Proximity to a club.

Sunday, February 28, 2021 7:39 AM
There is a 9 acre piece of residential zoned property on Rt 15 Lake Hopatcong are in NJ for sale, It is right across the highway from Club 15. Got me to wondering, how close are the nearest clubs to you? I'm about 20 miles from the nearest "good" club (Manville NJ) . My favorites, Playhouse Lounge for example are just a bit too far for an impulse trip. Used to travel more for business in the NE Corridor area and made frequent visits ( and of course Covid does not help).

26 comments

It's 30 minutes in good traffic to the closest club. 50-60 minutes to the clubs that I normally go to. If I don't leave the clubs before the evening rush hour, I am looking at 90-120 minutes to get home.
shadowcat
3 years ago
About 45 minutes to the closest clubs (Wilder/Covington areas of Kentucky) but 2 hours to the closest decent clubs (Columbus Ohio) and 2.5 hours to the closest clubs with extras (Lexington/Louisville Ky).
whodey
3 years ago
I'm 10-20 minutes from our local clubs, but they are all not worth going to. I'm an hour with no traffic (double that with traffic) from the clubs worth going to
Subraman
3 years ago
30 minutes.
mark94
3 years ago
my favorite club is less than 5 minutes away
WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
3 years ago
Two miles. Two more within another mile. Two more within another 5 miles. Like the small city life.
gSteph
3 years ago
.4 of the 5 Pensacola clubs are with in 15 or 20 minutes, the 5th is maybe 30 minutes. None would be rated top notch by most of the TUSCL crowd, but it’s what I have and I generally mange to have fun. It’s been a while since I have been traveling and had free time to go clubbing. Used to travel on business a lot but now I am retired.
FishHawk
3 years ago
The closest club to me is 5 miles away. Two others are 10. Outside of that there are at least a dozen clubs that are still inside 20 miles. Portland has a lot of them.
SirLapdancealot
3 years ago
22 minutes. Closer to 30 minutes if I go to Baltimore city. Shave 7-10 minutes if I leave from my office.
Hank Moody
3 years ago
I live within walking distance of a club. However, it's in San Diego and not worth going to.
mike710
3 years ago
Queens, 10 minutes late night, hour rush hour.
Muddy
3 years ago
Right now, 50 minutes no traffic When everything's open, 30
Tetradon
3 years ago
I live ten minutes away from three Indianapolis clubs and the close proximity of three clubs was probably a major reason I picked up the hobby. I think some younger guys aren't picking up the strip club habit because people are moving further out as the inner city declines and new clubs are being legally blocked out in the suburbs where they are moving to. That means increased travel time and going into increasingly dangerous neighborhoods to clubs that look a little old and rundown. The closing of a nearby army base used to be blamed for the decline but that closed a long time ago and there has been a continued steady decline since then.
docsavage
3 years ago
0.0 miles - I live in a Winnebago in the parking-lot of my favorite club
Papi_Chulo
3 years ago
I have a rotation of clubs - the club I hit the most is about 15-miles away (about 30-minutes of mostly street-driving) The rest of the clubs in my rotation are from 9-miles to 40-miles - the ones farther away are on the far-end of the next county over and I avoid hitting these during rush-hour (the farthest one takes me ~45-minutes during non-rush-hour and it's mostly freeway driving)
Papi_Chulo
3 years ago
Up until last year the long term trend has been for people, and especially young people, to move into the cities and not out. Walkable living and renting has been a trend in real estate for a decade or more. Covid may have changed that but it’s too early to tell. Maybe it’s different in Indy but it was not a national trend to move out of the cities. We’ll see what happened now that remote working and pandemics are a thing.
Hank Moody
3 years ago
there are eight open and three recently closed clubs within 30 minutes of my house.
K
3 years ago
I’m about 15 minutes from the nearest clubs. There are several clubs in a 15 minute radius. Some aren’t worth a trip. Others are very worthwhile. I have gone about 30 minutes to explore other possible clubs, and it didn’t seem to improve the clubbing (or extras).
Cashman1234
3 years ago
I'm not surprised by most of these answers. There will naturally be some distance between the nice areas that club hounds live in and the shitty areas where most of these clubs are located. Perhaps when I am past the child raising years and looking to downsize I might find myself living closer to one or more clubs, but right now I do not want a club too close to where I live.
rickdugan
3 years ago
I've got a lot of Detroit clubs to go to. The closest is Bogart's, which is is 20 minute drive, but it takes only 15 seconds more to get to the Flight Club.
jackslash
3 years ago
I would think many would want some “distance” between where they are and their club. I heard gossip about when somebody from north Denver who ended up banned from my home club...and he worked out at the same gym that several staff members of the club did as well. Which would be kinda awkward to deal with. That person ended up clubbing most often at the south Denver club that is the favorite of tusclers (for the area) and it probably works out better for him if his antics are more under the radar. Lol! But on the other hand, there are a fair amount of club regs who are openly friends on social media with club staff and dancers, and there isn’t much of an “embarrassment” factor. But then again it’s a “small town” kinda mindset in that area. Which can be both a good and bad thing.
nicespice
3 years ago
Roughly 40 minutes to Providence. There are Massachusetts clubs closer, but Massachusetts clubs are useless IMO.
crosscheck
3 years ago
"... I heard gossip about when somebody from north Denver who ended up banned from my home club ..." I assume you purposely left out the reason why he got banned - but naturally it begs to wonder why he got banned - if you think it's best to not put it out there no worries
Papi_Chulo
3 years ago
Unfortunately I need to fly to my clubs. Detroit,South Jersey, Dallas Houston and South Florida. But I actually like the distance in a strange way.
dirtyburt
3 years ago
Roughly 20 minutes for the 2 I regularly visit. Or should I say "used to visit" since neither has been open for almost exactly a year now.
Oliver_Clothesoff_66
3 years ago
===> "I heard gossip about when somebody from north Denver who ended up banned from my home club...and he worked out at the same gym that several staff members of the club did as well. Which would be kinda awkward to deal with. That person ended up clubbing most often at the south Denver club that is the favorite of tusclers (for the area) and it probably works out better for him if his antics are more under the radar." Idk nice. I can't imagine many (non-commercial) tusclers caring what club staff thinks about...well...anything really. Now clubbing away to avoid running into family and work acquaintances sure, but club staff? I've never run into them IRL so far but I have run into a couple of dancers and I didn't care about that, so I don't see club staff moving the needle. They are there to make sure my booze is stocked, the club full of girls, my drinks flow, clean the place, etc. There opinions about my "antics" aren't something I ever really ponder. Maybe someone else feels differently and that's cool, but for me they are they are just a necessary part of the background unless they are also hot girls shaking titties and ass in my face, lol.
rickdugan
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion