Welp Michigan Clubs will be closing again

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 2:36 PM

23 comments

Lansing — Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is ordering the closure of all indoor bars as well as most strip and night clubs through much of lower Michigan including Metro Detroit to fight the spread of the coronavirus, but is excluding Northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula
PrimetimeSchein
4 years ago
I guess I had a window. And that window has now closed.
silkypants
4 years ago
Did they specify the condition necessary to reopen?
TheElmerFudd
4 years ago
Nothing specific in the announcement, but obviously the primary metric is number & trend for new infections. The state of emergency has been extended to July 16, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if that gets pushed out again. Given the incubation period it'll take at least a couple of weeks for the latest restrictions (and more people self-restricting based on the spike) to show up in the overall trends.
WillMunny
4 years ago
I can't wait to go clubbing again in the D, in 2022
shailynn
4 years ago
I expected that after seeing this article: https://www.wlns.com/news/133-covid-19-cases-linked-to-harpers-restaurant-and-brewpub/ All it takes is one large group of dimwitted college kids. They are working on a bill in Ohio to allow bars to make their adjacent parking lots part of their serving area..... Hmmmm, open air VIP's in the lot behind the Flight Club.... To that end, the Ohio Department of Commerce is allowing many bars to convert their parking lots into temporary outdoor patios. In addition, the Ohio House passed legislation last month to set up a permanent permitting system to allow customers to drink alcohol on parking lots and other outdoor areas “immediately adjacent” to their premises. The bill still needs the approval of the state Senate and DeWine to become law. But then there's no accounting for stupid: https://twitter.com/bridgetDginley/status/1277268426990419968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1277268426990419968%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cleveland.com%2Fcoronavirus%2F2020%2F06%2Fohio-health-officials-trace-coronavirus-outbreak-to-put-in-bay.html
Longball300
4 years ago
Longball, same thing for me. Live in a small college town and there’s a fraction of the amount of students here for the summer compared to other years. Still, they managed to have an outbreak at 3 college bars over the weekend. It’s still unclear how much damage that created.
shailynn
4 years ago
Luckily no one picked it up rioting and looting and before the imbeciles called progressives whine about the riots being outdoors they need to check on all the asinine videos showing these assholes in large groups inside plotting their ignorant bullshit. On the other hand getting full contact lap dances last night was fun, here in America.
skibum609
4 years ago
A full contact lap dance..... I'm truly jealous ski.
Longball300
4 years ago
Hello! I have really enjoyed all the information on this page and also would like to share with you the link which will help you receiving some really new and helpful information for you: https://www.masterpapers.com/custom-paper
Ingailly
4 years ago
Is there an end date for the closure? Or is it just closed until further notice?
4 years ago
@Ingailly you should PM DesertScrub he lives for posters like you
twentyfive
4 years ago
With Gretch involved in may be in effect until....... oh say, 2025?
Longball300
4 years ago
In fainess to the young/dumb twentysomethings, it would have helped if the CDC et al had done a better job of putting the fear of Covid in that age bracket. If you don't pay attention to substantive news sources, it's pretty easy to still have the false impression that you have low risk of contracting the virus, and even if you do it's "just like the flu" unless you're past retirement age and/or have some serious prior medical condition. In reality there are cases where young, otherwise healthy people have been hit hard by this thing. It may be rare, but do you want to roll the dice with being on a ventilator just to get drunk with your buddies?
WillMunny
4 years ago
I guess now that they know it still doesn't matter: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/07/02/covid-parties-see-who-gets-new-coronavirus/5362758002/
Longball300
4 years ago
There are cases where young healthy people are hit hard by the flu too. A young healthy person is more likely to die in a traffic accident then from COVID.
Meursault
4 years ago
Mama Gretchen strikes again. I was actually at one of the areas fine establishments (bogarts) when the announcement hit the news sites. Threw everyone off
daddyfatsack
4 years ago
Seeing this thread pop up almost ruined everything for me. just booked a hotel in D-town to visit some of these fine establishments i've heard so much about on here
goodyman
3 years ago
The timing of this thread bump was perfect, lol
8TM
3 years ago
Whoever klarkwhite is can burn in hell for bumping this thread like that. I am going to Toledo on business for 2 or 3 days next week so I figured I'd make the hour drive to Detroit after work at least one evening. I thought this was going to ruin the only good part of a trip to Toledo.
whodey
3 years ago
Actually the governor ordered everything open at 100% capacity on Jan 22, 2021. Life is good here.
Uprightcitizen
3 years ago
...correct that to June 22nd
Uprightcitizen
3 years ago
^ did you notice that the OP is a July-2020 post?
Papi_Chulo
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion