Got my 2nd Covid shot

Monday, March 8, 2021 7:03 PM
Got my 2nd moderna shot Friday at a big city hospital’s satellite facility in a mostly AA ‘hood. All black and Hispanic people working there, almost all the people getting shots were white - including me. Why? I don’t know - all I know is my go-getter SO called the number back in early January when the vaccine first came out and got us both scheduled. Neither of us are 1a risk and she was truthful - weird but true and I have no guilt or reservations about it. Anyway- in another week or I ready to go back to normal. Anyone else there yet?

23 comments

I'm back to normal without a vaccine simply because I won't lie to jump the line and in my state I will become eligible around labor day. I reopened my office on 5/6 and today my client was the 4th person since then to wear a mask so I have been exposed pretty continually since then.
skibum609
3 years ago
I knew someone that got us the Pfizer vaccine in two days. Both shots took less than an hour to get, total. No reactions for either of us. Hasn't changed what we do or don't do.
Clubber
3 years ago
I had a reaction to the 2nd moderna shot. Felt tired and had aches the first day after but was back 100% the next day.
Studme53
3 years ago
Just got my second shot of Pfizer a few hours ago. So far no reaction but I here it takes a bit if you are going to have a reaction.
mike710
3 years ago
I got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine last Friday. Had to drive 50 miles to get both but I wasn't about to wait for anything closer. Had a little tenderness in the arm for both but no more than my normal Flu shot. Looking forward to getting back in the game on March 19th.
shadowcat
3 years ago
I had my first Moderna covid vaccine shot. No side effects. I can't wait for the second.
jackslash
3 years ago
I get my second Moderna shot next week 2/16 little bit of a sore arm after the first shot gone in 2 hours, can't wait for the second dose, I'll be back soon.
twentyfive
3 years ago
I’m getting my first shot tomorrow. I have to cross a state line to get it but they are signing just about anyone up with very little prerequisites and my job counts as one so I’m in.
shailynn
3 years ago
Got my first dose of Moderna two weeks ago but was clubbing like regular before then. We take calculated risks every day, why would this be any different?
Tetradon
3 years ago
Just got my 1st (Moderna), can't wait for the 2nd. Then I'll be ready to help some dancers have a better year than last.
gSteph
3 years ago
I got the first shot last week from end of day waste protocol. I sat in my car all day doing tax returns on a WiFi hotspot.
boomer79
3 years ago
Wow Desertscrub. Not sure why.the hate. I don’t think he was complaining just describing his experience with the shot. I’ve been out myself but definitely lived my life differently than normal. I don’t want COVID and don’t want to give it to family members. I don’t think that makes me a wuss and yeah I miss a lot of things I normally do.
boomer79
3 years ago
One shot JnJ 2days ago..... Sore arm for two days. Otherwise nothing.
Longball300
3 years ago
I am trying to get signed up for my first shot (the nearby location is doing the Moderna shots). I checked and my BMI is 25.6 - so I qualify as overweight! Woo hoo! 6’4” and 210 lbs - finally I can get in line for my shot!
Cashman1234
3 years ago
I did wake up feeling sluggish this morning after my shot. Took a couple ibuprofen and took a one hour nap and back to normal. Seemed like a slight hangover is all.
mike710
3 years ago
^ which one did you get?
Papi_Chulo
3 years ago
Pfizer. It was my second. On both shots, I couldn't sleep that night but didn't feel terrible. Maybe it was my metabolism ramping up to fight the foreign substance in my body? The second shot was definitely a bit worse but not like some of the horror stories I've heard about.
mike710
3 years ago
Same for me as for twentyfive - my 2nd Moderna happens next week and the only observable reaction was sore arm. Same as Mike710, I did have some fatigue same night as 1st shot continuing into next morning, but for me it wasn't significant enough that I could actually relate it to the shot. After my 2nd shot next week, I will be ready to resume clubbing even before the clubs in my area reopen.
DeclineToState
3 years ago
Idk how it is in other states, but in Colorado it is apparently ~discrimination~ to ask specific questions or for proof that anybody is in the proper category to get a vaccine. So when people in their 20s (and there was a lot of them) was asking to be put on the standby list to for the doses that would have been otherwise wasted, we weren’t allowed to say no to them but they were put WAY in the back of the list. But added they were. In other words, I wouldn’t worry about it too much if not considered 100% qualified.
nicespice
3 years ago
Florida just lowered the age of eligibility to sixty, and I heard it was going to be lowered five years every week going forward Sounds to me like we’re well on our way back to a more normal life.
twentyfive
3 years ago
Ha ha Desertscrub - I got to admit its angry trolls like you that make these forums entertaining. MORE CAPITALS !
Studme53
3 years ago
Going to rush out for my shot... NOT! Lol.
Dave_Anderson
3 years ago
Covid scamdemic. Biggest fraud successfully perpetrated in human history so far. The people behind this whole scam are laughing their asses off at the sheeple.
Dave_Anderson
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion