Feature Request

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:51 PM
It’d be cool if we could delete our own posts. There are a few things I’d wish I had worded differently or just not posted. It would be great if we could go back and delete comments, articles, or reviews. Just our own of course because we wouldn’t want to delete others posts.

17 comments

hey, only you can prevent you from being a retard.
shailynn
6 years ago
Too late. Already documented at the CIA and NSA by computers. Might be able to hide from other posters though. Alucard used a similar method. Send irritating private message. Then block them so he couldn't get a response.
orionsmith
6 years ago
The feature would be nice though.
orionsmith
6 years ago
If you PM Founder he might be able to help you out with deleting certain comments.
TFP
6 years ago
Just use the edit button.
jackslash
6 years ago
The problem with this is the same as the much-requested "Edit" button. It allows users to employ some revisionist history to their previous posts. Without heavier moderation from founder, not being able to delete or edit posts is one of the few things that keeps us (more or less) honest. Think of the several times that we've found out the identity of a troll because they posted from the wrong account. Whenever a new feature gets rolled out here, you have to keep in mind that there's more than a few guys who look at it and think "How can I troll with this?"
Call.Me.Ishmael
6 years ago
I understand your request - it makes sense - and it’s part of the request for an edit button. I like the way the discussions are set. It definitely leaves everything out there - the good - the bad - and the ugly. It’s unmoderated - and there’s no going back once you post.
Cashman1234
6 years ago
I like not having the ability to edit. When I say stupid things, i have to own up to my conduct and be responsible for it. Sure, I wish I could take back a lot of things I’ve said in life. However, the problem is that I shouldn’t have said them (or maybe even thought them) in the first place. So there should be a price we pay for the instant authorship afforded by the internet.
Huntsman
6 years ago
Well said Huntsman. I agree.
Cashman1234
6 years ago
A better request would be the ability to delete SJG's posts.
flagooner
6 years ago
I would prefer that everyone have the ability to edit SJG's posts, because that would be hilarious.
Call.Me.Ishmael
6 years ago
I would like an edit button so I could correct spelling and grammatical errors. I hate it when I re-read one of my posts and see I've made a mistake.
jackslash
6 years ago
I vote against editing posts. It would remove trolling ammunition.
flagooner
6 years ago
Edit button, but a hover-over menu lets you see what the original said. Solves the issue of grammar/clarity errors, but makes it so you can't hide it if you're just being an asshole or troll.
anon4231
6 years ago
You can ask Founder to delete posts, but there needs to be a legit reason. I had it done once because I accidentally posted a pm as a thread. I'm interested in a better way to search for your past posts. The post history only lets you scroll thru 10 posts at a time and Google's search isn't very reliable
lapdanceking82
6 years ago
“Google's search isn't very reliable” Especially when all your posts are on the same topic
realDougster
6 years ago
I could see having an option to edit your post for say 10 minutes after you post it as a means to correct spelling mistakes or to elaborate on what you were saying in that post, etc. But being able to edit it at a later point in time is not needed IMO. You posted it, live with what you said.
TheeOSU
6 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion