Who is Trump’s “Honey Daddy” that is “co-signing” his bonds and now “owns” him?

Monday, March 11, 2024 3:37 AM
The $91.6 million bond as Trump appeals E. Jean Carroll defamation verdict is in place now, and Trump defamed Carroll again, and I quote: “I just posted a $91 million bond, $91 million on a fake story, totally made-up story,” The bond was “guaranteed” by the Chubb Corporation, an insurance group. In 2018, Trump appointed Chubb’s CEO Evan Greenberg to a White House advisory committee for trade policy and negotiations. The same could happen for the bond for the NY AG $450M judgment. Who is Trump beholden to? From Google dictionaries: be·hold·en adjective 1. owing thanks or having a duty to someone in return for help or a service “I don't like to be beholden to anybody"

13 comments

That’s not how bonds work. President 91 felonies had to post $91 million in collateral to get the bond. Chubb is a regulated public company. Doesn’t matter the connection to the CEO. No way to get around the collateral.
Hank Moody
2 months ago
Bail bondsmen received 10% of the bond as a fee and posted the entire bond.
skibum609
2 months ago
So if the rapist loses his appeal and Chubb has to pay E Jean, then what? Chubb has to collect $91 million from Agent Orange without collateral? That doesn’t sound like a good business plan.
Hank Moody
2 months ago
On Tuesday Mar 5, 2024 on Fox News Live: “Fox’s Brian Kilmeade: You have to come up with $400 million, how close are you to securing the bond? Trump: I have a lot of money. I can do what I want to do. Fix’s Brian Kilmeade: So you’re not worried about the money? Trump: I don’t worry about money.” HOWEVER “On February 28, 2024, Mr. Trump’s lawyers had asked the appeals court to allow him to post only a $100 million bond — a promise from an outside company that the judgment eventually will be paid — because securing one for the full amount was “impossible,” they said. So what is it?
CJKent_band
2 months ago
I assume that’s a rhetorical question and you’re not actually asking whether we think the Conmander in Thief could possibly be lying?
Hank Moody
2 months ago
There isn’t a bail bondsman alive that can cover a 91 million dollar bond, additionally all the bail bondsmen in this area use an insurance or surety company to cover their posting of bail. I doubt anyone posts their own money, there is almost always an insurance company involved. BTW betcha that Chubb gets a fee plus 10% per year interest and I’d also be willing to bet that the fee is more than enough to cover the cost of seizing the collateral which he surely was forced to post as well.
twentyfive
2 months ago
@twentyfive The question is what the Commander in Thief aka Teflon Don, Ex-POTUS put as “collateral” or if someone with enough cash (like Elon “Mr. Tweet“) co-signed up. In other words the question is; Who else is the Commander in Thief Beholden to now?
CJKent_band
2 months ago
^ > In other words the question is; Who else is the Commander in Thief Beholden to now?< Exactly Since Chubb is the surety guarantor, I’d really be interested in who are their primary investors I’m not sure but I believe The Chubb Group is privately owned.
twentyfive
2 months ago
Not sure where you guys are going with this. Mango Unchained had nearly $500 million in cash last year. He almost certainly had to post collateral to cover the full $91million. If not full cash, he could have offered a second lien on one or more of his properties. This is the most obvious answer but if you have reason to believe it’s something else, please share. One other aspect of this, if he loses his appeal, bankruptcy won’t prevent E Jean from getting her money. Chubb (public company) still has to pay up and then collect from him. I have little doubt the orange doofus has $91 million but he has to go through the same process on his business fraud case for another $400 million. That judgment seems more likely to be lowered, but if he loses both appeals his liquidity situation becomes much more dire.
Hank Moody
2 months ago
^ point you’re missing is there are numerous sources out there telling us he’s not as wealthy as he claims to be, never has been, just like the rest of the bullshit he spews.
twentyfive
2 months ago
The first thing on the seizure list better be the Donald's business jet. That way, when the bastard tries to flee the country he'll at least have to fly coach.😠🛫💩
ATACdawg
2 months ago
Only the lazy who leech off others care about how much money someone makes. look at all the millionaires the traitorous rats called democrats have in Congress who got filthy rich...off the taxpayer.
skibum609
2 months ago
Lol. Ghengis Don just posted on his twitter clone that he has $500 million in cash. So I guess his lawyers were lying when he said he couldn’t afford the bond? Someone’s lying and the irony that they’re lying in the context of legal filings in a fraud trial is delicious.
Hank Moody
2 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion