A technical tip for writing a review

Tuesday, August 10, 2021 2:17 PM
Just passing on what I do when writing a review. I open up Microsoft Word and compose the review in Word, using its spell check and so on, then cut and paste into the review text box on the TUSCL site. Don't need to save the Word doc. Find it easier and cleaner to do that.

14 comments

I use that method too. Nothing worse than TUSCL crashing just as you hit the enter button and you loose your whole text of your review.
shadowcat
3 years ago
I get the feeling a fair-amount of reviewers type reviews on their phones and thus the sometimes bad-spelling and short reviews
Papi_Chulo
3 years ago
I believe Papi is correct about the smartphone reviews. Some of the reviews have a bad talk-to-text feel to them. I write my reviews in Notepad++, which is a fantastic text editor with spell check. It's open source and free. Google it. I actually use it for most of my writing projects. MS Word is fine, but I've found that a lot of the formatting in Word doesn't copy and paste correctly in the TUSCL review text box. Doing the paragraph breaks and line spacing in a text editor is cleaner.
Call.Me.Ishmael
3 years ago
Just as shadowcat said -- "Nothing worse than TUSCL crashing just as you hit the enter button and you lose your whole text of your review" -- after that happened to me once, I started composing reviews using a separate editing program, then copying and pasting. In part because I hate Microsoft Word, my go-to program is the very latest version of a word processing program that existed long before MS Word took over the market. That said, I will refrain from mentioning it by name in the hope of lessening the chances of TUSCLers responding with "OK, Boomer..." 😁
EastCoaster
3 years ago
I just copy assorted paragraphs from others reviews of the club I pretended to visit. Saves me a lot of time
gobstopper007
3 years ago
I could really give a fuck about spelling in strip club reviews. Seriously, WTF!!! highlight and copy before you hit submit, if it bombs, it's all saved in the "clipboard"... Paste and submit again.
bkkruined
3 years ago
This is why I've started checking to see if someone else got something written while I was typing before I post. Imagine what bkkruined said, just at maybe a 6 or 7 instead of level 11 lol.
wallanon
3 years ago
Eh. I don't insist that reviews be AP Style Guide compliant, but there's a reason why "Incoherent" is one of the reasons to reject a review.
Call.Me.Ishmael
3 years ago
MS Word, no formatting, for me. Please type on something with a keyboard. You don't have to be a Harvard English major but please write coherent sentences. Using text-speak abbreviations like "u", "OMG", "LOL should get you bullwhipped in the cock. Above all, DO NOT CONNECT GIRLS BY NAMES TO EXTRAS!!!
Tetradon
3 years ago
And please remember what the RETURN key was put there for. Nothing harder to read than 18 run on sentences without a break
3 years ago
Just as an FYI, this is from the TUSCL review guidelines: "Spelling, grammar, and punctuation count. Do not use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! When composing a review, spell check it." Again, I'm not looking for polished journalism when I look at reviews, but I also shouldn't require a decoder ring to understand whether or not a club is any good.
Call.Me.Ishmael
3 years ago
an EDIT button would be nice. most other sites have one available for maybe thirty minutes after the original post.
Jascoi
3 years ago
When I write reviews, I would try to make them feel like we're having a conversation, and you asked me about a club I'm familiar with, I don't think my reviews are as good as some of the better ones, but I have never had a review rejected so, hopefully some of you get some value out of my reviews.
twentyfive
2 years ago
I write reviews on Tuscl. I don’t use other spelling or grammar tools- as I don’t know how they might reformat my text and paragraphs. I read and reread my reviews before posting them. I think the stuff done with speech to text is fairly obvious. I’m sure those are good ways of getting your thoughts captured, but it’s necessary to read them and add punctuation and capitalization.
Cashman1234
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion