Star Garden
6630 Lankershim Blvd North Hollywood, CA 91606

Credit Card ONLY

Thursday, April 4, 2024 1:44 PM
Would you ever go to a place that wouldn't even let you pay cash? The guy at the front tells me $25 BUT card only. Yeah how about no dude. That's the first of I heard of that. I know this the union club we've talked about on here so there's always on some crazy ass shit over here. You guys bitch about the ID scan, what if more clubs start doing stuff like this? And not to mention imagine a club being so dumb to turn a way a customer who was trying to give you cash in hand?

11 comments

What da fudge? I wonder if it’s a way to track sales more?
nicespice
a month ago
I will never step in a place like this under any circumstances ever in life period NO NO HELL NO
IWantHerOnMe
a month ago
Over the years I have found this more and more at places other than strip clubs especially outside the US. I always summed it up as these reasons: 1. Employee theft 2. Accounting errors 3. External theft (i.e. robbery). With every credit card there has to be a recorded transaction into a computer, think of how many drinks could be sold without a transaction in cash if the bar isn’t measuring their liquor bottles correctly? Say it’s a busy place where there’s 500 people coming through the door with a cover charge. Someone is going to get incorrect change at the door at some point during the night. Does it happen 3 times or 30 times a night? Robbery - no more paying an armored car to pick up your money or risk yourself or an employee getting rolled over taking a deposit to the bank. I agree with the OP through, not dropping the card for 1. Privacy reasons and 2. Risk of bogus charges.
shailynn
a month ago
So do you tip at this stage by swiping your credit card between her ass cheeks?
RockAllNight
a month ago
^ Honestly a great question
IWantHerOnMe
a month ago
California is a cesspool of stupidty.
skibum609
a month ago
A local restaurant / bar posted a sign that a credit card is needed for table service. Cash or credit card is accepted at the bar. The reason is customers go outside for a smoke and "forget" to return to pay for the check. Also, there is an outdoor seating area near the parking lot. Very easy for those customers to go inside to use the restroom and then go diectly to their vehicle rather than return to their table. I would never go that place because of privacy issues, risk of bogus charges and that the restaurant already believes I'm a thief.
WiseToo
a month ago
Rockallnight - some clubs sell tokens which are purchased with a credit card for tipping.
Harderlap
a month ago
^ I have seen that and also strip club monopoly style money. Strip club owners are seldom astute businesspeople. They always assume that no matter what they do, we will just fucking put up with it. I had Red Sox season tickets for a long time. Hassles and prices kept going up, so in 2017 I gave them up, haven't been to a game since pre-pandemic and no longer even watch them on free tv, unless it's on in the poker room.
skibum609
a month ago
I didn't go even go inside to see how tipping worked. I just left right there.
Muddy
a month ago
I'd almost bet that this has something to do with the strippers being unionized. The owner is not happy. I have a feeling that this club won't last much longer.
shadowcat
a month ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion