CNN "cancels" Ice Cube

Friday, October 16, 2020 7:45 AM
Apparently CNN decided the "optics" of Cube even communicating with the party currently in power was reason to disassociate themselves with him. I guess they'd prefer he just whine, complain and protest rather than take action that might actually move the needle on the issue. More evidence that the media doesn't care about solutions unless they come from the "left." From the LA Times: Ice Cube is under fire after a senior advisor to Donald Trump revealed this week that the rapper has been collaborating with the president on his "promise to Black America." Now, as backlash brews, he says CNN has canceled his upcoming appearance on "Cuomo Prime Time." But Ice Cube insists his loyalty is solely to the Black community. In July, he released his Contract With Black America to advocate for police reform, affirmative action in the education system, abolition of private prisons, decriminalization of marijuana and elimination of mandatory minimum sentences, among other proposals. On Wednesday and Thursday, the N.W.A. star — who has long been a vocal critic of Trump — defended his decision to work with the White House, arguing that "Black progress is a bipartisan issue" and "talking truth to power is part of the process." Several accused the rapper of crossing over to "the dark side" by associating with Trump, who has made a slew of racist comments throughout and leading up to his presidency — and infamously refused to condemn white supremacists at September's presidential debate with former Vice President Joe Biden. "Every side is the Darkside for us here in America," Ice Cube wrote Wednesday in a followup tweet. "They’re all the same until something changes for us. They all lie and they all cheat but we can’t afford not to negotiate with whoever is in power or our condition in this country will never change. Our justice is bipartisan." "I will advise anybody on the planet who has the power to help Black Americans close the enormous wealth gap," he added Thursday. [view link]

16 comments

CNN, like other leftist outlets, does not allow black Americans to think for themselves. Does anyone still doubt that the MSM is the enemy of the people?
gammanu95
4 years ago
Black Americans, with their history of involvement in the church, are more conservative by nature than the party that pretends to represent them. They are actually natural allies of the christian right and when more brave souls tell the left to fuck off and join with their natural allies, things will be better for all Americans and not for Democrats at all. Cheers Ice!
skibum609
4 years ago
He might have a point, I’m wit it 🤷🏾‍♂️
WavvyCain
4 years ago
"Black Americans, with their history of involvement in the church, are more conservative by nature than the party that pretends to represent them." Skibum has a point. My family went to church for years. I dont ever recall the church supporting abortion, LGBT groups, rioting and looting when you don't get your way, hate for the white man, or destroying the patriarchy in favor of women being in charge. But thats most of what the left pushes nowadays, hate and degeneracy. And the "black community" just goes along with it. 🤔
chessmaster
4 years ago
I am a Black American, so here's the truth from my perspective. Many news outlets didn't delve into what Cube actually said and did. One of the key rules of journalism is to verify information from at least 2 sources. The obvious first source is Cube, himself. Roland Martin actually interviewed Cube to get his perspective and have an intelligent conversation about what Cube actually said and did and his rationale behind it. I appreciated the conversation because it gave context and reason rather than conjecture and hype. We, the public, need to explore multiple perspectives of a situation before drawing a conclusion. You might end up the way you felt at the beginning but at least you checked out other opinions. The only way to get to the bottom of something, is really go in, even if you have misgivings. Do the work and don't just by the first piece of hype because you might miss valuable information.
oscarlomax
4 years ago
^^ oscarlomax I don't know (or care) which political views you lean toward - you are 100% correct. Most so-called "news outlets" these days are nothing more than 24 hour infomercials. CNN cancelled Ice Cube's appearance because they don't want anyone to challenge their motives or agenda with reasoned logic. It's like if I was producing a TV infomercial for a household gadget, I wouldn't feature people who bought it and, after using it, thought there's some other/better way of doing whatever the product was designed for.
misterorange
4 years ago
White liberals know what's best for black people and know what is like being black even better than black people - of course they can't allow a black person to think for themselves b/c they may make a bad decisions like voting Republican - per the elites black people just need to STFU and stsy black.
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
Papi plenty of those type here on TUSCL.
ime
4 years ago
Here's what Cube actually said: (paraphrasing) "I'm not a supporter of Trump or Biden. I'm a support of a black agenda that allows black people to move forward. " I agree with him on that point. Cube put out feelers to both Biden and Trump's people to have a conversation about this document he's put together with the assistance of some really intelligent people to articulate a very specific agenda. Biden's folks told him they would address it after the election. Kushner, from Trump's camp, met with Cube and vowed to make to some changes in their "Platinum Plan." (which I've read and think is a cosmetic joke) Cube's rationale is that he needs to have access to whomever is in power. He didn't endorse anyone. He simply laid his plan on the table. I do subscribe to the idea of having no permanent party loyalties but having loyalties to issues that help me. But character counts also. So does honesty and one's personal history and intelligence. I've been called "arrogant" by some (I own that because rampant stupidity offends me!) and "uppity" by others. (I own that shit too! Proudly.) My politics are closer to Killer Mike, Dr. Greg Carr, Francis Cress Welsing, Harry Belafonte, Angela Davis, Dr. Claud Anderson, and Roland Martin. Not about party. About social and economic truths that affect my life.
oscarlomax
4 years ago
Really dumb. Ice Cube is exceptionally talented. Guy is no fool either afaik he’s college educated.
SanchoRG
4 years ago
Ice Cube is on Cuomo’s show right now.
Hank Moody
4 years ago
I guess they changed their mind after he called them out. Too bad I missed it. Would have liked to see if that idiot Fredo said anything about it.
misterorange
4 years ago
It’s election season. People are making decisions and flip flopping very quickly based on public reaction. Trump’s flip flop on giving California fema aid for wildfire cleanup happened in a couple hours today too. Glad he did it. I’m ready for the blue v. red states war to be over.
Hank Moody
4 years ago
Apolitical and just trying to get his message heard. And he was punished just for speaking to both sides while being apolitical. So much for the democrat party as the party of tolerance. They cannot have any college-educated uppity blacks discussing issues that would help poc with Trump's administration. The dnc owns the black vote (their belief, not mine).
gammanu95
4 years ago
What did Ice Cube say when he was interviewed on Fox News?
Richard_Head
4 years ago
He's a has been trying to cash out on his former fame ans an opportunity to be a contrarian.
IceyLoco
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion