Long Live The Curtains DET

Friday, November 16, 2018 8:05 AM
Now that election season is finally over and done with for at least the next couple of years. Do you think the curtains will remain at clubs within the city limits? Also do you think clubs like PH will return to former glory? & Finally do you think the city will ACTUALLY let the clubs breathe and stop constantly raiding them. My line of thinking was that since everything was over it should go back to normal but who knows. Just looking for other people's opinions

17 comments

I bet you will find out soon
MackTruck
6 years ago
I don't know. The politicians and do-gooders can point to their victories in the strip clubs, while failing to solve Detroit's real problems. Maybe the strip club owners should increase their bribes. I'm hoping that the no-fun people extend their reach into the Wayne County suburbs.
jackslash
6 years ago
I'm hoping that the no-fun people DON'T extend their reach into the Wayne County suburbs.
jackslash
6 years ago
Coliseum is the only one with curtains still. Next month they are supposed to come down (via one of the irreplaceable and long term employees there). There is no god damn vice squad visiting clubs outside the city limits. I don't know why everyone bitches and whines about their anxiety over those clubs losing their curtains. And if they were to, due to stupid ass politics, it's not going to be right away anyway. Fucking whiners.
wiffle shwaffle
6 years ago
Eaaaaasy there little Mermaid; you know the deal...
Longball300
6 years ago
From the outside looking in, it doesn't seem to be about the elections - many municipalities have gone after clubs in the last few years - it appears that those in power over Detroit may be attempting to "clean it up" and "change its image" - I would assume as long as those folks are in power things are gonna stay as they are or get worse - strip-clubs are an easy-target for most of society (politicians; religious people; investors, etc)
Papi_Chulo
6 years ago
There is a club in San Antonio that isn’t private but is nonetheless a big time extras club. I’ve never worked there due to the reputation, but I’ve conversed with someone who confirmed the club reputation is deserved. And that he realized he might be an exhibitionist.
nicespice
6 years ago
Darn. Post cut off early. I was going to end what I was saying by wondering whether the Detroit area is going to end up just becoming full ratchet. Or if it would actually “clean it up”
nicespice
6 years ago
Many dancers think "clean clubs" are better - the fact is the higher the mileage often the more custies and the more custies the more dancers due to more $$$ in the club - Penthouse Detroit is now "clean" (or "cleaner") and the result is custies not wanting to visit and dancers desperate for $$$ - i.e. careful what you wish for - in any business is not about what the owner/employees want, it's what the customers want that will make the business successful. A while ago someone posted of a club that was going out of business and the employees and dancers thought it was a great idea if they bought it and they were "gonna run it right" - supposedly the club didn't last long and was a dismal failure.
Papi_Chulo
6 years ago
Detroit being high-mileage brings in a shit-ton of PLs from out of the area including other states - take away that mileage and not only will it affect the spending from the locals but no f'ing reason for hardcore PLs that are often good-spenders, to bother traveling there
Papi_Chulo
6 years ago
If you think about it, the effort to get rid of the curtains in all clubs within the Detroit city limits took several years to accomplish. Based on that, I don’t see any reason to panic in regards to the clubs in the suburbs, because I don’t think an effort to clean up those clubs will be happening any time soon. Even if a reputable source does report about a raid happening at a club in the suburbs, it will probably take several years to completely clean things up. I do see a scenario where the clubs in Detroit proper can get their curtains back. The local economy would have to take a massive hit, to the point where there isn’t adequate funding for DPD to have a vice squad. A recession is something I do not wish for, even if it means the clubs on 8 Mile can return to their former glory. Once Penthouse lost its curtains, I came to terms with no privacy in the VIP being the new norm at the clubs within the Detroit city limits. Then again, since the clubs in the suburbs have their curtains up, it was very easy for me to accept this as reality.
s275ironman
6 years ago
"... it will probably take several years to completely clean things up ..." The powers-to-be can change things literally from one day to the next - often times there are already laws on the books (6-ft distance, etc) that are usually not enforced but can be enforced at any time if the powers-to-be wish to do so
Papi_Chulo
6 years ago
^ all you need to do is look at what happened in Fort Lauderdale to see how the local government works hand in hand with a bunch of evangelical churches.
twentyfive
6 years ago
Why do you need curtains?
flagooner
6 years ago
^^ so we can give better blow jobs
NinoBambina
6 years ago
As the Detroit economy improves govt will want to improve Detroit’s image, it’s inevitable imho that the permissiveness will accompany improved economics.
Danton
6 years ago
2019 is an election year in Detroit. The incumbent mayor, the former Wayne County Prosecuting Attorney, wants to brag about cleaning up Eight Mile Road, so he has ordered a crack-down. The club owners have upped prices--cover, mandatory valet and coat check, drinks, VIP entrance and dances to get the needed extra money for bribes. It won't work. Few businesses relying on discretionary spending can make it by raising fees and cutting services (taking down curtains and stopping extras).
SuperDude
6 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion