Tijuana beyond Zona Norte

Wednesday, July 28, 2021 5:14 PM
I am visiting Tijuana next month and have three nights booked at Cascadas. Since I'm not 19 anymore (and haven't been in decades) I probably won't spend all of my waking hours in the clubs. Does anyone have any recommendations on other activities? I've heard there are some great breweries. Are there any in particular you'd recommend. Is the beach worth a trip? Reviews on other sites range from cool restaurants and bars to a dump that smells like sewage? Thanks in advance

5 comments

There are other things to do in Tijuana other than Zona Norte ? just kidding, kinda. I have been several times and only gone mongering. But one thing I have heard other guys do is do a little OTC with one of the girls. Pay one of the girls to be your tour guide. Last time I was there, I mentioned that to a couple of girls that spoke English. They seemed interested although I didn't do it.
Warrior15
3 years ago
@Warrior15- Good idea, thanks
devl_dawgg
3 years ago
Lots of people go to TJ each year, and only a small fraction are there to monger. There are breweries and a pretty good foodie culture: https://sandiego.eater.com/maps/best-restaurants-tijuana-mexico The first four on that list are a short walk from HK. You can Google the breweries, or even make the trip out to Tecate. The beaches are OK (better than OK if you're into seafood), and in addition to the breweries there are some decent wineries around Ensenada. I would get a local guide for the art or music scene, and the ZN bars are actually not a bad place to recruit one -- a significant number of bargirls are there not because they are uneducated and unemployable, but rather because they can make a lot of money there. :-)
booji boy
3 years ago
I'm preparing for my first trip as well and am in the same boat in terms of wanting to venture out a bit. Check out a YouTuber named Gareth Leonard. I'm basically modeling where I go after his Tijuana videos.
FredEttish
3 years ago
There is plenty to do outside the Zona Norte (ZN) in fact I recommend venturimg outside if you are staying more than one day. There are plenty of places to eat, shop, and venture, I find asking a taxi drive as a good source of local adventure. As far as the beaches, TJ beaches are decent and I prefer Rosarito. Solo mi dos centavos
Cristobal
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion