Synn COI Shutdown?

Friday, October 23, 2020 12:55 PM
SoCal friends, anyone know why Synn was shut down last night? Was it COVID? I heard Spearmint Rhino COI was struggling too? Just curious. I was thinking of going to Sahara Theatre tonight, but shutdowns always make me nervous

13 comments

I don't know specifics but, statewide in CA, there are very few counties, if any, that are legally allowed to have "dancing" in a club. For a while, the powers that be were not paying attention. Now, the clubs in CA are dropping off the radar as the regulators visit these clubs and hand out cease and desist orders.
mike710
4 years ago
Ah that makes sense. As much as I love visiting strip clubs, I always thought the COVID laws definitely seemed to be a bit funny when you couldn’t visit a movie theater, but could get a lap dance. Guess it makes more sense that they just weren’t paying attention.
SneakySecret2
4 years ago
That and the illegal "VIP" parties didn't sit well....
IceyLoco
4 years ago
Oooh did someone get busted?
SneakySecret2
4 years ago
If you check LA county Public Health's database, both COI clubs had complaint investigations recently, and shutdown about a week later. Sahara should be safe from shutting down due to being in Orange county
zodiacmouse
4 years ago
LA county is still in Code Red, the most restrictive level you can be in in CA. If anything is going on there, it will be shutdown once some random inspector checks on any club that is open. There has been stuff that was open over the past month or two because nobody noticed. Now that cases are spiking everywhere, clubs are getting shutdown one by one as those in charge of covid enforcement find them. If you know of a place that is open, keep it off public forums and enjoy while you can.
mike710
4 years ago
By the way, I meant to say LA county is in Purple. I know this site is meant to spread information but it may be a time where discretion is the better part of valor here. PM about things because you don't want to draw attention to clubs breaking rules.
mike710
4 years ago
I wonder if a county (e.g. OC), can choose to implement their own Covid 19 restrictions over what the state mandates?
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
OC is supposed to be only allowed to implement stricter mandates than the state's, not weaker, but whether they enforce it is a different story. This is the county that got their chief health officer to quit for trying to have a mask mandate.
zodiacmouse
4 years ago
Mike....the $100 a head private parties and clubs open as restaurants wre no secret. Papi. In some states the state sets basic guidelines and counties then implement them as they see fit. Its mostly a way for politicians at the state level to pull a trump and avoid liability.
IceyLoco
4 years ago
@Papi. Counties can choose to defy state orders but it could come at a cost. The Gavinator has threatened to take some state funding from counties that defy his orders. If it turned in to a court battle, not sure who would win but I don't think any counties found it worth the battle yet-at least officially. They could just turn a blind eye to things as some may be doing with clubs. The major theme parks are pretty upset with mandates from the state and may end up in court. People have begun to get worn out on restrictions. In my area, schools are getting ready for a soft opening with students coming into the schools part time. Seems like suspicious timing to do this as cases are rising and the election passing soon.
mike710
4 years ago
It’s all a hold out to see if abides gets elected, if he does federal dollars will bail out the state. If trump wins he has no choice but to open.
Prowlestator
4 years ago
Counties won't win in court. Its within the governor's powers to ensure public health measures
IceyLoco
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion