Well that sucks... Trump announces ban on U.S.-Europe travel

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 6:38 PM

15 comments

sorry to see such restrictions. Glad I have no money in any stock markets. But I wouldn't either. I don't believe in that. I invest my money and talents in my own affairs. I wish this could be the last of the Ponzi Stock Market, but I know that is not likely. SJG Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - I Won't Back Down - 10/2/1994 - Shoreline Amphitheatre (Official) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoqLq7Zec_Q
san_jose_guy
4 years ago
@Stupid_Jerkoff_Guy, Stay the fuck off of my thread you mentally ill autistic fucktard.
BabyDoc
4 years ago
Correction: "President Trump announced all travel to the U.S. **from** Europe, **excluding the U.K**., will be suspended for 30 days starting Friday." from LA Times. Also check WAPO & NYTimes.
joker44
4 years ago
Yes it does suck, especially since it encompasses all cargo shipments. The economic fallout is going to be enormous. Expect the stock market to have another shitty day tomorrow.
rickdugan
4 years ago
@joker44. Whatever the ground truth is this bodes ill. How many US citizens are now stranded in Europe? How is exempting the UK going to prevent Europeans from simply taking a cheap hop to the UK and then to the US? Can the airlines survive (serious question)? For personal reasons, I dread the follow on shut downs to/from other places that are almost a certainty. But in the “almost” good news department Bradley Manning attempted suicide. Hopefully he will be successful next time.
BabyDoc
4 years ago
Doc: "Now if the airlines or the faggoty governments don’t prevent me from traveling then my wallet is going to be very, very welcome in a few short weeks, Ojalá" Posted correction thinking U might be able to FLY OUT of US - Glass half full:) Of course the travel ban exempting UK makes no sense except to pander to Boris J and make Trump look good. OTOH - I don't share your ill-will towards Chelsea Manning.
joker44
4 years ago
Tom Hanks has Corona. NBA suspends season. Airlines will need bailout soon. Boeing stock crash. Lots of bad news for the market.
Lone_Wolf
4 years ago
Further clarification: Homeland Security Acting Secretary Chad F. Wolf’s Statement on Presidential Proclamation To Protect the Homeland from Travel-Related Coronavirus Spread (WASHINGTON) Today President Donald J. Trump signed a Presidential Proclamation, which suspends the entry of most foreign nationals who have been in certain European countries at any point during the 14 days prior to their scheduled arrival to the United States. These countries, known as the Schengen Area, include: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland. This does not apply to legal permanent residents, (generally) immediate family members of U.S. citizens, and other individuals who are identified in the proclamation.
joker44
4 years ago
So how does this stop the spread of disease that's already here? Dow futures down over 1000 last time I checked. Must be a good plan.
RandomMember
4 years ago
This is about panic and hysteria not the virus
IceyLoco
4 years ago
Last month at poker I was a laughing stock because I was ninety percent cash. I wonder if a week from Friday when we play again If I will be a genius.
skibum609
4 years ago
@BabyDoc, airlines cruise ships and gas will all survive. The coronavirus will eventually have a vaccine for it AMD life will go back to normal. Everyone is tripping over a blip in the game called life. Just everyone wash your hands, do arm bumps when greeting your friends and family and bow with business partners. Also take advantage and buy into the stock market while the going is cheap.
Tiburon
4 years ago
I’m not 100% convinced that all the airlines, cruise ships, frackers, and Boeing survive without bankruptcy. Even if the virus levels off in a month, it could take a long time after that for customers to come back. The market may be near bottom but some individual companies could reach $0.
mark94
4 years ago
There's a lot of unknowns - this is a new virus and I think making assumptions of what it is and what will happen is grasping-at-straws - IMO comparing it to the flu, and assuming it will go away after typical flu-season, is mostly just assumptions and we can be in for a rude-awakening - many people are thinking/hoping it will go away in a month, and it may very well be the case, but I don't think one should count on it. There could be overreaction - but it seems the experts are recommending cancellations of major public events and there are cities in lockdown - I don't recall such actions ever having taken place and makes me think there is more to it that the experts know, or fear, that the general public does not.
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
BabyDoc, I'm just telling you the truth. And there is no such thing as Mental Illness, it is just away of abusing survivors. And there is not such thing as Autism/Asperger's/Neurological Difference, these are just a way legitmating the abuse of children and adults. SJG
san_jose_guy
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion