OT - PSA - Drizly.com

Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:13 AM
Full disclosure (for Desertscrub). This is TOTALLY an advertisement. Not because I have any financial interest in the company, but because I've used them twice and the service is outstanding. Any of you fellow PLs ever find yourself three sheets to the wind, writing some bullshit on TUSCL, you run out of beer or liquor or whatever, and you're either too drunk or too lazy to go to the liquor store? I've been seeing TV commercials and getting the online ads for a service called Drizly. I'm skeptical by nature, so I've been ignoring them for a long time. Finally last week I said WTF and gave it a try. First of all, the prices are similar to what you'd find at the store if you went there in person. There's beer, wine or hard liquor, name your poison. They add a $5 delivery charge and tips are, of course, encouraged. My first order (a bottle of Grey Goose) arrived in 13 minutes flat. For fuck's sake, I wasn't even ready and had to put some pants on in a hurry to answer the door. Tonight I was about to walk across my very busy street to the liquor store, but rather than risk my life with 18-wheelers flying past, I ordered again. It took a little longer - 15 minutes exactly this time, from the order confirmation until the guy texted me that he's at the door. I'm not sure if this is available or legal in every state, but shit man this is a good service and reasonably priced. Both times I added a minimal tip online and then handed the guy an extra five bucks when he arrived faster than I expected. I could be wrong, but my guess is that it's not like Uber Eats or Door Dash. I think the liquor stores sign up with Drizly and then they send their own people with the delivery. Like a stock boy... they get an order and tell him to quit stocking the shelves and drive this bottle down the street. Makes perfect sense. [view link]

6 comments

Damn that’s quick - it’s not legal in all states as many states prohibit the delivery of alcohol, although thanks to a deadly pandemic some states are rethinking that and some areas of the country they are allowing you to purchase cocktails directly from restaurants to go.
shailynn
3 years ago
So what you're saying is instead of walking across the street you ordered from [view link]?
wallanon
3 years ago
^^^ there were 18 wheelers involved!
shailynn
3 years ago
I’ve used this service too. It’s great! It’s quick - the prices for booze are reasonable too. I’m less heroic - as I don’t have to dodge 18 wheelers - I’m just a lazy drunk!
Cashman1234
3 years ago
I thought maybe the 18 wheelers we why he got such good service. He placed a big order.
Warrior15
3 years ago
As a rick I’m of two minds about this. On the one hand, the OP alluded to having to put his pants on to receive the liquor he was doubtless engaged in some sort of sexual activity. Methinks ‘twas onanism given that he is a non-rick, but let’s not go there. Big point: if you want more booze while in the midst of something nasty this sound like the way to go. On the other hand, delivery booze takes the fun out of the impaired drive home from the liquor store. One of the things I enjoy most - as an esteemed rick - is the joy of cracking open a bottle of whiskey as soon as I get behind the wheel. Makes the drive home so much more fun! On balance I think I’ll give these drizly folks a chance. But I ain’t putting my pants on when they come to the door. ROAR!!!
rickthelion
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion