Hmm not sure what to do with this review

Monday, April 30, 2018 11:14 AM
On one hand he gave great back story about the club and what's been going on. But no details on pricing, layout, or his trip that night. I'm leaning towards no the review will be below The Only Private Club In Manhattan Ever since Lido's rival, SVT closed down, all the girls have flocked to Lido. The rule at SVT used to be if you work Lido you can't work SVT. As SVT plans their comeback- I wonder how this will turn out as 40% of Lido is now made up of SVT girls. They've made new rules so the girls stay in line. Change of fees if you come in late, but they raised the house fee to $120 as well, which I heard several girls complaining about. Thursday is their mandatory night and around 100 girls work. 40% of the girls are students, 30% ballet dancers that will never make it, 30% a mix of foreign and service industry girls who can't find a real job doing anything else. They got a couple new cool venues as well, however in two of their venues being the West side one and the Union Sq one always have bathroom flooding issues. Wonder what that's about. They've hired some new girls for diversity, before there were strictly white girls while now there's more Spanish, Asian and black. Nice variety going on. The manager has gotten more sleazy... is that even a thing nowadays? I saw many girls kissing up to him or giving him dances if they couldn't make their house fee. Bad policy if you ask me. Unprofessional. The manager at SVT always looked out for the girls, not take advantage of them. Why would any manager want dances from their employees? No no no.

15 comments

I'd have upvoted just on the basis of the info he provided, not looking for perfection just looking for a legitimate attempt.
twentyfive
6 years ago
I see your point Big T but he did spend time writing some info of interest. While more details are preferred, I am trying to reject only those with clearly no effort or helpful info. I voted to approve this one...
dancewdcpa
6 years ago
Backstory:. This review was approved from before members did the publishing. I got a complaint about the review. Rather than delete the review or ignore the compaint, I thought I'd give the community the chance to approve it. Thanks for helping with it
founder
6 years ago
"Hmm not sure what to do with this review" Hmmm, how about either voting yes, no, or abstaining? Just use your own criteria without worrying about how others would do it. Take off your skirt and make your own decision.
flagooner
6 years ago
Ummm...sounds like a dancer wrote it. Maybe she wants the inside scoop on reviews?
theDirkDiggler
6 years ago
Is founder trolling us as BigTezzy?
twentyfive
6 years ago
Yeah - prices would be good to put in as well as a description of the facilities; and drink prices - but he did provide enough useful and kinda interesting info albeit still incomplete - I'd give it a 'C' - passes but not great due to incomplete info
Papi_Chulo
6 years ago
"... I got a complaint about the review ..." At you at liberty to say what the nature of the complaint was?
Papi_Chulo
6 years ago
The review in question posted today Mo (The Lido Room) A TUSCL handle "Lido_Mgnt" commented: "... SVT Promo Ad ..." And a TUSCL handle "PlatinumNYC" posted: "... I spoke with a few former SVT girls at Lido and they all told me that they really like Lido and its management and would never go back to SVT if it ever opened up again ..." It did raise an eyebrow when the reviewer kept mentioning SVT
Papi_Chulo
6 years ago
Wow flag shots fired huh & got acknowledged by 25 and Founder, looks like I'm headed for the majors!
PrimetimeSchein
6 years ago
I'm fine with this review. They all don't have to follow the same format; the content was interesting and helpful.
orangepicture
6 years ago
I read that review as being written by a dancer who doesn't want to reveal she is a dancer. I think it is acceptable.
PaulDrake
6 years ago
"Change of fees if you come in late, but they raised the house fee to $120 as well, which I heard several girls complaining about. Thursday is their mandatory night and around 100 girls work. 40% of the girls are students, 30% ballet dancers that will never make it, 30% a mix of foreign and service industry girls who can't find a real job doing anything else." I really don't see the point of this information and sounds like something that a dancer would write. I would probably pass this review but it just barely passes
lolruned
6 years ago
I’d give it a yes - if I was in a good mood. This seems like a dancer posting - trying to get more money out of customers - by posting the cost structure of the club. It’s not a club review for customers.
Cashman1234
6 years ago
@lolruned - It's good info for dancers. I think it is a good thing for dancers to submit reviews and even when I review a club I try to include things that would only be useful info for dancers.
PaulDrake
6 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion