North Carolina Update

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 6:44 AM
There has been little discussion about North Carolina here, maybe since most of the clubs suck, but I got a text from a MAL club dancer yesterday (Mal owns a number of clubs in North and South Carolina) that the restaurants and bars are opening this weekend. That has not been formally announced, but is expected to be announced today. I am assuming I got the text because she thinks the clubs will open also and she will be there. I most likely will not, but I do take a return to normal as good news.

14 comments

Thanks for the news If you get any additional info....let us know
GoVikings
4 years ago
Cooper press conference tomorrow. Earliest phase II would be Friday but depends on new cases and testing numbers last 2 weeks. I think ncdhhs phase II for restaurant is 50% capacity but haven’t seen for bars
gobstopper007
4 years ago
NC clubs are the epitome of Suckiness and not in a good way ) Although I do hope Treasure club (Greensboro) and one or two in Fayetteville open ASAP !
BuckMcNutter
4 years ago
Not gonna lie i am more interested in when barber shops will open. This be far the longest i have gone without a haircut.
ime
4 years ago
I did have a few decent nights in Greensboro; would hope that when I get back to SC this fall that things are relatively normal.
Longball300
4 years ago
Will be very interesting to see when/if Greensboro Treasure Club has the limo running
gobstopper007
4 years ago
It seems the entire Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3 process is being heavily modified in a number of states. Plus, at least in red states, there aren’t consequences for businesses that push the limits. I suspect a lot of the rules in clubs are being influenced by how far dancers are willing to go in risking CoVid infection.
mark94
4 years ago
An Asheville restaurant got ticketed for opening for dine in service. They can't shut them down but they can give them a citation apparently.
magicrat
4 years ago
I loved the Treasure club experience in Greensboro.
skibum609
4 years ago
I agree that people, just like before, will take risks. I will need more time, better treatments, a vaccine or a positive antibody test personally. Maybe I could find a girl with six foot long arms.....🐙
Longball300
4 years ago
+1 on the Treasure Club and I also had a good night at Mirage when it first opened.
Longball300
4 years ago
Someone needs to head down to Treasure Club Greensboro when it opens and report back. Hopefully the Suite Spot is still as good as it was.
Ace85
4 years ago
NC starts phase II tomorrow at 5. Restaurants at 50% and bars/nightclubs still closed. Will be June 26 for phase III unless something changes. Doubt TC has enough food sales to qualify as restaurant.
gobstopper007
4 years ago
The Governor presented a modified phase II yesterday due to spikes in 4 or 5 counties in the infected rates. The spikes occurred in prisons and meat packing plants. The meat packing plants employ a large number of latinos and their infection rates are way up. The whole thing is sad and I just wish it would end. As Gobstopper stated above, the clubs will not open this weekend and could stay closed until late June.
RTP
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion