Tips During COVID

Friday, October 9, 2020 8:46 PM
For those clubs that are open, I’m curious, do you find yourself tipping more during COVID than before? Or less? I imagine dancers appreciate extra tips during these hard times. Curious how this relates to negotiations in the VIP too.

17 comments

Can you give me more than that? In recent weeks you told me that I was fresh off the boat. And here I was thinking that I was an American all my life. Also,mehich dancer profiles am I using?
winex
4 years ago
How bizarre! This post cross posted from another thread.
winex
4 years ago
It did seem a little out of place lol
wallanon
4 years ago
Haha no worries, I was wondering what you meant lol.
SneakySecret2
4 years ago
I've been tipping a little more where business is slow, but as crowds have gotten a little closer to normal in some clubs I've gotten back to my normal range.
wallanon
4 years ago
Tip for Covid, don't swim in lumpy water
MackTruck
4 years ago
Tipping because of covid? You can if you completely forget the overcharge in everything. Might be the only time you will have a better deal
Cookiesandcream
4 years ago
it’s hard to pay a covid $20 cover (at one of my favorite LA clubs) when all the times before they honored the free pass...
Jascoi
4 years ago
I tip the people I knew before covid very well. For example, I tipped a bartender at the airport $20 on a tab that was less than that. Why? Because he had a kid at the beginning of the year and I had not seen him since. My bill was 1/3 less than the same order I had placed with a similar bartender earlier in the week. My friendly bartender has always taken care of me so I take care of him. People in the hospitality industry are hurting. I have always looked at individuals rather than the business as far as tipping. These workers getting limited shifts have no control over surcharges.
mike710
4 years ago
I tip much better now for all customary “tipped” service workers everywhere I go. I used to tip 20% routinely, now it’s more like 30% or higher, sometimes much higher. I don’t routinely tip dancers on top of the dance price. There is another thread on this subject.
doctorevil
4 years ago
Tipping more and going more frequently than pre-covid. Most going to my dancers vs staff. NAAAASTY
NAAAASTY
4 years ago
I tip the CR guy and waitresses/bartenders more.
skibum609
4 years ago
"You can if you completely forget the overcharge in everything." This is something that separates strip clubs from other businesses. I don't go to regular night clubs, so don't know if they've jacked up prices and forced extra fees on customers. The question was about tips in strip clubs. Without getting into how I tip at other businesses, every local strip club is charging more. The local club I would go to regularly post clubocalypse forces food purchases and can't keep a stable lineup. If the experience balances out what I'm spending, good to go. But if it's like some ultra desperate speed dating where I'm having to tell a different batch of girls no every time, all while trying to see if there's someone I'd like to actually meet and absorbing a food tax just to have a drink in front of me, that's a run on sentence and more trouble than it's worth. To me tipping is a cost of doing business. If I'm not interested in doing business, then tips are going to take a hit because I'm not spending like I normally do across the board.
wallanon
4 years ago
I just read about something called the Hot Waitress Economic Index. If there are a lot of hot waitresses, it’s a sign that the economy is struggling. When the economy is strong, hot women don’t need to waitress.
mark94
4 years ago
Is that from the same guy who did the hot/crazy matrix?
wallanon
4 years ago
I've had a great financial year. https://www.amazon.com/Stripper-Support-Mothers-Sticker-Decal/dp/B010G2XNFK
Tetradon
4 years ago
Less, because they are no-contact now. No slipping the cash in the garter while copping a feel, instead drop it in this pitcher/box/pot/whatever.
ancientlurker
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion