Why we got cheap lap dances

Thursday, March 14, 2024 2:37 PM

6 comments

How is a whole article that is paywalled allowed to be audio transcripted and published like that when in audio form? I’m not complaining, but mildly surprised.
nicespice
2 months ago
Because they get a cut of ad revenue from Youtube maybe?
ilbbaicnl
2 months ago
Since it was the NY Times that put their own story behind their own paywall they can choose to put it in their own audio podcast if they want.
whodey
2 months ago
So is your thesis that there were a lot of 18 year old women entering the job market 15 years ago (2009) and that cohort has kept lap dance prices relatively low due to their size? 2009 obviously was an awful year for the overall economy with the mortgage crisis. My understanding is the Extras boom had started before then. But I also *think* I've heard talk here that with cities facing budget crises, Vice often got cut at the same time? Again, my understanding is vice tends to be expensive and doesn't really bring in a lot of revenue. I fully acknowledge my proximity to TJ keeps my personal prices flat.
JamesSD
2 months ago
as a 9 year frequent TJ fan, prices have not stayed flat. greatly elevated now in Zona Norte since 2022 compared to what it has been.
Jascoi
2 months ago
but still pretty cheap compared to USA.
Jascoi
2 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion