Under Armour - no more clubbing

Monday, November 5, 2018 1:40 PM
Under Armour: has a new policy prohibiting going to strip clubs on the company dime. Bad news for Baltimore, and Scores in particular. The Baltimore clubs weren't doing all that great to begin with. [view link]

14 comments

Don't know what Under Armour is. But most all employers have strict rules about drinking on company time and against being under the influence while on the job. SJG
san_jose_guy
6 years ago
The fact this was ever a thing is ridicuous! Totally unprofessional and wtf were (straight) women working there supposed to do? We have such a ridiculous patriarchal culture still. What clubs were they going to? Do you know for sure it was Scores?
Mtent
6 years ago
Article mentions Scores. Makes sense, it's the nicest one on the block. Probably Fantasies is the closest one to the office, though?
groundball
6 years ago
Under Armour is a sports clothing company that has made a fair amount of people wealthier than they were at one time based in the Maryland/Baltimore area.
Warrenboy75
6 years ago
OP's title is a bit misleading -- the UA crowd will no doubt continue clubbing their ass off. They just won't be able to expense it as brazenly as they used to. Now they'll have to get clever.
woodstock
6 years ago
@SJG - what rock have you lived under for the last 15-20 years. Under Armor is one of the larger sport clothing companies in the world and are supporters of professional teams and leagues everywhere.
Iam4u2screw
6 years ago
The funny thing is that their product line is fucking perfect for the clubs and to discreetly LDK
JuiceBox69
6 years ago
I actually own a decent amount of stock in the company
JuiceBox69
6 years ago
@lam4: So, basically, they're athletic supporters........
ATACdawg
6 years ago
I am not an athletic supporter. SJG
san_jose_guy
6 years ago
@ATA - actually that is something they don't make LOL
Iam4u2screw
6 years ago
This is sad news. I’m not sure if I should throw out my UA clothes now - due to their actions - or what! There are single, white trash, moms - who depend on those T&E dollars to support their kids!!! WTF! This is hurting some quality lapdance pussy - and it’s unamerican! Somebody needs to stand up against this short sighted accounting policy!
Cashman1234
6 years ago
Lets do the Democratic thing and implement a special business tax in Baltimore targeting Under Armor and use the proceeds to subsidize the dancers to replace their lost income. :)
Iam4u2screw
6 years ago
Sort of old news. This was a big deal about 20 years ago where feminists were bringing lawsuits to companies' boards of directors over the practice of expensing strip clubs visits. It was one of those things as women were climbing the corporate ladder and breaking the glass ceiling. There (or then) the argument was different as was the times. The argument then wasn't SJW or other BS like that. Then it was about perceived unfair practices or unfair advantages that male salesmen had over women, e.g. a man could take a client to a SC to close a sale. I always admired the women back then who did not give a fuck and did want needed to be done instead of being offended. I saw one back in the day. She would just sit down with a client in a strip club, turn the chair around, her back to the stage, and close the deal same as a man would. I respect that. If anything, that move by the feminists helped the hobbyists (you guys). Overnight about 25% of the SC sales dried up. It was easy money, too. They were largely a drink and look but don't touch group of customers. The type of customer we hate. The money vacuum was filled by strip club junkies looking for more bang for the buck. Mileage, contact, groping, sex, extras, OTC. The dancers would be willing to go less far for you guys (and lopaw) if the easy money from company expense accounts was still flowing.
Dominic77
6 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion