They're gone. They're all gone.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 7:50 AM
Hey guys. I hope you are having a good holiday season. As the sun sets on 2006, I can't help but be wistful about what's happened to be me, stripper-wise, this year. It's not all good. Not at all. It hit me a while ago, in fact, that many of the dancers I consider my favorites I no longer see, and I don't know where they are. It started out with Cali from the King of Diamonds here in the Twin Cities. I always had great dancers (albeit table) from her, and we would always chat about whether she's going to pursue her MBA and whether she was moving to the Southwest or not. Then in my trips earlier this year, she became distant, almost bitchy. The VIP she always disappeared to didn't help. Then one day late in the summer, she was gone. None of the girls I talked to knows where she went. Jade from Hollywood Show Club in East St. Louis came next. We last spoke to each other in the spring. Then, I IM'd her repeatedly, telling her I was going back down in the early fall, but she never replied. I went into HSC; wasn't there. Finally, I had the nerve to finally call her, only to get a voicemail message from a girl not named, er, "Jade." Then why did you call me? Worst yet was Zoe from Dreamgirls. She gave the best bed dances of anybody in Minneapolis-St. Paul, hands down. Last time I saw her was in the spring. I wanted to see her around Labor Day so I called ahead, and the guy said Zoe doesn't work anymore. Not at Dreamgirls; she quit the "life." When I went to the club the head man, Zoe's friend, said she's left and plans to never come back. So far, she hasn't. And finally, there's Ivy at BJ's. She rocked my world every time we got a dance even though they're out in the open. She has a message line announcing her schedule. Well, one day I call and I hear Led Zeppelin's "Ramble On." Oh-oh. So I go into BJ's and someone tells me she quit and moved back up to Northern Minnesota. And I thought we had a connection. Look, I know all you guys will say that these are strippers, don't get too attached because they don't give a shit about you and their lives are probably fucked up anyway, why do you care? Well, I'm sorry, but I get a little attached, and when I don't see an ATF anymore I have to question again why do I even go to these places. The litany of girls, by the way, doesn't stop with those three. Niko at Whispers. Honey at the old 418. Tre with the Partytime Agency. Chloe at Choice. Angel and Janessa at the KoD. Dakota at DG's. Tara at Deja Vu. Haven't seen any of them in a long time. This is futile, but if anyone of you know their whereabouts, please let me know. And if you can, tell them I say hi. Another reason I'm in a depressed mood is that there are big changes ahead of me, profession-wise, in the near future. I don't know if I'll have enough money for me to keep up the output of reviews I've started. I have a trip to Dallas lined up, but after that I have to save my money. Yet, hopefully, I'll be able to go out clubbin' once in a blue moon. And also hopefully, my remaining ATF's will still be around. Because if Claudia at the KoD or Remy at 22 ever leave, I don't know if I can cope. Brothers, thanks for the companionship this year. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year. And next time you see her, give your ATF a hug and tell her I say hello.

23 comments

Casual: I've had decent results on the bulletin boards at Monster.com. The participants seem a bit less intelligent, but also a bit less jaded, than those at TUSCL.com. But as for finding work? Nah, I'm not in the computer industry. It's probably pretty good for people with a very specific skill (keyword search!) in which they are very specificially certified, like forklift-crane blowtorch drop-welding underwater operator, or registered licensed practical ageing incapacity physiotherapeutical arthroscope handler, or something.
Book Guy
17 years ago
I've got 2 favorites. Both are amazing...almost polar opposites except for common traits being intelligent, funny, great converstionalists, beautiful...and good souls (yeah, at a strip club, go figure). I've had favorites in the past, but none quite like these girls. I know that they'll be moving on within the next year or so. I'll personally be bummed when it happens, but I care about them enough to actually be happy for them when they do...because they truly deserve so much more than their current profession offers. Who knows, when they leave maybe I'll stop clubbin all together.
Pete22z
17 years ago
I saw a help wanted sign in a store down the road from me the other day. I guess it depends on what kind of job you want to get. This one was at a restaurant. Good luck in your job search guys. Happy New Year. May all of us be happy and prosperous. Any luck with Monster.com?
casualguy
17 years ago
Someyoung: got a product or service to sell? I sold copy-writing services, but that was a bust. People who are bad enough writers that they need the service, aren't well educated enough to know they could benefit from it, hence they don't want to pay; and people who ARE well educated enough to know that some folks could benefit from it, are generally good enough writers that they don't need it. Double-bind. Other business plans would probably be better ... :) ...
Book Guy
17 years ago
If you're serious, Book Guy, I have nothing left to lose. How should we do it? *smacks head* I was born in '76, chandler, but I saw McKay say that. Of course I didn't look at my own title.
I know what you guys are talking about. I remember one stripper showed up out of the blue and always wanted to give me blowjobs and fuck all night and into the morning. It was real hard to break up with her. In the end I didn't have to, she just disappeared one day and I never saw her again.
casualguy
17 years ago
Book Guy, you are SO right. Thank God hot ass strippers don't want to stick around. Next thing you know they'd always be giving you blowjobs, wanting you to take them out on dates, then home to fuck their brains out until the sun comes up. Who needs that? Be thankful they disappear.
chandler
17 years ago
BTW, Someyoungguy, nice Jim McKay reference.
chandler
17 years ago
PS -- very longwinded reviews, Someyoungguysomeyoungguy. I like that you have logorrhea just as do I; but I dislike that your reviews are so long that I can't find any information in them. And your chat posts ... (hmm, a little of my own medicine, hmm).
Book Guy
17 years ago
My favorite thing about strippers is that they disappear. I get a date with a civilian girl from a law firm, she sticks around. For example, we make out and she sits in my lap, but then she doesn't go away after one song. We maybe do the nasty, for another example, and then I have to find out what she likes to eat for breakfast because AGAIN she didn't disappear. I keep going out on dates in the hopes of finding that elusive disappearing girl, but because of some strange convergence of cosmit rays, they only can be found at strip clubs. I pay them to disappear. That's WHY I like them.
Book Guy
17 years ago
If it's any cause for optimism, Someyoungguy, when I think back, most of my favorite dancers came along at a time when I was feeling just like you are now. I'll be just about to give up on ever meeting another like the girl I lost track of when somebody even better seemingly drops out of the sky.
chandler
17 years ago
I've noticed there seems to be more dancers trying to routinely get dances from me than I have ever been able to afford all at one time. I don't think that is too unusual for a lot of people. I find I am having trouble remembering the stage names of every dancer I like. The other day I see a dancer who seems familiar and she comes over and sits on my lap as if she knows me. I'm thinking maybe I know her from another club (maybe?) but then she tells me her roomate is a dancer who has been hugging me and been real nice to me even though she never asks me for a dance. I don't try to figure things out and just try to have fun.
casualguy
17 years ago
Agreed. Enjoy the turnover and New Meat. Old CFs sometimes have a way of reappearing when you least expect it. DG
DailyGrind
17 years ago
I once had a favorite dancer that disappeared for 8 or 9 months. One night, I saw her back and she was dancing on stage. I went up to tip her. She screamed my real name, jumped off the stage, threw her arms around me, and started with the DFK. The DJ made some cat calls and a couple of sly remarks. I am sure some of the spectaters wondered if we were going to do the nasty, right then and there. She has been gone again for about a year. I don't think that she will be back again. Her husband got transfered. Not to worry. There are a lot more TUNA in the sea. I have met more dancers in the last year that have become favorites, than dancers that were my favorites but disappeared.
shadowcat
17 years ago
That's the fun part -- taking a while to find one. :)
Book Guy
17 years ago
This is the same story every year. Strippers disappear without a trace. Trying to track them down is usually futile. Even if they do reappear, it's not the same. Fortunately, there's always a new supply coming along. You learn to just enjoy them while you can without expectations. Being fleeting makes the pleasure sweeter.
chandler
17 years ago
Yep, it's easy for me to get attached, too. It's not a bad thing if you prepare yourself like what was mentioned, and realize it IS going to end sooner or later. This past year also saw my prev ATF "disappear", even though I also thought we were very close... As sygsyg can attest, and Chandler confirmed, it's usually futile trying to track down a dancer that is MIA. I spent some time trying to track down the MIA prev ATF that I lost track of and believe it or not, I successfully found her! After visiting her, even though she acted very happy that we were reunited, it was a disappointment as I surprisingly had lost the "fire" that I had for her, to the point that I couldn't wait to get out of there. It wasn't all bad, though.. as during that same business trip, I found my new ATF... probably part of the reason that the old ATF didn't seem as hot any more. The point is, dancers enter and leave your life all the time. Even if you find one that you really like and think you can't do without, she will eventually exit and will be replaced by a newer model. To me, that's part of the excitement of clubbing. (now, if I can just remain that philosophical when I lose my current ATF... [grin])
DougS
17 years ago
Yeah, losing atf's can be a bummer. Silver lining: There's a lot of potential atf's out there- it may just take a while to find the right one.
minnow
17 years ago
Nothing wrong with getting a little attached to these girls, personally I find it more fun that way. As long as you keep in mind that it's going to end someday, it always does. My totally unexpected and unplanned news for 2006 is that I never made it to a strip club the entire year. Part of the reason is that in late 2005 my then fave and I split because her club just got too expensive for me, plus she kept suggesting we get together OTFC and then backed out, which I found annoying. And I just never got around to looking for a new club and girl. Maybe I never will. The other reason is that I got in the habit of getting massages regularly and discovered that I enjoy them just as much as clubbing (there are a surprising number of similarities) and they cost a whole lot less. And I can do it without traveling out of town. So best of luck for 2007. I don't know what it will bring except that something unexpected will happen, it always does. The only constant in life is change - everything changes constantly. IMO that's the big secret of life - people who do the best are those who are most accepting of change.
FONDL
17 years ago
Someyoungguy: I guess you really are young. Covering the hostage crisis at the Munich Olympics in 1972, Jim McKay broke the news that the Israeli athletes had all been killed with the words, "They're all gone." Sorry to hear about your job.
chandler
17 years ago
That is the thing about ATF's. You get one, you feel connected, then they disappear without a trace. Then sometimes they just randomly appear, and then just as randomly disappear. I try not to get attached, but there are so many it's not even worth worrying about it. Besides, new ones will show up. I even gave up on my favorite club briefly because no one new would appear, but they do now.
DandyDan
17 years ago
Book Guy, sorry for the longwindedness, but I think they're chock full of information. chandler, where's the Jim McKay reference? Sorry guys, but I have to make an announcement: The temp agency called me an hour ago to tell me I've been shitcanned from my job. Everything I feared has now come true.
Hey, Someyoung, I lost mine in June. Just go to a strip club, you forget all about it ... :O) No, seriously. We should start a business together. Waddaythink?
Book Guy
17 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion