Hi-Liter Phoenix

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:35 AM
I have a question for my AZ members. What happened to Hi Liter in Phoenix?! How was it before the crack down and why was there a crackdown? Being from the Midwest I didn't hear about it until I read it on TUSCL a couple months ago and I've been wanting to know about the glory days and now the fall.

10 comments

They shit the bed
crazyjoe
6 years ago
Try hitting yourself in the nuts with a rubber hammer
MackTruck
6 years ago
Lol^^^, good one!
Mate27
6 years ago
And now for something completely different, a reasonable answer. I don't know why there was a crackdown. Likely some government official decided to "protect us" from ourselves. Was there about a year before the crackdown as I have family in the area. Went to a number of clubs one time. Went to the HL a dozen times. Great crowd and hot girls at all hours. And many of the girls were very liberal. A $10 floor dance and you could get an excellent sampling of the goods. In the VIP area, you had a 50-70 % chance of being offered extras. And many of the girls were honest. Had a great time with a girl on the floor and asked her to go to the VIP. "Don't waste your money. I give the same in the VIP as I do here on the floor. I recognize that a lot of guys come here for the services other girls provide, but I don't do any of that." She went on to talk about how she was OK with what the other girls did, because it increased her business, but she also was honest and up front with clients to avoid disappointment. Clearly the HL's reputation for being a good time was common knowledge. Thought about going back to "visit family" a few times. Then I heard about the crackdown. Sorry family. Most of the incentive has been removed from my desire to visit your city.
PutaTester
6 years ago
Old Hi Liter = Bo and Luke New Hi Liter = Coy and Vance Old Hi Liter = Old Coke New Hi Liter = New Coke Old Hi Liter = Old McDonald's fries New Hi Liter = New McDonald's fries Seriously I hardly eat fast food anymore but their fries just don't taste the same anymore.
ndnman
6 years ago
Opinions vary. Many of the dancers think it has to do with owners’ attempt to buy Centerfolds and reinstate the liquor license. A long time HL dancer told me that HL has been under scrutiny for years. Some blame it on the trafficking campaign that many politicians have embraced. Personally, I think it has to do with the super private VIP they installed.
mark94
6 years ago
@tahoecruz Are the girls no longer liberal? @25 will be very disappointed.
flagooner
6 years ago
I think Mark94 is on target. Several factors created a perfect storm that blew away the good times at the HL. Main floor $10 dances were pretty much a full on gropefest, hands up your shorts for an entire song, over the pants BJs, nipples in your mouth, and even FIV if you were discreet. Throw in tons of extras in VIP, including FS, politics with acquiring another club and their liquor license, and probably one or more disgruntled dancers making complaints. All of this was like a red carpet with runway lights for regulators and law enforcement to start enforcement, and the current course correction soon followed. A few veterans have survived above the fray and turmoil, but many others have left for a variety of reasons. Not the same, but still worth visiting IMHO.
azdd
6 years ago
From a longer term perspective, pre-internet, every major city had some form of brothel, whether a club or massage parlor. If you were new in town, it could be challenging to find them. Some advertised in the alternative newspaper. Cabbies might know. Most of the general public had no idea these places existed, so police usually left them alone. With the Internet, anyone could quickly find a map of these places with detailed reviews. Do-gooders in the thousands became aware of exactly what was going on. Politicians and demagogues ( but, I repeat myself ) decided to proclaim that women were always victims, coining the term “Trafficking” and applying it to every sex worker situation. They called themselves heroes for “rescuing” women in the adult entertainment industry. That was the perfect storm.
mark94
6 years ago
Thanks guys for the actual in-depth answers and not troll bs. I compare Hi-Liter to what's going on at PHC in Detroit. Seems like it was a great place in it's prime
PrimetimeSchein
6 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion