Kentucky Derby

Friday, May 3, 2024 9:21 PM
Tomorrow is derby day and realistically I know very few of you care or follow racing, but for those of you who do care and plan on betting; who do you like? If the race goes according to quality and past performances, I cannot see any winner other than Fierceness. I am fading Sierra Leone. Churchill Downs is a weird track in that some horses just don't like the surface. Point Given was a strong favorite, didn't like the track and didn't win. He crushed it in the Preakness, Belmont and Travers. Should have been a triple crown winner, but for the track. In addition a 20 horse field makes it very hard for closers and horses on the inside have a shitty time of it, which is why I am fading Sierra Leone, who is in the 2 gate. Even the amazing Curlin couldn't win from the 2 gate. If Churchill is Churchill who wins? My longshot pick started at 10-1 and I just bet him and locked in 12-1: Just a Touch. A Justify Colt with the highest average Beyer in the field. He comes from just off the pace, starts from the 8 hole and is a fine across the boeard bet.

24 comments

I don't follow it enough to know the horses or their chances of winning. That said, I always enjoy watching the Kentucky Derby because of all the history and pageantry. The ladies with fancy hats and the men with outrageous suits like seersucker, plaid or polka-dot. I like the pre-race programming where they give insight about the horses, jockeys, trainers and owners. And when the race finally kicks off I believe it really is the most exciting two minutes in sports. Then when they put the roses on the winner I always wonder whether the horse feels a tremendous sense of pride or would rather just go take a nap. This morning I saw a news report from Churchill Downs. It had been raining and track was pretty sloppy. Looks like it might be a messy race.
misterorange
15 days ago
Favorite is Fierceness, doesn't seem to have an obvious runaway winner, and the weather report conspire to maybe have a come from out of the blue winner, muddy track makes the horses persnickity, could be an exciting race tomorrow. General admission is now $275. and a Mint Julep is $22.
twentyfive
15 days ago
well if fierceness is a badass like big brown was then yeah he'll win by a city block and i'll be out of a few bucks. so be it. the time to bet fierceness to win and make a nice payday was 6 months ago. tomorrow is the time to bet against him. win bet on stronghold-this horse may actually run faster outside of california. only trainer that can make his horses run like that was baffert. exacta box with catching freedom. let's see what happens.
rattdog
15 days ago
At my local bar they bet on racing all the time. For the Derby they opened it up to know-nothings like me; random pick. I got #18 named Stronghold. I put a hundred bucks on him. He's 20-1. Whatever, at least I got one to root for!
misterorange
14 days ago
Adam Carolla says pick a horse with a name you would like as a nickname for your dick. I’m picking Magnificent Ride for my horse in the derby.
Studme53
14 days ago
i originally was going to play stronghold on a win bet but switched to catching freedom. i still boxed both in an exacta. with some of the far out results that have happened all day one might as well disregard using the racing form and just find another method of choosing picks. good luck to all.
rattdog
14 days ago
Make that Epic Ride. But Fierceness would be a good horse and dick nickname
Studme53
14 days ago
I went out and bought some fresh mint for a Julep. I had the other ingredients. First attempt, it looks horrible, and first sip tasted bad, but it's growing on me.
misterorange
14 days ago
I think my next one will just be a bourbon on the rocks.
misterorange
14 days ago
Or a Manhattan. I'm good at making those.
misterorange
14 days ago
Haha #5 took a shit while walking out. You know he's ready!
misterorange
14 days ago
Wow no kidding "by a nose".
misterorange
14 days ago
@studme I listen Adam Corolla all the time, hilarious dude
Muddy
14 days ago
How can we hear crickets from the OP, when he predicted a horse (Fierceness) that finished 15th to win? Then the horse he said would fade (Sierra Leone) ending up charging at the end of the race to almost overtake the winner and only lost by a nose!! Yep, doesn’t even have the guts to change me back here and say how lousy his statements/predictions were. It’s because he’s a gutless punk!
Mate27
13 days ago
^ I am sorry faggot loser, but unlike you little girl I have a life. Sierra Leone paid just as much to won as Fierceness. Got my ass kicked. That's gambling. "Almost". The sad summary of your life.
skibum609
13 days ago
WTF kind of response is that you gutless punk? Sierra Leone did not fade and almost won with a hard charge, in fact everything you predicted was the opposite;Fierceness finished 15th out of 20 horses. You’re so dumb you can’t see through your stupidity. No wonder you get all angry at the way the world is today, it’s because your old and jealous of the youth who have something to look forward to you fat ass 230 pound 5’8” statistical pig (your figures, not mine). I swear you’re the gift that keeps on giving, kind of like watching a telethon for Jerry’s kids. lol! You’re cheap entertainment, dummy! Aka, SkiDumb…
Mate27
13 days ago
^ Lemme share some rick insights - some ricksights, if you will - into the Fredo mind. Have you ever noticed how his grammar and spelling get even more atrocious when he’s mad? I mean really…read some of his posts and they almost seem like they’re a space alien language from a bad sci fi show. Why is that? Simple, he can’t spell because he’s typin’ with one hand and rage jackin’ with the other hand. Now you know. ROAR!!!
rickthelion
12 days ago
Sierra Leone won nothing. Nothing is what you are so you feel losing and getting nothing is an achievement. 15 out of 20 pays the same to win as second out of twenty little girl. I am old and had a great youth: 18 year old drinking age; missed being drafted; no aides; no herpes; women didn't want baby daddies; easy sex; cheap alcohol; good future. All men of today have is "me too"; trans women and men; aids; herpes; poverty; second class citizens. You have no present, no future and no life and no one is jealous of that. I am very fit, as are 95% of skiers. I look great. I look better and younger than you. I am better than you. By a lot and your post above is acknowledgement of your pathetic jealousy. Young men of today have nothing to look forward to and as we boomers age, we'll be using up the rest and leaving you zero, zip, nada, nothing.
skibum609
12 days ago
^^ lmfao at an angry, fat, short, old man who blew his knee out picking up a golf ball and then posted a thread about it!! This is the perfect example of a lying, thieving lawyer who can’t accept his time has passed him by, hence nobody believes anything yiu type. You wrote “fierceness” as your pick to win. Then you wrote “Sierras Leone” would fade. Both rong, yet you continue to double down and twist your words into an excuse for an old man who lives like it was the ‘60’s?? That seriously fucked up, yiu rage-aholic. You’re going to die from a cardiac event trying to deny your elderly status. Now go get ready for the early bird special at Denny’s you short fat fuck, and lie to the waitress how cool you were 50 years ago. SMH. The Lion is right about Skifredo. He’s also SkiDumb ….
Mate27
12 days ago
^ it makes me laugh that both of those fat hillbillies dance to any tune you play on that organ ski, I guess when people don't have a life they tend to be useless whiny impotent little turds, funny as shit ain't it.
twentyfive
12 days ago
^^ the funniest part is that 2-bits and SkiDumb posted their stats on here being 68-70 years old, over 220 pounds and under 5’ 10” trying to use the word “fat” about somebody else!!?? Here’s your sign, hillbilly!! Project much?
Mate27
12 days ago
Mate is a coward and a pussy and judging by his incorrect recollection of things I posted long ago has been in awe of and worshiping me for years. She is like a bad kid who acts out pathetically because any attention is better than none. Poor Lil Matey.
skibum609
12 days ago
^^ figures lie and liars figure, SkiDumb. Yiu out it out there and now you’re backtracking from it. Typical pussy fashion by a professional liar in thief. No wonder you’re in love with Trump and are jealous of him, because he lies way better than you. Yet just like trump you lie and deny. I bet you’re well above 210 pounds and well under 5’10”, you fat old man with extra belly jelly. lol!
Mate27
10 days ago
^said the homosexual bottom wearing a wig and panties.
skibum609
5 days ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion