Strippers and phones

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 1:25 PM
So how much business do these girls lose by immersing themselves in there phones the moment they step off the stage, or maybe right after making the round for tips, as opposed to trying to drum up private dances? Its not like they are avoiding just me, they are avoiding 100% of the customers. Sorry, I'm not going to chase you down to spend $ on you! The poker game machines also seem to be a big distraction. Unless it just the girls who don't do dances? Maybe they only do private with regulars? Seems its not a great business decision.

34 comments

That depends. If she is texting her regulars, and you are sitting back and waiting for each girl to come over so that you can pick and choose, she’s making a good business decision. If you went up to tip her, and asked her to come sit w you, then it’s probably a bad decision. If she’s texting her friends, then she is probably only there to avoid being fined for missing, and doesn’t care anyways.
Bj99
6 years ago
Those girls are waiting for a regular to come in or setting up plays after their shift ends. Which will net them much more cash than any dance or even some VIP rates. They don’t want to risk a big spender noticing their shit not fresh.
scgato
6 years ago
Never wait for a dancer to approach you. If you want a dance be a man and approach her. If you wait for strippers to come to you chancers are only the lower end desperate ones will come around. Besides, you can actually use their gaming habit to your advantage. If gotten great mileage out of girls that were playing games on their phones or the little bar top machines by showing interest in the game they are playing or suggesting others they may like. Also, if they are playing around on snapchat or other social media sites you can offer to take a selfie with you fanning her with your money. A lot of the girls that are playing on social media would jump on the chance to show off like they are making a lot of money even if they haven't made any on a slow day. It's all about perception sometimes.
whodey
6 years ago
^ good point playing on a phone isn’t seen as anti social to young ppl. Strippers sit around together and play on their phones all of the time. It doesn’t mean you can’t go up to her.
Bj99
6 years ago
I’ve found that dancers are quite willing to come over when I tip them and let them know I’m interested. Usually the dancer will tell me the number of minutes until she will be done (with her dance and tip drill). If I tip and tell a dancer of my interest - and she chooses to play video poker - I know she’s not interested (or she’s got a regular coming in soon).
Cashman1234
6 years ago
@nj_pete - All those are possible reasons, but I agree it's a bad business decision for dancers to ignore customers, if not for the individual girl, than for the club in general. My local club, for all its (many) faults, has a strict no cell phone policy for dancers on the floor. I've also seen the (female) manager go around telling dancers sitting by themselves or in groups to get off their lazy, albeit cute, butts and chat up some customers. Side note: We had an "All-Hands" meeting with our company's new boss recently and his first order of business was to ban cell phones from all meetings, so it's not just strippers. (Unfortunately for me, this means no more reading TUSCL reviews during boring staff meetings).
PeterEaster
6 years ago
^^wrong whodey, if you plan to be a regular; at least 1 visit per wk, let them come to you. if you're new and wont be coming again to this club then yes approach. the less they approach the more money you save. so you take your savings from that earlier visit, and add the funds from your new visit. keep repeating this process, eventually your stripper funds will grow like a snowball. i call it the stripper savings snowball.
Salty.Nutz
6 years ago
Cell phones have been a problem with women since they first emerged. Its not just strippers. Need to figure something out, like maybe a Faraday Cage box. SJG
san_jose_guy
6 years ago
Salty Nutz, you may be right for someone who lives near enough to a club that they can go once or multiple times a week to the same club. I live in an are that doesn't have any decent clubs close enough for that so I only club 1-2 times a month when I am out of town. Dancers are so transient that odds are I wont see a stripper often enough for her to see me as a regular. That means I need to take control of a situation and approach dancers where regulars at the club can afford to just sit back and wait for them to make the approach.
whodey
6 years ago
Gents, all excellent comments, Thanks!
nj_pete
6 years ago
Ya, I think the thing we all assume is that her being on her phone is sheer laziness, contempt for her job and her customers, etc. But that's a pure-PL point of view, and the girls' point of view is sometimes different. - Sometimes, she just needs a few minutes to chill and gather herself. - Sometimes, she's scanned the room, decided there's no high percentage customers there for her (like any good salesperson, many of the girls are able to profile customers decently well), so she might as well sit tight and wait for her regular. Remember, getting turned down or being the subject of rude comments can be emotionally draining and that can affect her; it can often be a smart move to save herself from the low-percentage customers and be in the best mood possible when her regulars or her "type" of customers come in. - Likewise, as bj mentioned, if it's all low percentage customers, texting her regulars to come in is smart business. I always tell my ATFs to text me when it's slow But mostly, it's laziness. LOL
Subraman
6 years ago
I know of a high school Physics teacher who requires that all cell phones be placed in the cell phone jail: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5f/ea/9c/5fea9cb97818adfd53719f75f90bb54a.jpg SJG Need access to our old threads and posts! Computer Programming https://www.tuscl.net/?page=post&id=53129 Book Publishing https://www.tuscl.net/?page=post&id=50727
san_jose_guy
6 years ago
I don't see dancers using their phones on the main-room as much as in past years; perhaps many clubs are cracking down on this. I use to be militant about not approaching a dancer for a dance - I figured if they chose not to attempt to make $$$, that they were not that interested and I would subsequently get shitty dances. With time I finally got frustrated that at times I would leave a club w/o getting w/ a dancer(s) I really wanted to get with, so decided wtf I don't wanna keep missing out on some of these hot-bitches - I don't necessarily approach a dancer as in walking across the room to talk to her, although at times I may do that, but more if they are walking past me and don't acknowledge me for w/e reason I will tap them on the arm or hip to let them know my interest (the clubs I usually go to are small so pretty-much every dancer will walk past me at some point if not several times during my visit) - some girls will keep on walking past-me after I tap them on the arm/hip, could be they are just not interested, but I think it's part b/c in these small dives I hit it's not uncommon for dudes to grab at girls even though they are not intending to get dances - but for the most-part a simple tap on the arm/hip is enough for me to get their attention and dances - and the vast majority of the time it's worked out for the best in that the girls gave me good-dances and I enjoyed getting w/ them rather than missing out b/c I just sat back insisting/expecting they'd be the ones to approach me. There are many reasons a dancer may not approach and it may not necessarily be b/c they don't wanna give dances to a particular custy - mine is kinda a niche example but in my case I'm a clean-cut whiteguy that mostly hits all-black clubs - b/c of the way I look, many of the AA dancers think I'll be into the "white-looking" black-girls (slim/petite, light-skinned, cute/"pretty-faces"), whereas actually I am into the supa-thick ones and get more turned-on by the dark-skinned ones - on multiple occasions throughout my black-clubbing career (including the post-season), I've had dancers in the black-clubs eventually approaching me and telling me something along the lines of "I saw you when you came-in but I didn't approach you b/c I didn't think I'd be your type"; they eventually approached me after they saw me getting a dance, and often several dances, from a dancer that looked like them. My default preference is still to sit-back and wait to be approached - but if I'm hard-up then I start being proactive - or if I'm in a club out-of-town where I may not be back in a good long-while, I am also proactive.
Papi_Chulo
6 years ago
Take that bull by the horn and fuck her in the mouth
MackTruck
6 years ago
I agree that you have to be assertive. At least OTC, part of that means getting the phone away from her and getting it turned off. SJG
san_jose_guy
6 years ago
i thought PC was black...i sit back and let them earn it. i sit at perverts row and i tip the dancers i like (i dont say anything, just drop it on the floor and watch them bend over to get it).
Salty.Nutz
6 years ago
Bj99 and others, Here is what happened recently. I liked a girl, tipped her,asked her name and told I would like to get a dance. She was going to do her stage set. She said 'sure..' I sat in the bar and tipped her again when she walked around after her set.After her set she didn't come back to me.She did not go to any other guys. She went to DJ room and sat on couch behind him. She started checking her phone. W I was like WTH. I kept checking on her thinking that she would recognize me and comes to me for lap dance.It didn't happen.I can't go to DJ room and ask for her.I felt little embarrassed. After few minutes another girl joined her. Both of them did not make any effort to go to customers and ask for dancers. I waited for one hour and ledt. If they have tried they would have gotton money worth of atleast 4 to 5 dances.
Darkblue999
6 years ago
Have you been to that club before? All I can imagine is they have some idea ab you. When a customer is that forward, it’s weird for a girl to not want to get that dance.
Bj99
6 years ago
Strippers sitting around playing with their phones and ignoring customers is a pet peeve of mine.
TheeOSU
6 years ago
Darkblue - that is very odd. You tipped the dancer - and told her of your interest. The only thing I can think of is that when you moved - she lost track of you? Did you move from the stage to the bar? Unless you are known to be cheap or handsy - and the dancers know it - then it’s very odd for that treatment. Generally, if a dancer knows you are ready to buy dances - they will try to get back to you as soon as they can get away from their stage and tip duties. It’s odd - unless she hit her quota for the night - and was looking to just kick back.
Cashman1234
6 years ago
As Papi often points out, trying to divine the reasons a stripper does what she does can be a futile effort ... and who says there's a reason rather than it being an irrational action? That said, among the good reasons the stripper might have done that: - She knows her whale is coming, she doesn't have much motivation to spend any emotional capital on someone who she's profiled as a low spender anyway - She's already frustrated and irritated, or came into the club frustrated and irritated, and she just wants to check out for a while. And, again, she may have profiled DB as a low spender. Darkblue-->"I waited for one hour and ledt" DB... waited for AN HOUR?!?! You broke the PL code, man. That's insane
Subraman
6 years ago
You have to approach the prospective thots, it's her business what she's doing on the phone. Take control of the situation, be a man!
SCPandit
6 years ago
Bj99, Yes, I have been to that club so many times. She is new dancer. I saw her first time. She has not seen me before.
Darkblue999
6 years ago
Cashman, In this club, the main stage is inside the bar. They also have small stage on the side. Before dancers go on to main stage they need to dance on side stage.When she was dancing on side stage I went to her ,tipped her and asked her name. After she is done on small stage and walking towards big stage I told her I would like to get a dance. Then I went ans sat on a chair in front of stage..which is also bar.After her stage set is over she circles around the bar and get tips.I topper her again and smiled. Thought she would come to me.
Darkblue999
6 years ago
Subraman---> DB... waited for AN HOUR?!?! You broke the PL code, man. That's insane Yes.Subra..I am very picky at choosing dancers. I wanted dances only from this girl from this club on that day.Nobody else interested me. So waited one hour for her. She sat behind DJ looking at phone,goofing with DJ,eating something...She wasted her time and my time.May be she don't want to give lap dances but only want to dance on stage and collect tips.
Darkblue999
6 years ago
Damn Im so sorry to hear this @Darkblue999. Those girls are clearly in this business for all the wrong reasons. A whole hour went by and she didnt even ask if you wanted a dance though?? I feel for you! Like seriously... Lol. No but on a serious note I would have been pissed. You should Lmk if you ever visit Massachusetts, you won't have those problems with me:) Hell, I leave my phone locked up in my locker if I sense its gnna be a good night.
AshleyCash
6 years ago
Ashleycash , Sure.I will when I visit Massachusetts. That dancer lost the opportunity of making $150 that night. If the dancers go and ask each customer for a dance, at least 20% will take dances. You never know how much total they going to spend if they like you.
Darkblue999
6 years ago
How many dances would you have bought? How much tip would you have given the dancer? I’m curious to hear if the dancers know you are very particular - and not a big spender.
Cashman1234
6 years ago
5 dances $20 per song with $20 tip depending on her dances if she allow touching of boobs .We will take a break and buy her a drink and go for another set of 3 songs. This is how I spend if I like a girl and her dance.
Darkblue999
6 years ago
That’s pretty fair.
Bj99
6 years ago
Ashley and BJ- what's the feeling in the other side when PLs are on the phone? I know that I've ended up with a work issue that's popped up, and would guess that's frustrr
79terrier
6 years ago
Frustrating....
79terrier
6 years ago
Your approach - and your $$$ - both seem reasonable. Is it possible the dancer didn’t hear what you said? How much did you tip her when she was on stage? If you tipped her a dollar each time, and she didn’t actually hear you ask her to come over - then that might be it. It can be difficult to hear - and some dancers will nod and smile - but not hear what you’ve said.
Cashman1234
6 years ago
I think they do lose some amount of business by doing this. I take it as a clue and make my opinion that she probably isn't that into it that day/night or she's on the lower end of the talent scale. I can't recall ever approaching one who was on her phone alot. But....I will say don't discount approaching a stripper, because some of my best experiences have been from the ones I approached.
Ch3ll
6 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion