Arizona Thread - The Sequel

Thursday, August 27, 2020 1:32 PM
Okay, I just drove by the Hi-Liter and saw...a nearly empty parking lot. I say nearly as there was a box truck unloading fresh kegs of beer. So this is coming very soon, maybe as soon as tomorrow. I'll drive by after my golf round Saturday and see if they're open. Wooooo!

102 comments

AZ club ban was lifted?
PrimetimeSchein
4 years ago
^ Maricopa County, among most others, have met all three of the governor's criteria that allows them to move from "substantial" to "moderate" levels of the outbreak, meaning most non-essential businesses (i.e., bars, nightclubs, restaurants, gyms and waterparks) no longer need a special permit to open. Btw, after I drove past Hi-Liter, I also drove by Band-Aids. Parking lot was empty, no activity to be seen. They were always behind HL in the last closure/opening, so I expect it to be the same this time as well. I will keep y'all posted. It honestly feels like Christmas Eve right now, waiting for tomorrow to see what's open (and I'm Jewish!).
Chili Palmer
4 years ago
There’s open and then there’s open. Masks. Social distancing. 25% occupancy. When’s bars reopened a couple months ago, no one monitored their compliance with protocols. Then, cases skyrocketed. This time around, I’ll bet they do. I look forward to the first reviews. And, thanks for starting a new thread. Much easier.
mark94
4 years ago
Here’s a link to what rules a bar ( with food service ) must follow. Masks on all employees and customers. Must be led to all seats and can’t change. No standing. No dancing. 50% occupancy. https://www.azdhs.gov/documents/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/infectious-disease-epidemiology/novel-coronavirus/community/bars-nightclubs.pdf
mark94
4 years ago
Desertscrub: I can’t tell if this is an alternate alpha persona you use to compensate for your beta personality in the real world, or if you really are this disturbed and angry. You’re a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
mark94
4 years ago
I personally disagree with CA girls, when i went to bourbon they were probably some of the hottest girls there. hot girls dont know they are not funny or have a personality, thats the problem with being hot
Salty.Nutz
4 years ago
Hi liter opens today at 11AM according to their Facebook page.
silverton3
4 years ago
Hi-Fatter is a more appropriate name based on the last few times I was there. Let me know if the dancers have "thinned" out will ya?
nickifree
4 years ago
Skeet! Skeet!
Mate27
4 years ago
Oh yeah. Definitely open. /insert Beavis laugh here.
Chili Palmer
4 years ago
Great news! Wallet was heating up. I knew something was up.
Lone_Wolf
4 years ago
Broke in the VIP room. More details later.
Chili Palmer
4 years ago
Bourbon & Sugar44 both open.
Richard_Head
4 years ago
Damn it should I hold out for TJ opening or go to phx. Timing the pussy market is...well ok it’s pretty easy
SanchoRG
4 years ago
Boys, I’m flying to PHX tomorrow! Which club should I go to and review tomorrow night and Sunday night?? I like’em slim and tall and happy to play.
Redmonwin
4 years ago
->@scrubster: "bring it on.. i am so horny i could fuck a tree at this point!!" Begs the question - if you were to fuck a tree, scrubster, what species would be the object of your affection?
DeclineToState
4 years ago
@Redmonwin "Bourbon Street Circus" first and utmost. You might also want to try "Christie's" in Tempe.
nickifree
4 years ago
Thanks @nickifree! Both are now priorities!
Redmonwin
4 years ago
thinkin of a visit to the family and sc’s in phx...
Jascoi
4 years ago
...but not in that order right Jascoi?
nickifree
4 years ago
Dayshift adjustments: Bouncer greets you at the door and takes your temperature, then walks you to your seat. Expects a tip (give him one; he also checks in the VIP girls). I walked in wearing a mask and took it off when I sat down. Only 4 dancers on early shift (@nickifree: 3 slender girls and one curvy, not fat dancer). I left very satisfied, even with those slim pickings. Probably head over to BSC tomorrow instead of HL, or maybe both. We'll see.
Chili Palmer
4 years ago
^^^ if they try to scan my ID, I’ll turn right around and walk away.
Mate27
4 years ago
This was not one of the bouncers who knew me, and he didn't even ask. Not sure if that'll be the same for everyone, but that was my experience.
Chili Palmer
4 years ago
who *didn't* know me
Chili Palmer
4 years ago
@Meat72 - that is the right response. Nothing good can happen when a strip club scans your ID. The only way to get them to stop is if enough people do the right thing and refuse to let them scan our IDs.
winex
4 years ago
Mark mentioned monitoring a few posts up this thread. I hung out for a bit in Old Town Scottsdale last night. The Scottsdale PD was stopping be places that were open so there was a monitoring of process in that little area of the town. Scottsdale is where drinking celebrities go to get a DUI so it is a known heavy LE area. I don' t think that will happen in Phoenix just because it's too big and spread out but I think enforcement of rules is a little stricter.
mike710
4 years ago
@Chili Palmer You wrote, and I quote: “Broke in the VIP room. More details later.” Pics or it didn’t happen. :D
CJKent (Banned)
4 years ago
desertscrub's post in this thread should be put into the TUSCL hall of fame
JeezyScheezy
4 years ago
Scan my ID AND record my temperature??? Hmmm...
nickifree
4 years ago
Back today early (no BSC, that'll be Tuesday). Was led to my seat by the doorman. Itty-bitty titty committee out in force early. I did get dances from two attractive, slender dancers, Rose and Mozzie. Both are nice for a couple of dances on the floor, fun to chat with, but not VIP material, IMO. Finally about 12:30, a Latina with just the type of enhancements I was looking was looking came out of the dressing room. One dance on the floor, nine in VIP. Honest count by the floater (!). Tipped well and left.
Chili Palmer
4 years ago
I drove past the Candy Store earlier this evening. I saw no lines going out the door, but I only saw about six vehicles in the parking lot. Otherwise, I can mostly confirm Scrub's findings. A call to the Candy Store got me this info- No floor dances, stage and VIP only. I didn't ask if the stage could be approached. Temp will be taken at the door. Full bar open (No shit, Mr Bartender? Thanks for that nugget.) Hours are 11AM to 2AM. Checking ID wasn't mentioned, but they wouldn't, would they? During the shutdown, there was shitload of activity going on, possibly remodeling and upgrading. Perhaps they put in a food prep area, but I don't know where they'd put it. Waaayyyyyyyy back when they used to serve food, it was prepped offsite and served from steam tables. I was as delicious as it sounds. I may take one for the team tomorrow so we can all have a live after-action report. The shit I do for you guys.....
Mainster
4 years ago
Two old town Scottsdale night clubs have had their liquor licenses indefinitely suspended, one day after re-opening. They flaunted the occupancy and social distancing protocols and, 24 hours later, bye bye liquor license. Sounds like a warning shot to all the other bars.
mark94
4 years ago
I just landed in Phoenix boys! It's 10 pm and I'm about to call for an Uber to Bourbon Street. Send me last minute tips or review requests!
Redmonwin
4 years ago
"bring it on.. i am so horny i could fuck a tree at this point!!" ^ your welcome for last night desertscrub. You did better than fucking a tree 😉
BBBC
4 years ago
"eating with your elbow anchored to the table so you peck at your food like a chicken." ^ that sounds soooo familliar! Like the way you go at the black sausage to get to the gravy 😉. You crack me up with your jokes sweetie 😂😂😂
BBBC
4 years ago
CP, I was at the HL on Saturday too, review submitted. I ran into your slender friends, OMG they are hot.
Richard_Head
4 years ago
R_H, thanks for your 2 recent reviews. Which PHX clubs(if any) scan one's driver license ?
minnow
4 years ago
I’m not sure which clubs are scanning ID’s. HL has in the past, they didn’t on this most recent visit, they may still do so in the future though. Same for Sonny’s and Bandaids I believe. Bourbon never has, same for Sugar 44. I don’t recall it at either Christie’s. Not sure on the others.
Richard_Head
4 years ago
up in vegas clubs constantly scan id’s. i got very used to it starting late 2011. actually thought as a normal. never noticed a problem with it.
Jascoi
4 years ago
I almost didn't make it to the Candy Store, but things finally calmed down for me around sundown and I was able to drop in. Not many girls, a fair number of customers, and no less than eight women among them. That was probably the most lady mongers I've seen in this club ever, even pre-Plague. I'll be writing a review presently.
Mainster
4 years ago
CP, can you describe Mozzie? She sounds like my old roommates sister, and the dancer name lines up with her old nickname
Skippmarooch
4 years ago
Mozzie is tall and very slender and toned. A-cups, medium length dark blonde hair.
Chili Palmer
4 years ago
Officially on vacation and figured I'd visit a couple of spots this week. Any suggestions on where to visit in these covid times? I'll be visiting in the early afternoon most likely unless someone has a reason to go at a different time.
Meyou1
4 years ago
My afternoon go to is Crowley at Sugar 44. Closed on Labor Day
SaltyNuts
4 years ago
I'll be going tommorrow. Never been to Sugar 44. I'll make a stop there.
Meyou1
4 years ago
Intel from last Tuesday: Bourbon Street Circus: Covid changes: Now has "touchless" sliding glass door for entry & exit, which means real door stays open and you'll never hear anyone complain about how dark BSC is again. Outdoor light actually makes it to the first table by Stage #3. Every other table is now blocked off for social distancing. No changes in VIP setup. Still doing temp check and hand sanitizer spritz upon entry. Line-up @ 12pm: Lira, Cherry, Summer, Audrey, and Royal. Got 2 laps from Summer, she's new and it shows in her technique. Nice girl, might get better. None of my regulars were working last week, unfortunately. Band-Aids is now open again. Covid changes: regular seating & VIP remain the same. Drinks now served in disposable plastic cups. A delicious menu to choose from: Ham & Cheese or Turkey & Cheese, either are $10/apiece. Yum! (LOL) Band-Aid girls are Band-Aid girls. If you know, then you know.
Chili Palmer
4 years ago
Bumping this up as I'll be back in PHX for work in a couple weeks. Interested in hearing about which clubs are still doing lapdances/VIP and dancers to see/ROBs to avoid.
trapdoor
4 years ago
Wife and I went to Candy Store Thursday night. It was very busy. Temp checks walking in. No lap dances but did see plenty of customers shuffling to the VIP rooms. So I’m guessing that’s still happening there.
Jonsnow76
4 years ago
Don't expect much. Sugar44 is VIP only dances, and they rarely have more than a few dancers at a time working. Hi-Liter is like the Monty Python cheese shop sketch, in that it is certainly uncontaminated by dances at all. Bourbon Street is giving dances, but, more often than not, too few dancers to go around (today there were TWO dancers there in the early afternoon). You might try Christie's in Tempe (not Phoenix). Right now, though, in Phoenix, it's a desert outside and inside. Some of the west side clubs might be open, but, hey, it's the west side. Sorry, not sorry, not going there.
Chili Palmer
4 years ago
"Hi-Liter is...uncontaminated by dances" 2020 is the strip club upside down world.
wallanon
4 years ago
I heard the Liter is stage only. Also heard vip at dirtys was shut down? Is the circus on a street with a type of alcohol drink doing stage dancing? Can you approach the stage and tip (without just setting down the dollar (s) on stage if you are wearing a mask? I've heard -maybe on here somewhere-that if you are not wearing a mask (over both mouth and nose) close to the stage the dancers would tell you to just set the dollar down on stage. Not sure how long ago I read that though.
Heellover
4 years ago
There have been periods of crack downs in the past when the fun stopped in Phoenix. The difference this time is there is nowhere on earth where the fun continues. What weird times we live in.
mark94
4 years ago
List of restaurants closed due to the pandemic. Some surprising names on the list including Twin Peaks. https://www.abc15.com/entertainment/events/at-least-45-bars-and-restaurants-in-phoenix-have-closed-amid-the-covid-19-pandemic
Lone_Wolf
4 years ago
Saw Tilted Kilt on the list but not Twin Peaks. I always get them confused as well. Hopefully the location around 20th and Camelback is still open.
mike710
4 years ago
Just saw a video report from Sweden. New infections, nationwide, around 200 per day. No one wears a mask. No one. Restaurants are full. Schools are open. ICUs are empty. There is hope.
mark94
4 years ago
"The difference this time is there is nowhere on earth where the fun continues." Do you mean the Earth around Phoenix or the actual, entire planet Earth?
wallanon
4 years ago
^^^^What Wallanon said. Lol at dude speaking about no fun on all of planet earth. Meanwhile it's dudes right here on this forum writing reports of times spent at clubs that sounds like a lot of fun to me. And that's not even including the other 80% of the planet.
TFP
4 years ago
Is HL still opening at 11a? Or are their hours changed during the pandemic? Few more days and I'll be stepping foot back inside a club for the first time since COVID shutdown! Do I sound excited? (The answer is YES!)
trapdoor
4 years ago
I wouldn’t get too excited, unless you like talking to bikini girls who aren’t allowed to dance with masks on. No action going on per orders from the governor, even in VIP. Try other clubs like. BSC, Christie’s Tempe, ie Sugar 44 VIP.
Mate27
4 years ago
Plan on hitting up all the clubs I can including S44, BSC, Candy Store, and HL. With the SF Bay Area still shutdown, I have nothing for my wandering eyes other than the San Jose Viet Coffee shops which are no match for an actual strip club.
trapdoor
4 years ago
It's not getting any better... Was at BSC this afternoon. Three dancers (one was there to see me, one was there to see another customer) and one girl who just went back to the dressing room after her stage time. Worse though, was that as of last Tuesday, the VIP has now limited seating to just 3 of the 7-8 booths normally available, and dancers wear masks full time, even in VIP. You've been warned...
Chili Palmer
4 years ago
"The horror...the horror..."
wallanon
4 years ago
Appreciate the update, CP! Feels like my enthusiasm for this upcoming trip is slowly declining. Regardless, I haven't seen the inside of a club in months and the PL in me has reached epic proportions. Will be sure to adjust my expectations.
trapdoor
4 years ago
Was at BSC yesterday around 6pm and definitely fewer girls than usual but some very encouraging signs! Saw both Kat and Jordan there so some of the good ones are coming out of isolation. Dancer wears a mask in VIP and every other booth is closed off but the grind is as good as ever
SanchoRG
4 years ago
"Feels like my enthusiasm for this upcoming trip is slowly declining." Dude, it's tits and ass. You never know when you'll find that girl who decides not to give a fuck and rocks your world. Go and have fun.
wallanon
4 years ago
I was at Centerfolds Friday around 11:30 PM when people from the Health Dept showed up. They looked like a bunch of Minonites on a crusade against sin. If these are the folks making the decisions on strip clubs, all of us pervs are fucked Have whatever fun is available because I doubt it will be available for long.
Lone_Wolf
4 years ago
Hey Lone_Wolf, I think it's "Mennonites". I used to have this weird luck where a bunch of girls I dated were from Nowhere Pennsylvania so I saw them around. Some looked like they were rocking some hotness under all those little house on the prairie clothes, but I digress. Not to be the spelling police, but I read your post way different the first time and had to take a second look.
wallanon
4 years ago
I was at Sugar this weekend. Unfortunately, they shut down VIP. You can get a "socially distanced" private dance in the re-opened VIP by the bar. However, there is no point in getting non-contact dances. They have a curtain that is see through with a bunch of gaps so you can't get away with any contact even if the dancer was game. A few guys payed $20 a dance while I was there. I saw the dances as I walked past the area to go to the bathroom.
mike710
4 years ago
I screwed up by putting a review of BSC under HiLiter. I redid it but the first one got approved. Just saying sorry for the mess up to the AZ group
mike710
4 years ago
Such a weird turn of this discuss. Now I want desertscrub to pass me a few numbers... ha!
sexmeplease
4 years ago
A dancer told me Bliss has closed for good. Anyone hear the same thing?
Lone_Wolf
4 years ago
I haven’t heard, but Bliss closing would be good. Even pre pandemic, it was a waste of real estate.
winex
4 years ago
So, I was at Band-Aids today. The VIP section is closed. The little booth area to the right of VIP is open for some semi-private pseudo-dancing, but that is all. On the floor, the dancers are only able to "dance" for you while sitting in a chair next to you. (Yes, it's as awkward as it sounds.) It's no wonder my girl there said, "It's been really slow here." Duh.
Chili Palmer
4 years ago
Thanks Chili. You just saved me a long drive. Man, the SC scene gets bleaker and bleaker in the valley.
Lone_Wolf
4 years ago
I’ve heard that Curves in Tucson is open again. One of my faves sent me a text that just said “It’s fun again”. I’m sure they are being very cautious since their liquor license was suspended over their recent compliance issues. Will try to check it out in the coming week.
azdd
4 years ago
I stopped into the HL this afternoon, 6-8 girls, VIP blocked off, no dances anywhere, sporadic main stage dances, massage girls were staying busy though. I didn’t stay long.
Richard_Head
4 years ago
Is Curves the sister club of Hi-Liter? If so, might be a good sign that it is open.
Lone_Wolf
4 years ago
https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2020/10/19/grand-avenue-topless-bar-closed-over-social-distan.html
tete1526
4 years ago
Shit. Another one down.
Lone_Wolf
4 years ago
These lap dance nazis have too much time in their hands.
Richard_Head
4 years ago
I was just going to mention that I heard Dirtys was shut down. Guess I am late to the (information) party.
Heellover
4 years ago
The Candy Store shut down VIP today. Talking to the bartender, apparently the health department has been sending people to clubs "undercover" and closing people down. Candy closed down their VIP "until after the election" (according to on of my favorite dancers). They want to make sure they don't lose their liquor license.
tomaaa
4 years ago
There was a time when Arizonans had to cross over to Nogales to get strip club fun. We may see a return to those bad old days, post-Covid.
mark94
4 years ago
Dudes I keep telling you that strip clubs are the low hanging fruit for appointed offices to show that they are doing something to justify their positions. The TSA with its big money will help elect the next governor (or re-elect), and with the Super Bowl coming on the next 2 years along with several other sporting events these agencies need to show how they’re cleaning up this place do they can get reappointed by the governor. Liquor board is appointed by governor and there isn’t much else for them to show other than enforcing rules on strip clubs. Best to lay low for now until this passes. There’s nothing else to do so these agencies have to do something to keep themselves on the payroll. Strip clubs are at the bottom with nothing else to fill the void until after the elections.
Mate27
4 years ago
Scrubby, its okay, you can tell, i dont mind at all... tee hee 😉
BBBC
4 years ago
Dude, don't even joke about traffic jams lol
wallanon
4 years ago
I went to Curves today to follow up on the “It’s fun again” text I had received last week. Well that text is now out of date. They are now enforcing a six foot rule in VIP, with no touching. No floor dances at all. I tested the VIP with a couple of girls, one a long time fave, and they pushed the boundary as much as they thought they could get away with, which wasn’t much. the manager/clipboard guy was cruising by all the time to ensure compliance. I won’t be back for a good while until I know it’s much better.
azdd
4 years ago
Latest I heard was no more vip dances at Candy store for a couple of weeks until election is over. Don't know how accurate that info is or if it's really a huge loss anyway. Not surprised anyway.
Heellover
4 years ago
Apologies to tomaaa for reporting what he had already reported (candy store). I hadn't seen his report on here when I posted it. Promise I wasn't just reading his report and reposting haha
Heellover
4 years ago
Fox 10 news at nine has a segment regarding bars tonight. "what you can and cannot do" only three I heard mentioned were darts, karoake, dancing. Think they are all a "cannot", but know dancing win be cannot.
Heellover
4 years ago
Will be
Heellover
4 years ago
I have a feeling we're in for a long winter. Even with the mask mandate Europe is seeing a 2nd wave and it seems like seasonality is a factor which means USA is next. If Biden wins he's already committed to putting Fauci in charge in a czar-like appointment. With the Democrats in control I don't see a lot of hope for visiting our favorite establishments anytime soon. Even if Trump wins he can't stop the media from hyping the panic and local jurisdictions from shutting shit down.
tete1526
4 years ago
The wheels have fallen off the wagon, load up on water and non-pershiables (rice/beans). We have to deal with COVID and the civil unrest following the election. You have about 2 weeks to prepare.
Salty.Nutz
4 years ago
Bars, gyms, restaurants will close by tuesday.
Salty.Nutz
4 years ago
New meaning of PC (pathetic club). I'm getting an airbag recall done at a dealership on Camelback Rd and decided to wait in HighLiter instead of the dealership customer lounge. Five PLs hanging out using their cellphones, one dancer, empty stage at 1PM. Actually really sad to remember what the SCs in Phoenix were like less than a year ago. I wonder how these clubs can survive in this COVID19 environment. Butterfly, Katana, Brittany...... Where are thou???
SaltyNuts
4 years ago
Desertscrub again contradicting my predictions, i called out the mask mandate and you stated that would never happen. i am nostradamus. Deaths are low because theres a lag about 14 to 21 days. New cases/deaths reported today are not yesterday's, it takes time. the seasons are not to our advantage.
Salty.Nutz
4 years ago
Watched the news for first time in a long time (more than just a tiny bit at a time usually unplanned) to see the report on what's allowed and not allowed. I was wrong. So allowed was pool and karoake (with a mask on at all times). The karoake with a mask was the biggest part of the topic. I think darts were allowed. It did mention dancing was not allowed (of course). Also talked about the lawsuit filed by several bar owners. What was funny is they mentioned axe throwing was allowed and they pretty much made a joke that that certainly had to be more dangerous than dancing. Was actually an OK segment and better than hearing about hot weather and "statistics" about the corona.
Heellover
4 years ago
Yeah and where's Butterfly? I had only seen her once as it was my first trip to the HL at the time and then she was gone. I never got to enjoy her "company".
Heellover
4 years ago
Last I had heard she was dancing in Vegas, but they didn't mention which club. No idea if she is still dancing there since that was reported a year or so ago.
trapdoor
4 years ago
Skins Cabaret shutdown https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuing_coverage/coronavirus_coverage/scottsdale-strip-club-closed-down-indefinitely-due-to-covid-19-violations/article_37ebd7fe-17cf-11eb-b7d9-ef3adcfc0929.html
Lone_Wolf
4 years ago
While they're at it, they need to close down Bones in Scottsdale or wherever that place was. Awful! The girls are all ROBs and the club is terrible.
trapdoor
4 years ago
^^^ Or after the Super Bowl
Mate27
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion