Karens

Friday, August 27, 2021 4:48 PM
Idk what’s up with the recent chester🐆 trolling on wives, but hey I’m going to jump in on it too. So for the past few years, “Karen” has become a derogatory title for those who are nightmares when it comes to customer service. Or calling the police/posting in NextDoor app over young people with melanin who are minding their own business. Here is further backstory. Thanks to the rise of Karen as a slur, new parents don’t want to name their babies that anymore. [view link] The peak of the popularity of that name was for those born between ‘51 and ‘68, or those currently between 53 and 70 years old. Which would be a decent chunk of this board. Anyways, anybody here married to somebody who exhibits tendencies to get into “Karen” mode if something is going wrong, perhaps you may even join her to help speak to the manager against the snowflakes? If not your wife, are there lots of Karens you know in your personal lives? Or do you believe the label is a bunch of sexism and ageism nonsense?

41 comments

Chester is geordie. Autistic bitch nigga
Icee Loco (asshole)
3 years ago
"Karen" is one of those weird insults that is wrapped in a lot of irony, because a lot of the people who accuse others of being "Karens" exhibit a lot of "Karen-esque" behavior themselves. I don't use that term, but it's not a political correctness thing. I just know a few actual Karens, and they're good people. But do I know people who loudly and proudly exhibit a high degree of simultaneous ignorance and entitlement? ... sure. But I just call them "assholes". It is a term that has served me well for decades, and I don't have to explain it to anyone. Wikipedia on the term "Karen" as slang: [view link] Meanwhile, the "Chads" of the world quietly and nervously wait for the other shoe to drop ...
Call.Me.Ishmael
3 years ago
I know a dude who is this way. I don't know what you call that - Kenny? Lol. He's the type that wants to pay TJ Maxx prices and expects service like he was at Neiman Marcus. I think he goes into every situation just looking for a reason to call a manager over or make a fuss about something. He's an old friend of mine, so I tolerate this behavior to a certain extent, but I refuse to eat at a restaurant with him. In fact, if he's coming over my house and offers to pick up take-out food, I tell him to get his own food and I'll get mine from somewhere else. Take it from a guy who worked in a restaurant all through college, YOU DO NOT WANT TO FUCK AROUND WITH RESTAURANT EMPLOYEES. Let me repeat that: DO NOT FUCK WITH RESTAURANT PEOPLE!!!! And if a member of your group ever does, don't even think about eating anything else they bring to the table. The stories I could tell you might actually be too vulgar for this website.
misterorange
3 years ago
Misterorange, which one are you in this scene from "Waiting", with the original Karen? [view link]
ElDuderino_AZ
3 years ago
@ElDuderino I was the guy with the bandana and a friend of mine was the waiter. Because I was a cook and had all the most disgusting ideas, and he had an uncanny ability to serve up my creations in a professional manner without cracking up.
misterorange
3 years ago
A key question is whether Becky likes to suck dick more than Karen, or nobody wants their dick sucked by Karen. Entitled white people have been the mainstream of US society from the get go. Entitled to other people's land and labor for free. Not sure why entitled white women are out-memeing entitled white men so much on social media.
ilbbaicnl
3 years ago
I feel so bad for these poor women named Karen now. It’s a nice name, really.
Muddy
3 years ago
The term "Karen" is a derogatory racist term directed at older severely emotionally disturb white women. How it's acceptable to throw that term around but other racist terms will get someone thrown in jail is beyond my understanding. When I see videos of Karens having a meltdown I'm filled with sympathy knowing what a miserable sad life they must have. These Karen's are often bullied during these meltdowns which I find pathetic.
Lone_Wolf
3 years ago
Just as "resting bitch face" equates to "resting dick face" with the substitution of a Y chromosome, is there name for a male Karen? Whatever it is, I try not to be one. There is no use in screaming at someone who is doing their job, following company guidelines, or otherwise enforcing the rules. It is true, to an extent, that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. that doesn't mean that sometimes a person just doesn't need a dressing down, but I try to be careful in doling those out. Lone Wolf makes very important point that Karen is an inherently racist term, since it is universally defined as an entitled white female. There are far, far more black Karens in this world than there are White Karens. I also have encountered disproportionately high numbers of Karens from the Indian subcontinent. Male Karens are more predominant in Latin, Asian, and Mediterranean/ Middle Eastern cultures. Don't get me wrong, I have had more rounds with Caucasian Karens than I care to remember, but the limiting of the term to older white women is racist, sexist, and ageist.
gammanu95
3 years ago
I'm thinking spice is onto something though with the age thing. In my business, I'm gonna say that 90% of the complaints we get are from women over the age of 50. Women over a certain age become that "matriarch" of the family. They think their job is to look out for others. So they will be the person to step and voice displeasure. The fact that most women named Karen are in that age group , I find very interesting. I also think that women over the age of 50 are starting to see that men are less interested in what they say or are doing. We men pay attention to younger women. So the older women get frustrated by this. The hostility comes out.
Warrior15
3 years ago
Not heard of the name "Karen" being used that way. Sounds like the negative side of the white suburban soccer mom. We have lots of such people influencing local government, but more in the suburbs than San Jose. We have these Neighborhoods Groups. People photograph street hookers and post them and lean on police to bust them without evidence. Most of what they want is directly tied to real estate prices. Uplifters [view link] During the 1920's, the one who had been the first wife of the architect Frank Lloyd Wright, was going around Chicago, campaigning over "girls ruined by jazz", and she had a list of names. " The American "Modern" story (c. 1914) demonstrates how crime, moral puritanism, and conflicts between ruthless capitalists and striking workers help ruin the lives of marginalized Americans. To get more money for his spinster sister's charities, a mill owner orders a 10% pay cut to his workers' wages. An ensuing workers' strike is crushed and The Boy and The Dear One make their way to another city; she lives in poverty and he turns to crime. After they marry, he tries to break free of crime but is framed for theft by his ex-boss. While he is in prison, his wife must endure their child being taken away by the same "moral uplift society" that instigated the strike. Upon his release from prison, he discovers his ex-boss attempting to rape his wife. A struggle begins and in the confusion the girlfriend of the boss shoots and kills the boss. She escapes and The Boy is convicted and sentenced to the gallows. A kindly policeman helps The Dear One find the real killer and together they try to reach the Governor in time so her reformed husband will not be hanged. " [view link] [view link] SJG
san_jose_guy
3 years ago
No point in being ladylike when you're too old to get any good dick anyway.
ilbbaicnl
3 years ago
As Karen complains that her Armenian caramel bat guano latte lacks the expected vanilla aftertaste, her husband Chad is complaining on TUSCL because a 20-year-old stripper likes the dick of her burger-flipping boyfriend better because it's bigger and can stay rock hard for 45 minutes.
ilbbaicnl
3 years ago
Maybe it's just me but I see a name on some of the people who post here and think that it will likely be a "Karen" rant and skip it.
mike710
3 years ago
Oops, sorry, meme foul. Todd is Karen's husband, Chad is the stripper's bf with the rock hard dick.
ilbbaicnl
3 years ago
I don't use the slur much myself, but I have a conservative sister, and, by design, she named her first firearm, a .357 Kimber revolver, 'Karen'. Cracked me up. 😁
SirLapdancealot
3 years ago
Named her gun Karen? Ha, nice. I named my car Lucille...I had just watched Cool Hand Luke on the old folks movie channel. Sadly, the automatic car washes around here don't wash it the way Lucille did... [view link]
ElDuderino_AZ
3 years ago
I bet a lot of guys on here are married to karens.
Icee Loco (asshole)
3 years ago
In a way, you could say that I was. SJG
san_jose_guy
3 years ago
Yeah I forgot about the white people thing, which idk why because that’s a big one. I think more of age because of my own mom who reconnected with old high school friends and it seems like after that her behavior in public places has gotten more demanding and less manners since then 😭 She will tone down that stuff when I’m there though, mostly because I lecture her on it. it’s probably considered a white person thing too just because there are more older white people than younger. Median age of a white person 43.7 and Hispanic 29.8 Not fair maybe, but I think that’s the reason for it. Idk, I admit to profiling people, because I’ve worked in customer service jobs before. Maybe it’s not right but can’t help it. The last vanilla job I had definitely had a TON of what could be called classic Karens. It was considered the worst in the chain amongst ourselves. Somebody who grew up in Denver area though said the neighborhood we were in has always been like that reputation wise. A year ago when the social justice rioting was going on, I really wanted them to target there but noooo they just stuck to wrecking havoc downtown. The people I directly worked with were pretty cool though, so at least that made it easier. On the other hand, I remember going to Wisconsin once and was absolutely floored by how amazingly sweet the older white women there were. They would look over and I would wonder if trouble was coming my way, but all they wanted to do was pet my dog and give him love. 🥰
nicespice
3 years ago
I’m an easy going person who likes east going people. I hate people who are super assertive about petty things.
boomer79
3 years ago
Tucker Carlson his ilk are just vagless Karens. Karening white guys are seen as dangerous or admirable, depending on you politics. Only very smart people realize that a Karen with a penis is at least as laughable as one without: [view link] . Black women of any age get hit with the Angry Black Woman stereotype. East Asian women of any age meticulously watch their weight cause they live to walk on your back. Young Latinas are all Cardi B. Older Latinas spend their time in church, watching telenovelas, compulsively maiding, and throwing their sandals at kids when they get bratty.
ilbbaicnl
3 years ago
Don Lemon is leader of the vagless Karens.
gammanu95
3 years ago
My entire neighborhood is full of Karens and the worst ones live on my street. The worst one on my streets real name is Karen, what a coincidence. A neighbor moved in 2 houses down from her and one of their 3 kids had a toy fly into Karens yard and she came out and told the 7 year old kid off. Started a war, the family moved a few months later. Karen never had kids, even though she has a husband. I wouldn't be surprised if they never had sex even though they are in their 70s.
shailynn
3 years ago
My ex wife was a Karen. Thank god we never had kids for her to mentally abuse. One time we were driving down a highway with a couple friends in the car amd she was acting worse than usual so I stopped the car and treated her like the child she was acting like. I told her the car was not moving until she acted like an adult or got out and walked...
crazyjoe
3 years ago
For the record, a male Karen is known as a....Karen! Pisses bitchy men off to be called a woman's name. No need to reinvent the wheel.
SanchoRG
3 years ago
I have known quite a few Karens. One of which was actually named Karen. Most of the time they act like very kind and decent people but when certain situations trigger them they go into full Karen mode. Being an older white dude most people treat me well at least to my face. But I have had a few Karens turn on me if I express certain social opinions.
FishHawk
3 years ago
I live in a suburb of NYC and the folks are largely cool. However, there are a decent number of Karen’s here. The linked article is long - but it’s about a local Karen. It’s honestly bizarre and sad behavior from a woman who basically lost an argument. She realized her argument and she pulled out the physical assault card. It’s sad and it’s wrong, but it continues in our communities. [view link] I like where I live. But, I know there is a fair amount of entitlement in many families, and it can lead to folks believing their view is all that matters. It’s wrong.
Cashman1234
3 years ago
cashman, i just checked out that article. i've seen many girls on SA from montclair. even though most of those were girls were in the 7-8 looks range, there was something about their profiles that just didn't vibe well with me. from the article montclair is described as living in park slope brooklyn, with the benefit of owning a backyard. now i know why i feel those shitty vibes. girls/women from park slope are uptight, stuck up, entitled cunts. their shits don't stink. shits so nice they dropping out bouquets of roses and ice cubes with the perfect circles inside. i can see monclair being the central karen capital of new jersey. hoboken would be a close 2nd.
rattdog
3 years ago
Well said rattdog. Montclair is a very nice town, and most of the residents are very nice folks. However some take entitlement to the next level.
Cashman1234
3 years ago
I’ve used the Karen term but perhaps that’s regrettable because I know some nice Karens in real life. Perhaps a better term could be adopted. Having said that, there definitely is a subset of rude, entitled busybodies who persistently think that being a pain over minor shit is an appropriate way to act. I suppose this could be studied and I could be wrong but I don’t think this behavior tracks with race or gender. I’m not sure about age.
Huntsman
3 years ago
We did used to have a word. Bitch. Humans like to reinvent the same old shit and call it new. Over and over, for millennia. Nothing new under the sun
SanchoRG
3 years ago
Kind of funny that the dumbest, rudest and most bigoted people on earth use the term "karen" frequently. Pot....meet kettle.....
skibum609
3 years ago
@Huntsman true, the problem is that somehow people are more reluctant to tell older white Karens to just fuck off.
ilbbaicnl
3 years ago
It's no worse than being named John. Who wants to be known for toilets or prostitute customers? Or dead person?
shadowcat
3 years ago
I want to hate fuck a Karen
Icee Loco (asshole)
3 years ago
^ So Icey is going to masturbate then? 😁
nicespice
3 years ago
^^^ I loled.
Call.Me.Ishmael
3 years ago
This came up in conversation last night. Apparently, "Todd" is the male Karen. That's funny, of the two Todds I can think of immediately, both were great guys and one was multi-racial. The only Karen I've known personally was a ginger born in the 70s. Freakishly tall, fairly smart, somewhat attractive, but a real bitch.
gammanu95
3 years ago
It sounds weird though. Todd and Karen. Its like the incel Chad and Stacy...
Icee Loco (asshole)
3 years ago
I've heard Kyle or Greg used for a male Karen. Only Karen I interact with on the regular is very sweet and kind.
Tetradon
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion