OT: Zoomslainng needed

Saturday, September 30, 2023 2:11 PM
What's the personal fulfillment that comes from doing under 10 seconds of objectively very bad lip syncing on TikTok? It's no longer bad lip syncing while jumping out of your car at a red light and doing a little dance. Anyone who was once young and dumb can feel that at least a little. We don't seem to have any actual Zoomers on here. But nicespice only missed being one by a few years, she seems to have some insight into them. In any case, it's nice to hear from nicespice frequently. So we know she's not lying dead in an alley in Camden, New Jersey.

6 comments

Zoomsplaining
ilbbaicnl
8 months ago
2 fails: 1) Doesn't even try to lip synch. 2) Decreasing rather than increasing underboob. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkLpxtA-CA0
ilbbaicnl
8 months ago
an attempt to stand out from the rest.
Jascoi
8 months ago
The "personal fulfillment" is the dream (mostly vain) that if one gets enough followers, one will be the next hot sensation and makes zillions of dollars. Many think they have what it takes to do the kind of video production day after day, week after week, month after month, that will actually make one successful. Many are delusional.
georgmicrodong
8 months ago
@GMD that makes sense, but why do people watch them? I don't agree with the gloom-and-doom value judgments about the under 40s. I think younger people tend to be better than older ones (fewer toxic tendencies). But their artistic preferences I find really inscrutable. I guess TikTok is the natural step after vlog-type reality TV, like the Kardashians. Or maybe it's ultimate video folk art, with the least possible friction between inspiration and end product. I am also befuddled by anime. When I was a kid, with some occasional exceptions, nobody watched Speed Racer unless they were really, desperately bored. Anime seems to be saying Speed Racer is the model for all future animation. The computer-aided production is better. But the plot lines?
ilbbaicnl
7 months ago
I do like a lot my former fav's shorts ( https://www.youtube.com/shorts/1M8c0a4BZeI ) . But she seems to put in a lot more thought and effort than most. And, she is Gen X.
ilbbaicnl
7 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion