cost of living. IMO, Hip Huggers is the best $10 dance in the nation with maybe Wax a distant second (though girls were just a smidge better looking at Wax my last visit to either place).
chiefwiggum
10 months ago
Wax is $5. Club in the city of the Detroit are $10.
ww
10 months ago
Wax, Blaze, and Seduction in ATL are all great places to spend an afternoon.
FLAP3000
9 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion